Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Pets that have passed away - Rainbow bridge

Old October 15th, 2008, 09:30 PM
-

Goodbye my dear , dear Sam

I've been hiding in the TJT , trying to think about something else , the pain is unbearable. Even if I knew this was coming. Many of you knew about Sam's cancer. He was given 2-6 months by my vet last December. I had to let him go tonight. I took the day off work to spend it with him , yummy food , car ride , a lot of talking to him to explain why mommy was taking him to the vet tonight. He wasn't sick , but the lump was so big and started to rupture last night. He had trouble walking too.

It's always hard when you adopt an older dog , I only had 3 years with him. He just turned 11 yr old. Sam was such an angel , he was my big polar bear. The kind of dog you just hugged over and over. I'll always remember once at the vet , when I was paying our bill , I turned aroung to find a young boy hanging from Sam's neck , just hugging him. Sam loved the attention.

Sam was my shadow , always in the same room , followed me everywhere. Such a good boy. My heart is into pieces. And I know Bailey and Nelly will miss him so much. Sam was the only dog Bailey ever played with. I can't believe he's gone. I can't believe the luck I had to have him as a friend. I can't believe 2 families dumped him before I adopted him. I can't believe a second dog of mine got cancer. I just can't believe I won't get to see him , to hug him anymore. This is so unfair. I took this picture this morning ,if I went in the bathroom and closed the door (to take my shower) this is what was waiting for me on the other side. (picture below) I can't believe I won't see this tomorrow morning. I can't believe he's gone. I can't believe how hard this is.

Sam , I feel honored to have been your mommy , I will never meet a dog like you , you will always be my polar bear , I love you so much , it's unbearable.
Attached Images

Old October 15th, 2008, 09:33 PM

dear Sam Frenchy
Old October 15th, 2008, 09:46 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Awwww Sweetie My heart is breaking right along with yours. I am so so so sorry. Please know you did more than most would have. You gave Sam the world! You gave him 3 extra years he wouldn't have had without you. You were his angel. Now he is yours. He will wait for you. You will be reunited at the Bridge.

sweet sweet Sam We all love you

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old October 15th, 2008, 09:49 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh Frenchy, what a beautiful tribute.

A beautiful creature has left us to run free with his friends, no cancer, no pain, just all the things he loves and friends he's met along the way . I'm sure he and Daisy are catching up with all the news.

Older doggies give us so much love... I swear they know that they have to fit a whole lifetime of love in the short time they are with us
Give Nelly, Bailey, Chloe, Paddington and Monsieur an extra hug from us too tonight.

I never met Sam but he touched my heart in so many ways. He will live on in all our memories

Thanks Sam
From Otter and Molly

A huge for you Frenchy

Sam
and love for my "lost ones" - Misery, Clover & the girls (chickens)
Old October 15th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Skylar's Farm

I feel so bad for you.....what a lovely picture of your big bear Sam.
You did the right thing and made sure that Sam was happy and comfortable until his last breath.
I wish that same kindness for every animal and person.....rest peacefully Sam.
Old October 15th, 2008, 09:59 PM
Now I'm Mrs. Chaser!

Oh Frenchy I'm so sorry to hear that Sam had to go. :sad: It's amazing to me how easy it has become to care about the other members and their pets on this board without ever having met them. You sound like such a loving mother to your dogs, and Sam looks like such a gentle soul. Though I didn't know him, I can't help but cry for your loss.

Sweet Sam
Kailey (Misunderstood Gentle Beauty) - GSD & foster failure #1
Rupert (Gold-Medal Winner of the 3 a.m. Kitty Destruction Olympics )

Heidi - RIP my sweet baby girl
Old October 15th, 2008, 10:03 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

He was a special boy, that's for sure, Frenchy. And his last years with Mama Frenchy were .

Now you have another waiting for you.

