Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Pets that have passed away - Rainbow bridge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 27th, 2006, 09:59 PM

Unhappy kitty died tonight

About 8:30(pm) I was on my way out for a coke-we were out-and a man was parked across the street and was walking over. I wasn't scared b/c he had a little girl in his hands (she was about 2). She was upset. He asked if we owned an orange tabby cat, I said yes, and he began to apologize. He took me to her and she was bleeding-out both ends(BAD) and was lying in her own...well. She was choking on her blood, and was struggling to breathe. Soon she was dead. They (DH and a family friend) buried her behind the building (outside the fence-dogs). My son doesn't know (he was asleep) and I prob. wont tell him. The story is 'She prob. wondered off'.

This is the second death since me and Rocky (DH) have had animals. I don't count Cosmo (JTR we had to rehome)-he wasn't w/ us, so we were very sad (also didn't tell Seth!) but we didn't 'experience' it. Also I don't think catapillars or walmart goldfish count...(OMG! Come to think of we are mass murders! Jeeze I didn't realize so many pets have came and went!) I hate to compare deaths, but Joe (our 1st boxer) was by far the worse! I'm just glad Seth was asleep. At least this time we can 'shield' him. He STILL takes flowers to that puppys grave! Anyway I'm upset and wanted to let you guys in on the info. Thanks for 'listening'.
~Kass~

BTW-we vowed not to own any more cats, not to discriminate, but we couldn't handle her inside... she would get on the counters, she shed TERRIBLY, she liked to use beside the litterbox, and she LOVED being outside she would dart out and wouldn't come when called. We didn't know how to keep a cat outdoors (apparently you CAN'T). We thought she'd be ok, she didn't seem to wander off and she was spayed...anyway ignorance played a large part and I don't want to go thru this again. And since we are cat-ignorant:sad: then cats are not right for us.

~R.I.P~
Joe (Boxer baby)
Catapillar Family (THE WHOLE FRIGGIN' FAMILY-10 total!)
Ricky Retardo (fish)
Spike (fish)
Tank (fish)
Goldie (fish)
Peter Parker (also a fish!)
Cosmo (our fiesty JTR that no one could tame!)
and the newest-Honey (the sweetest Honey Bun kitty)
Bailey~brindle f/Boxer
Bama~white m/Boxer
and Seth (Skin kid!)
All four SPOILED ROTTEN!