Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old February 22nd, 2004, 10:03 AM

My dogs symptoms

Hey all! I was just curious about some of my dogs symptoms. OK, My dog (racheal) is 11 years old. About 2 months ago my dog started feeling down, not very active, eating sometimes, and just not her usual self, she was still drinking water. I took her to vet, he gave her something for an upset stomach and a steriod shot. Well she got a little better, but then I noticed she would spend a lot of time trying to poop, and I never would see anything come out. She was very bummed, not her normal 11yr old pep. I took her to vet again. He tested her poopand found nothiing, he said her track was clear, and texture was normal. He said she must be pooping or she would not eat at all, and she appeared normal for a 11 yr old. So he gave her pain pills for arthiritus. That appeared to work well, she got back to about 95% normal.
Well I ran out of pain pills, and she got bummed out again, tried asprin with no luck. So I went to get more pain pills, been giving them to her, and nothing seems to be happening this time. She eats spuratically, food and snacks, she still likes to like the plate, still spending a lot of time outside squating like she trying to poop, she is drinking water. and last couple of days she has peed in the house at night. She give me funny looks like she is totally lost or confused. Vet seems to think she is ok, But I KNOW %1000 there is something else wrong. Any Ideas.
Old February 22nd, 2004, 10:33 AM
Senior Contributor

I agree with you - something is definitely wrong with her. I suggest you take her to another vet who may be able to get some answers for you.

In an 11 year old dog, there are many possibilities for what is causing her diffculities.