Sam

s for you and the fuzzbutts...especially Bailey.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old October 15th, 2008, 10:17 PM

Oh, Frenchy, I feel your pain through your words....I am so sorry you had to let go of Sam this way. to you through this hard time.
Old October 15th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh Frenchy, my most sincere condolences to you. I'm so sorry you have to go through this pain. But to know a love like that is very special and hopefully one day it won't hurt quite so much.

“We must not refuse to see with our eyes what they must endure with their bodies.” ~ Gretchen Wyler
Old October 15th, 2008, 10:27 PM
boubou

I'm so sorry you lost Sam so soon - I can't believe it happened already. My heart is broken for you...he was a lucky, lucky dog...RIP Sam...
Old October 15th, 2008, 10:37 PM
Mom of Cody and Nova

My deepest sympathies, lots of hugs being sent your way
Old October 15th, 2008, 10:46 PM

Frenchy my deepest heartfelt condolences on the loss of your Sam

These things I warmly wish to you
Someone to love
Some work to do
A bit o' sun
A bit o' cheer
And a guardian angel always near.
— An Irish Blessing

Sam has joined Daisy to watch over you always

They are always there
At your feet by your side,
Where ever you go
Which ever direction you turn
By your side
Always

sweet sweet Sam running cancer & pain free at the Rainbow Bridge with Daisy

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old October 15th, 2008, 11:02 PM
-

Frenchy, my heart is aching with you.

You were strong enough to let Sam go. He is now pain free and looking down and thanking you. He is happily playing with Daisy and they will always be two special angels looking over you.

Sweet Beautiful Sam.
Old October 16th, 2008, 12:15 AM
ZiggyZuzuZoeyRaggzy&Keena

Sweet sweet Sam, you are whole again now at the Bridge with Daisy

Frenchy, any dog who is lucky enough to live in your home, temporarily or permanently, knows how lucky they were to be graced with your love. All my sympathy and condolences to you at this truly unbearable time.
Old October 16th, 2008, 01:28 AM
Live well, laugh often

I am soooo sorry Frenchy . Sam was such a special soul and you gave him such love in your time together. That love was returned to you so many times, I could always see the happiness in his eyes in every picture I have ever seen. I know this is also extra hard as it brings back memories of Daisy. I think fate puts these dogs in your hands as it knows that your love can heal all the hurt and loss they may have felt in the past. Hugs and even more hugs to you and all your furries.

Request From Rainbow Bridge
by Constance Jenkins

Weep not for me though I am gone
Into that gentle night.
Grieve if you will, but not for long
Upon my soul's sweet flight.
I am at peace, my soul's at rest
There is no need for tears.
For with your love I was so blessed
For all those many years.
There is no pain, I suffer not,
The fear now all is gone.
Put now these things out of your thoughts,
In your memory I live on.
Remember not my fight for breath
Remember not the strife.
Please do not dwell upon my death,
But celebrate my life.

Old October 16th, 2008, 02:03 AM
Senior Contributor

We are so sorry....:sad:

There ain't no cure for stupid ...... but we should make sure we laugh and point it out to everyone else
Old October 16th, 2008, 02:42 AM

Oh no. I am so so so sorry for your loss. He was such a beautiful dog, with such gentle, warm eyes. You are right - you just want to reach out and stroke him. There are no adequate words to really touch how you are feeling. The adoration in his eyes looking at you said everything. You can see it in the picture a mile away - its obvious how much he loved you. My thoughts are with you during such a hard time. I wont forget your words of wisdom for me when i needed them - just knowing that people are feeling your pain and knew how great a dog he was and are also mourning his passing, in some way it just helps. Again, i am so dreadfully sorry for your loss.
Old October 16th, 2008, 04:06 AM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

Frenchy this is a wonderful tribute to Sam and since he couldn't verbally say it,i'll say it for him. Thank you for being his heart and soul healer and for letting him go before he was in too much pain. I'm sure he is and will watch over you until you meet again. Grace and i send our love along with everyone else.

