Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 2nd, 2010, 12:12 PM
Senior Contributor

PB&J's Summer!

Hi guys!!! PB&J have had a very busy summer!!! I'm way behind on pics, so this will be a pic overload catch-up post! With working full time and working my collar business on the side, I don't have a lot of free time anymore, but we are all doing well!
Petey's autoimmune disease has had a few more mild flare-ups over the past few months, but fortunately, they are mild and go away again on their own. Currently he has a few bare patches on his back and so we put him on a low dose of prednisone and will wean him off in a few more weeks and hope that he will be able to stay off it and not have to be on it long term.
Belle had to have ACL surgery in July. I was torn over which surgery to do, but thanks to help from Dr. Lee chose the TPLO method and so far, it's been a big success. She is 60 days into her recovery so far and running around like almost normal! She does still favor her leg at times and the muscle is still in the process of being rebuilt, but so far, the vet says she is ahead of schedule in her recovery! At this point, I'm praying her leg keeps on healing and doesn't get re-injured or that her other knee doesn't get injured from the extra strain. Belle spent most of the summer staying with my parents so she could recover in quiet away from hyper active Jelly who wants to play, play, play and away from all the stairs in my house. So she spent the summer getting spoiled by Grandpa and Grandma, but is happy to be back home now!
Jelly turned two at the end of July! Can't believe she's two years old already! Where does the time go?! She flew with my Mom and I to Maine this summer for a Boston Terrier Convention (Belle is too big to fly) and was scared, but did so well overall! She is still a work in progress with her fear of people and public places but that was a huge step for her!
I've also started an old collar recycling program in conjunction with American Boston Terrier Rescue in that we collect people's old collars, cut the hardware off them (the hardware almost always still looks brand new!) and then I make new collars with the recycled hardware and donate them to ABTR. Last weekend, I had some other ladies over at my house and taught them how to make fabric strips for the collars and so we had a "Strip Party for Rescue," LOL, where we made a bunch of fabric strips and then sewed them into collars. We were able to make and send 30 new collars to ABTR! So I plan to keep this project going and have a "strip party" once every few months!

Anyway, enough jabbering, on to the pics!
Trip to Bar Harbor Maine with Jelly for a Boston Terrier Convention!
On the plane!

Can you find me and Jelly? (Hint, she is the only red Boston there, LOL!)

Some randoms. It was gorgeous there!

TBC!