Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old December 28th, 2003, 10:55 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Pls look at this and tell me what u think

http://www.riverdaletoronto.com/loca...services.shtml

Ad #14618

-
(3) Maltee-poo 500$
(4) pug 700$
(6) shih-tzu 575$
(5) westies 700$
(8)standard poodle 575$ Black
(7) Golgie-poo 700$
-
*Pet store are welcome. Ask for details
*Can deliver between Montreal and Toronto areas for free
*Can ship anywhere
Serious inquiries only
Call 514 606-1946
Old December 28th, 2003, 11:05 PM
Senior Contributor

Ewwww.

What in heck is a Golgie-poo and why is it worth $700 ???
Or a $500 Maltee-poo?
Or a $1000 pet store 12 week old Golden Retriever?

Oh wait these are Canadian dollars. Well still...
Unfortunately there's websites and classifieds like this all over the place. I could post worse ones selling thousands and thousands of puppies - we take credit cards! We ship anywhere! Oh lordy.

People who buy these dogs are ABSOLUTE MORONS. . I'm sorry, but they are. If people wouldn't buy them, nobody would be breeding them...
Old December 29th, 2003, 02:29 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Isn't it disgusting Carina

I would like to set them up I really would!!
Old December 29th, 2003, 05:58 PM

What a bunch of jacka@$!! People like them don't deserve to be able to have any animals. These are only money hungry people, who aren't thinking of the consequences.

I can't stand people like this.
Old December 29th, 2003, 10:04 PM
Senior Contributor

Man that just pisses me off....I get so ticked when I see ads like that.And the sad part is people actually buy these dogs.....The thing now is a Labradoodle...And they are going for big bucks....These people have to be stopped.If you want to know what they look like,just so a search on them.
Old December 30th, 2003, 12:10 AM
Chocolate

Luba... how do u wanna set them up?
Old December 30th, 2003, 01:06 AM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Oh u know me and my mind how it works

go in u/c and video tape the aholes
Old December 30th, 2003, 11:45 AM

Luba, that sounds like a plan to me.

It just seems like people like them get away with doing dumb stuff like this all the time. They need to harshen the law on animals. If they can have harsh laws for humans, then they should have harsh laws for the animals too.

That's just me though, and that's what I think.
Old December 30th, 2003, 11:47 AM
Senior Contributor

Oh, how I wish I lived in Canada! You guys have too much fun.
Old December 30th, 2003, 01:53 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Laughs

Come on to Canada

and yes penalties should obviously be more strict. Judicial system just don't work.

If justice is supposed to be blind, maybe it needs a working dog (seeing eye dog) to show it the way
Attached Images

Old December 30th, 2003, 02:44 PM

I read most of the ads, and the one that struck me was the one who cannot keep her puppy because of work. A 3 month-old puppy, from PJ.s (which probably cost her, what? $2000 in that store? No offense to any PJ lovers here, but how they can charge $900 (canadian albeit) for a Lab Collie X (not even a Labradoodle, or Schnoodle or whatever the "new breeds" are these days) is BEYOND my comprehension. But I digress.) My point is that this is a vicious cycle! People breed these dogs, sell them to petstores via newspapers who sell them to non-screened, irresponsible people who love puppies, and then they put them right back in the paper where the store got them from! I know that with my work schedule, I cannot have a puppy, I will probably never be able to get a puppy. I do, however, have a rescued senior great dane who fits my lifestyle perfectly. People need to start making responsible decisions when it comes to pets. What shocks me is the price people ask for their dogs, but also the amount of people putting their own pets up for sale after having them for a few months. Grow up people, a pet is a part of your family, and you are a part of theirs. How would you like to be with someone for a month and then be moved again? I would love to go get the statistics of "breeder" to pet store to owner back to newspaper. I'm sure the results would insult and sadden me.
Sorry for my ranting, but I hate to see so many people wanting to get rid of their pets because of work. Lifestyle change; fine, allergies; fine, but "because of work" did you not have that job a month ago when you got the dog? Breaks my heart.