Sam
Old October 16th, 2008, 05:12 AM
Owned by goldens

Goodbye Sam

Frenchy, you were Sam's I am sorry that you didn't get to spend more time with him.
Old October 16th, 2008, 05:58 AM
Senior Contributor

what a wonderful journey you allowed Sam to take, knowing a loving home, a loving touch and a loving heart that knew when to help him live free over the bridge, God bless you Frenchy for giving Sam all that love...R.I.P. Sam, you were and are very much loved....*huge huggers* Frenchy
Old October 16th, 2008, 06:17 AM
Senior Contributor

It's always so difficult when you loose a family member and a friend. I'm so sorry about Sam, both of you were very lucky to have each other in your lives
Old October 16th, 2008, 06:28 AM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

Oh Frenchy, my heart goes out to you. You and Sam were both so lucky to have found eachother, I'm glad you were both able to share such love and devotion.

RIP Sam Your Mommy loves you forever.

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

~~Chief Seattle (Duwamish tribe)~~
Old October 16th, 2008, 06:51 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

My heart feels your pain, Frenchy, wish I could make you feel better. Your special touch with dogs made Sam's life complete. After the last family dumped him, he prayed for an angel and he was given you. You gave him the best three years he could ask for.

Dear, sweet Sam

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old October 16th, 2008, 07:06 AM
Half Way To Crazy

sweet sweet Sam.... Everyone that met you, you touched their hearts in a very special way..

I'm so sorry Frenchy,
Old October 16th, 2008, 07:15 AM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Frenchy......I thought this was very nice.

Hugs to you!

RIP Sweet Sammy!

Your Pets In Heaven

To have loved and then said farewell, is better than to have never loved at all.
For all of the times that you have stooped and touched my head, fed me my favorite treat and returned the love that I so unconditionally gave to you.
For the care that you gave to me so unselfishly.
For all of these things I am grateful and thankful.

I ask that you not grieve for the loss, but rejoice in the fact that we lived, loved and touched each others lives.

My life was fuller because you were there, not as a master/owner, but as my FRIEND.

Today I am as I was in my youth. The grass is always green, butterflies flit among the flowers and the Sun shines gently down upon all of God's creatures.

I can run, jump, play and do all of the things that I did in my youth. There is no sickness, no aching joints and no regrets and no aging.

We await the arrival of our lifelong companions and know that togetherness is forever.

You live in our hearts as we do in yours. Companions such as you are so rare and unique.

Don't hold the love that you have within yourself.

Give it to another like me and then I will live forever. For love never really dies, and you are loved and missed as surely as we are.

Your Pets In Heaven

by Ken D. Conover
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old October 16th, 2008, 07:31 AM
Senior Contributor

Frenchy,I am at loss for words,no words will make you feel less pain,just know most of us are crying with you,wish I could be there to give you hugs and support.
for beautiful,sweet Sam,we will never forget you
Old October 16th, 2008, 07:52 AM
Kitty pimp

i relly have no words to say except that you and sam will be together sometime again
Old October 16th, 2008, 08:41 AM
Senior Contributor

Frenchy I am so very very sorry. I understand your pain but I know that there are no words that will make this hole in your heart go away. I can only tell you that the loving memories that you have will remain forever. He is in your heart and you in his. You have given Sam a wonderful journey in his senior years and the final gift of compassion and guiding him to the bridge.

My heart goes out to you. Peace be with you my friend.

RIP Sam - run pain free and run wild.
Old October 16th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Senior Contributor

Ohhhh Frenchy,I'm soooooooooo very sorry for your loss.

It's true Frenchy,you were his ...And he is watching over you now.

You know we are here for you....

sweet Sam.

Old October 16th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Remembering Lukka

I,m so sorry

Frenchy, I know how your heart is breaking now and I feel so bad for you. When we lose our loved one it's a long road to feeling better, I hope the pain of his loss will be replaced with smiles of his memories very soon.
Rest In Peace dear Sam

Last edited by Lukka'sma; October 16th, 2008 at 12:06 PM.