Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) a Pit Bull

Old November 23rd, 2004, 06:01 PM

Post **UPDATE ADOPTED!** I need a forever home, please open your hearts to me and adopt me

Hello, my name is Yukon, I'm a LOVING Pit Bull who wants someone to love me back. I'm approx. 6-8 months in age. I love children very much. I need time to get use to other dogs. I don't know how I am with cats.

Here's my story.

On Nov. 11th 2004 my mommy who rescued me (aka daisy real name Ann) saved me from being set loose or worse. The boy who had me (we'll call him jerk), wanted me but didn't take care of me. I never got my shots and I'm not neutered. I also lived w/2 dobe's who just had a pup and I got the top of my head scratched.

Well jerk's stepdad asked my loving mommy if she wanted me, if not he was just going to let me go or worse. So mommy said yes. I was happy to see such love and affection. I jumped in the van and went to her baby and started to lick his face, he was laughing.

I sat right next to her and her husband as she drove us home. When we got to her house I met her 3 dogs. At first I was scared, but then we all started to play. We all went to bed and I slept next to my mommy.

When morning came, I knew something was wrong. I knew this wasn't going to be my forever home right now. I spent the whole day w/mommy and her baby. I could tell she was upset and she was crying, but I didn't know what was wrong yet.

When it came to night time, mommy and her daughter and boys were crying, I didn't know why. She promised me that she will do all she can to help me find a loving home, and make sure that I'm taken care of. And she promised me that she and her children will visit me when I get my new home. And she promised me that if things don't work out when I get my new home that she will come and get me and take care of me again. We got to her dad's house and I started to cry as I saw my family that I so badly want to live with leave.

I got kisses from mommy and her daughter, but I also felt their tears and their hearts breaking as so was mine. I never seen or received such affection. I cried as they walked back to the van and drove away.

So if you would like to adopt me and give me the same love and affection that my mommy and her family gave me, please respond to this letter.

Ok, I'm going to let my mommy talk now. Thank You for listening to my story.

Hello everyone, sorry I wrote it like this, but I'm hoping to find a great loving home for Yukon. I don't want to adopt him out as I want to keep him, but I'm renting and not allowed to have anymore dogs. If I bought another dog into this house my landlord will kick us out.

Yukon means alot to me and my family, I grew very attached to him as so did my children. If I could I'd let my dad keep him until I bought a house, but I don't know how soon that will be.

I'm crying as I'm writing this, it isn't going to be easy for me to let Yukon go. My daughter is very hurt by this too, but I need to do what's best for Yukon. I am going to be very strict on who adopts Yukon, as I know the rep that pitties have. I have a pittie, pittie mix, and gsd. and I won't let just anybody take Yukon.

Here's some pics of my baby Yukon
How can you say no to this face

Yukon sniffing the balloon that my son was holding.

Yukon taking a break from playing w/my dogs and my son

Yukon ready for bed after all his playing.

I have alot more pics of him, I have to download them onto my host and I will post them for you all.

www.dogsdeservebetter.com
www.rescueboard.com
www.pitbullpets.com
Old November 23rd, 2004, 06:08 PM
Senior Contributor

How gorgeous is he I hope you find a good home for him. I will ask around and let you know if I hear of any good homes for him. Do you know how long he would be fostered for if you were going to buy a house? Or roughly because I might have a know a foster that would do long term
Now owned by Clark the Crazy American Bulldog
Old November 23rd, 2004, 06:17 PM
Senior Contributor

Daisy,

I wish I lived just a bit closer. I absolutly adore pitties. They are the cutest things. Our neighbors, that used to live next to us, had a pitt mix. And I was so sad to see them move. It is a good thing you did taking Yukon in for a short time, and that you are going to be strict on who you adopt him out to. I love the fact that you want to be able to visit Yukon.

Good luck in finding him the best of home. He is such a sweety.
Old November 23rd, 2004, 06:26 PM

mastifflover, i'm not sure how long it will be until we're able to buy a house. My dad is willing to keep him until I can find a home for him, or until we're able to buy a house.

I would want to be able to visit him.

lilith_rizel, thanks for the kind words, I love him and grew very attached to him the short time I had him. I never felt like this w/the other dogs I rescued. maybe it's a sign.

I just can't keep him right now. :sad:

Thanks for the kind words!!

