Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 8th, 2008, 03:52 AM

Red face Angel needing stitches again

In the woods on sunday evening running the dogs everything was fine till i noticed Angel with blood on her rib cage, with one look i knew it was a vet job, for those who dont know Angel is a saluki X which is a very thin dog with very thin skin which tears easy.
so took her home to clean her up and have a look what damage she had done this time, we cleaned her up phoned the vet, told her where she had cut herself and the size she said just to patch her up till morning and take her straight in then. well trying to patch her up was fun everytime we wrapped anything round her it slid off her ribs tried putting the flap of skin back over her muscle (which was showing) but that kept tucking over, in the end she had a pair off tights over it and a t-shirt on.
Took her to the vets in the morning but they had to put her under to stitch this one as it needed triming, said for me me to ring at 2pm to see how she is, they phoned me at 1pm saying fetch her she had come round and started trashing the cage she was in so went to get my baby girl, she was fine just hates being away from Prince and was really sleepy and sore.
Prince was really happy to see her and kissed her as soon as she got in and went and laid with her, but poor Chaos got growled at so kept out her way. heres a few pics of Angels latest war wounds..........

3 dogs, Prince, Angel, Chaos.

1 house rabbit, Phillippe F-lop