And I apologize if I've offended anyone.
Old December 30th, 2003, 02:47 PM

oh yeah, and not to reply to my own post, which I realize is a little geeky, but who asks $250 for a DSH cat???? you can go to a rescue shelter and get one for, what, 1/5 of that price? COME ONE PET STORES!!!!!! I know you have to make money, but there's a limit!!!! I hate seeing puppies or kittens that are almost 6 or 7 months in petstores! It really depresses me, and you can see they're not doing to well either.

sorry about that again. I'm really fired up, and I'm CANADIAN, so Luba, I'm with you!!! If the authorities won't take care of it, we will!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA <- (evil Canadian laughter)
Old December 30th, 2003, 05:19 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Okay folks here's some more from the OSPCA

http://www.ospca.on.ca/Dec03_PuppyMill/index.html

1 December, 2003) – Inspectors from the Ontario SPCA removed, on veterinary recommendation, 63 dogs, 6 cats and 7 chickens from a property in the Township of Arran-Elderslie in Bruce County, where they were being kept in what has been described as appalling conditions

“Conditions were appalling and extremely unsanitary with urine-soaked paper for bedding." said Ontario SPCA Senior Inspector for Western Ontario, Darren Grandel. "Many were seen to be spinning around in their tiny cages due to stress. Other dogs were being kept outside, shivering in the snow.”
Donations to help treat and care for the dogs are greatly appreciated. If you would like to help with a donation please call Cathy at 1-888-ONT-SPCA (668-7722) extension 322.
Attached Images

Old December 31st, 2003, 12:03 AM
Chocolate

*tear*

I swear, if I EVER win the lottery, I'm donating money to the animal shelters.... I originally wanted to create my own... but I'd need help with it.... *blushes*
Old December 31st, 2003, 04:11 PM

That is sooooo sad.

I wish I could help the animals more. There's only soo much a person/people can do.

I too wanted to start an animal shelter. A NO KILL Dog animal shelter. We have a NO KILL Cat shelter in this area.

Now if we can only get all the pooches taken care of.
Old January 3rd, 2004, 07:30 PM
Chocolate

YES, ABSOLUTELY!

I forgot to add that part, after all, that should be the NORM.
Old January 4th, 2004, 10:46 PM
Senior Contributor

these people are called puppy farmers and use dogs as machines for breeding. we need to educate people about the problem, start by telling your friends and family and everbody you meet about these puppy farmers and that alot of their product (animals) go to pet shops, pet shops are often (not all pet shops) the biggest buyers from these farmers, it must be stopped so dont buy puppies from pet shops, no demand=no supply. and those puppies are subject to the most awful treatment it should not be eocourage by buying from these stores.
Old January 5th, 2004, 02:12 PM

melanie, that is an excellent idea.

Hopefully people will listen, that is a perfect start.

Good thinking!!!!!!!!!!!
Old January 5th, 2004, 03:06 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Yes Melanie great idea!

I've been trying to educate folks on puppy mills and pet store purchases. BUT low and behold they walk through the mall and into the pet store!

They see a cutie pie doggie or kitten and they buy from them!

One day there's always hope
Old January 5th, 2004, 03:57 PM
Senior Contributor

That's where you have to be like me Luba and go right in the pet store.They look at the cute puppies and I ask if they know where they come from.Then I tell them.I also tell them to do a search on puppy mills.But you already know that about me.I've mentioned it in other posts ....I for one would love to see a ban on puppies/kittens sold at pet stores.We can educate till we are blue in the face.That won't stop people from buying there.
Old January 5th, 2004, 04:19 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
We can educate till we are blue in the face.That won't stop people from buying there
That's right. The only way to get pet stores to change their ways is to hit them in the only place they care about - their profits.

Send a letter to any petshops you know of that sell puppies and kittens, and inform them that neither you nor anyone you know will patronize their business until they stop this despicable practice.

Try and get your family and friends to write too - or send one mail with many names on it.

And never buy any pet supplies from such places.
Old January 5th, 2004, 04:20 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

HAHAH Mona lol I DO!! hahaha

However I try to stay away from those pet stores

Wouldn't u just like to have a little speaker set up somewhere remote location you have a microphone and you can speak right into their ears.