If I can find him the home he deserves, I will help w/transporting.

www.rescueboard.com
www.pitbullpets.com
Old November 23rd, 2004, 06:33 PM
Senior Contributor

Yeah sometimes you get a rescue that you have a real bond with those are the ones you never want to let go and I don't blame you. I am sorry I just realized how far apart we are so my idea for a foster would not work.
Now owned by Clark the Crazy American Bulldog
Old November 23rd, 2004, 06:43 PM

that's okay, thanks anyway.

www.rescueboard.com
www.pitbullpets.com
Old November 23rd, 2004, 07:41 PM
Senior Contributor

Okay, I am SO not happy with you posting those pictures! That's how we wound up with Daisy.

Unfortunatly, we live in Ontario, so we can't help. Personally, if you're comfortable leaving him with your dad, that's what I would do for now. But you know your (and his) situation better than I do. Give him a head rub for me! It'll work out.
Old November 23rd, 2004, 08:45 PM

He is a gorgeous pittie, I had to post his picture.

The only bad thing about him being at my dad's right now is that he is outside. He's not an outside dog he's an inside dog. The reason why he is outside right now is b/c my parent's are splitting up and the inside of their small house is croweded (and they let the cat run loose in there).

However, my dad has him sheltered really well until I can figure something out that's more permanent. I appreciate my dad helping me all he has, and it was a last minute thing for him to take Yukon.

So I'm hoping that I will be able to find a foster home for him right now that can have him inside the house. Hopefully we'll buy a house before someone will adopt him and we can take him back. I do feel selfish saying that, but I am going to do what's best for Yukon.

He took my heart and will always be a part of my family, and he is in my heart at all times. If I don't have a house before he's adopted, it will be very very hard for me to let him go. There's just something about him. A friend of mine said he's my special dog. and he is.

but again, i won't be selfish and do what i want, i will do what's best for yukon.

i will be posting more pics of him later or tomorrow.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

and I will give Yukon a pat on the head for you. I love that he's at my dad's right now b/c i can go and visit him whenver I want.

www.rescueboard.com
www.pitbullpets.com
Old November 26th, 2004, 07:03 PM

**update** For Yukon

I just got off the phone w/my parents. There's this woman that my mom works with that is involved in a foundation/rescue for pit bulls. she said she'd take Yukon.

I told my parents I want to meet them first, and speak to them and find out about their organization before I let anyone take Yukon.

So they are suppose to call my dad tonight and then they're suppose to call me. Maybe I'll even be able to help them and volunteer for them.

I still want to be involved in Yukon's life even after he's adopted. I'm gonig to have such a hard time letting him go, but it's best for him.

I will keep you all updated and let you know what is going on for sure.

BTW, does anyone know what happened to Luba??

www.rescueboard.com
www.pitbullpets.com
Old November 27th, 2004, 04:03 PM
Senior Contributor

does your dad have a garage or shed?? i know he is inside dog but hanging out at the mo, so jsut for a temporary thing why not let him spend days outside, and sleep in the shed, that way he is inside at night.

as long as he gets lots of play, excersis, attention and lovin, he wont hold the temporary accomodation against you and it will only be for a while, it wont kill him. he is still getting all the lovin but you know he is safe and not being dumped on the street or aynthing and you know he will come back to you when he can. i know it seems hard, but dogs, children, husbands and most ppl have to be flexible at times and fit in, it will be good for him, a new experience and he is loved at you dads so that is not a prob, it sounds like your dad likes him alot, so why not try it for a while. when you say you dont know when you are buying do you mean you dont have the money but plan to one day, or do you mean that could be in the near future say within a year??

if so could he not jsut chill at your dads till then, your dads is of course not the ideal situation for you, but it is a good one, he is loved and safe and essentially that is what counts. what do you think??

my girl has had to be very flexible in her time, and i found it has made her more well rounded, what do you think?? (yes at one stage in her life she had to be sorotof outside dog for 2yrs (snuck in at night and mornings though but a shed would surfice if i had no other option.).

food for thought, good luck
Old November 28th, 2004, 05:39 PM
Senior Contributor

I was also thinking that if it is a pitbull rescue, maybe they'll hang on to him until you find a house. Here's hoping he doesn't get adopted!
Old November 28th, 2004, 07:30 PM
banned user

I sent you a PM Daisy.
Old November 30th, 2004, 09:18 AM

Hello Sneaky, I'm not ignoring you, I'm having problems w/my computer.

I did read your pm's. please email me at candaz@pennswoods.net.

I'm trying to answer your pm's, but I keep getting kicked off.

www.rescueboard.com
www.pitbullpets.com
Old November 30th, 2004, 04:43 PM
banned user

Oh, I didn't think you were ignoring... I just didn't know if you checked for PMs or not...
Email sent
Old December 1st, 2004, 07:53 PM

Yes, I check emails, i'm sending you more emails.

www.rescueboard.com
www.pitbullpets.com