Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old September 22nd, 2004, 04:05 PM

Exclamation UPDATE !Lost/Perdu Puppy FOUND!! Downtown Montreal!!!

Thank you !!Our Puppy was found at the Berger Blanc this morning, I took your advice and went to both the SPCA and then the pound and there she was!!!!!! WE are so grateful to the people that picked her up and took her there - but you were right...If I had depended on the pound calling me back and had not gone there myself, we may not have gotten her back. If you lost your dog GO AND VISIT DAILY!!!!!

Please help - White four month old female escaped from yard at 3:30 pm today on St. Jacques and Lucien L'allier. I have had her four four days she does not know her name yet A couple with a light colored van asked my neighbor if they knew who the dog belonged to, but since she had not yet met the puppy, she said no. If you have any info please contact me ASAP, I am completely devastated!!!!!!!!!!

S'il vous plaît l'aide - Blanc quatre mois vieille femelle s'est échappé du yard à 3:30 du soir aujourd'hui sur la Rue. Le Jacques et Lucien L'allier. J'ai eu son quatre quatre jours elle ne sait pas que son nom pourtant UN couple avec une lumière camionnette colorée a demandé mon voisin s'ils qui ont su le chien appartenu à, mais puisque elle pas encore avait rencontré le chiot, elle a dit que non.ils ont dit qu'ils appelleraient le SPCA, mais pas encore a appelé ou l'a prise là-bas. Si vous avez n'importe quelle information me contacte s'il vous plaît dès que possible, je suis complètement dévasté ! !!!!!!!!! Elle est juste bébé ! !!!

Last edited by Pontonta; September 23rd, 2004 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Puppy Found!!
Old September 22nd, 2004, 06:28 PM
Crusader

Did you have a PetID on your puppy?
One of the first basic Priorities of any animal owner is having a PetID on their loved one be it an INDOOR or OUTDOOR pet..

here's some Lost pet Tip's i've collected over time...

The immediate keys to searching for your pet are: walk, talk, visit and make fliers. As soon as you're aware your pet is missing, walk the area he/she was last seen. Don't go alone. Knock on doors,talk with people in the area, homes and businesses. Visit all local shelters DAILY.

Be aggressive in your search.
Time is your enemy.
Never give up.

Check inside your home in every conceivable corner and space, and outside your home in outbuildings, crawlspaces, anywhere your pet may be hiding. Your pet could be hurt, sick, confused, scared or trapped.

Walk your grounds calling pet's name often and loudly. LISTEN CLOSELY.

Walk your neighborhood, or area last seen, several times daily including early morning and early evening. (Take someone with you.)

Leave items with a familiar scent outside your home. A litter box, pet bed, or a sweatshirt recently worn by a loved one can attract a pet who has strayed, become disoriented, or bolted during a thunderstorm.

VISIT area shelters and humane societies DAILY. Take them your flier. Go in person; don't rely on a phone call to get correct, timely info. Remember, some shelters and Humane Societies keep animals only a few days...Visit DAILY.

Place an ad in the paper and also watch the paper closely for Found ads.
Submit your ad online to lost/found, missing pet services, of which there are several.
Old September 22nd, 2004, 11:34 PM
banned user

Hi

I'm not sure if your area belongs to spca or breger blanc.

Here are the numbers;

Berger Blanc 514-494-2002
SPCA Montreal 514-735-2711

I agree with Ironknight... go to both (in person) everyday.
Bring pictures...

* They are only required to keep lost/found dogs for 3 days*
Old October 1st, 2004, 09:37 PM
banned user

Woooooooo Hooooooooo

I'm so very happy for you. Give puppy a big Smooooch.
Old October 1st, 2004, 09:59 PM
Senior Contributor

Now THAT is good news!!!!
Old October 2nd, 2004, 04:17 PM
Senior Contributor

I agree,just made my day I can imagine you are elated,what a terrible scare!! Take care,make sure he does not bolt again,please!
Old October 3rd, 2004, 07:34 AM
Crusader

CONGRAT'S!! glad you're back with your baby! this is such good news! !