THIS IS YOUR INNER SELF SPEAKING! WALK AWAY FROM THE STORE! PUT DOWN THE PUPPY AND COME OUT WITH YOUR HANDS EMPTY!
Old January 5th, 2004, 05:18 PM
Senior Contributor

QUOTE - We can educate till we are blue in the face.That won't stop people from buying there. [/B][/QUOTE]

well i wouldnt say that, many people that do not have access to these sort of discussion areas or dog groups are often unaware of what goes on, some pups in stores look healthy and happy so it is easy for the average person to assume things are good, and the pup is fine. I myself didnt know what a puppy farm was until a year ago, and i am very well educated, not everybody knows the details of this sort of stuff, my own sister didnt know what a puppy farm was until i informed (educated) her, and she was really shocked, she couldnt understand why society and the government would allow this sort of thing, and she is a well educated girl, she just didnt have the right information, and maybe it is not education, just supplying people with the right information. but i dont think this is a widly advertised issue so not many people have the right info to make informed decisions or even know. we cannot change anything without informing the general public of what goes on, not everybody is up on animal right issues so it is only fair to try to bring them up to speed through education and information and therefore enable them to make informed decisions
Old January 5th, 2004, 07:13 PM
Senior Contributor

Geez Luba,hubby and daughter are going to commit me soon.You crack me up everytime.And they just look at me and shake their head.

melanie,I think you misunderstood a bit.I know people that I have educated about the puppy mill and pet stores and byb.This is from people wanting to get a puppy.I talk them out of it.Tell them to adopt.Or give them info on Reliable reputable breeders that I know.But guess what,they still go to the pet store and to the byb's.Then they have come to me and say the puppy is sick.Sorry,I should have said what I meant by that response.
Old January 5th, 2004, 07:31 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Who me?

I'll visit you when you get Form 1'd don't worry dear!
Attached Images

Old January 5th, 2004, 11:37 PM
Senior Contributor

Well just you make sure that you bring me lots of candy.LMAO.
Old January 6th, 2004, 07:29 PM
Senior Contributor

This is a little off the topic, but have you ever noticed the condition of the petstore fish? I own fish myself, and I really like them, but when I see the conditions of petstore fish it makes me so mad. Probably 80% of the fish bought from petstores die. There are so many unhealthy fish out there. I have a Chichlid, and I want to get a buddy for him, and was looking at the fish at a petstore. I couldn't believe the what the sign said:

"Sale on African Chichlids only $4.99. No guarantee"

No wonder there was no garantee on these poor fishies. The poor things were almost dead, and floating vertical with head up. At the local petstore where I live, almost all tanks have at least one dead fish in them. The feeder fish most days have at least five dead fish stuck to the pump, or floating around at the top of the cage, or on the bottom. All of these fish have been eaten off of by the other fish. And how do you find a responsible breeder for fish? You can find a breeder for anything else, but the little pets get sold at petstores. Mice, hampsters, fish, rats, birds. They all get sold at petstores, and if you see one in a newspaper, you can almost garantee that it came from a petstore, and the pet had babies. Sorry for my ranting

Oh and I also totaly agree about your conversation about petstore puppies and kittens.
Old January 6th, 2004, 08:04 PM
Senior Contributor

Spoiled you are so right, i am always noticing fish and esp bird at the pet shop in the most disgusting conditions, I think alot of the problem is how society view animals, a good part of society just dont see animals as anything but an accessory, one that is often kept while it is cute then dumped later on, if we all saw every animal (from fish to cow) as a valuable member of our society with a valid contribution things would be alot different. but i always make sure to lecture and harass shop owners about conditions of animals such as native birds in small cages with 1 wing span width. Hey thay say they have a right to sell, i have just as much right to give them a hard time for dodgy practice, and dont be shy, if we dont stand up for animal rights who will??
now get out there and give it to them, stand up for those who cannot express them selves
Old January 6th, 2004, 08:42 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

OMG spoiled thats horrible.

Right why should they care if a few fish die right

JERKOFFS
Old January 6th, 2004, 09:02 PM
Chocolate

OMG yes!

My dad's had fish practically from the day he was born!

every time we enter the fish dept.... daaamn, there's fish swimming upside-down, floating a top of the water DEAD, and worse DECAYING.

like, REALLY, u'r gonna buy fish from such a place? I HOPE NOT!