Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old March 6th, 2011, 01:40 AM

Gizmo Update

It's been a while since I bragged properly about my boy, hasn't it? Rest assured, he's been keeping me on my toes! We've now switched over to wet food, which he is very vocal in his love for. Every morning, the moment I put my glasses on my face, he's pacing around me and informing me of how very, very hungry he is, and why am I not moving faster with breakfast? I can't tell you how many times my pre-coffee self has tripped on him.

He got pretty bored with all his toys, so we went shopping, with somewhat mixed results. The ball that lights up when touched has vanished beneath the couch, and he hasn't bothered to get it out. The bumblebee fishing pole with the purple feather accents is a huge success, but the best was the laser light. I figured he'd enjoy chasing it, but I did NOT count on him chasing it to the point of panting with his tongue out! I pay more attention to how long he's been at it now, but that first time we were both having too much fun.

He's also gotten really big. I'm not sure how much he weighs, since I don't have a scale (I'll find out in a little over a week when he goes for his surgery) but he's too big to sit on my shoulder the way he did when I brought him home. I was looking at some of those pics, and I can't believe how different he is! And he's only six months, so I'm thinking he's going to be a good sized tom.

and for your viewing pleasure, here's a few recent pics, taken just this week.

he loves to sleep in his kitty cube. for some reason, he prefers the one that's all beat up and bent, rather than the new one that still is actually cube shaped.

he also loves this box. I don't know if it's the box itself or the paper that was used to pad the delivery, but when I tried to put the box outside the door to take for recycling, he paced in front of the door and cried.

he is slowly defeathering his pole toy. each feather seems to be a victory of some kind for him!
Old March 6th, 2011, 09:57 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Oh man, that last pic - he looks so much like a little guy I had adopted out who passed very shortly afterward. He used to lie like that too after playing.

Looks like Gizmo is doing wonderfully well. Sounds like a completely normal kitty to me. He likes his old cube in favour of the new one because it's "his". The new one probably doesn't smell enough like him yet. And don't you know that kitty feeding comes before all else? Including coffee drinking!
Thanks for sharing pics of him. Made my morning.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old March 6th, 2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
And don't you know that kitty feeding comes before all else? Including coffee drinking!
I've come to this realization, yes. He's so funny about it, too. he paces around, and sometimes he lays down on his back and wriggles, complaining all the while at how terribly slow I'm being. And the dog just sits there, ever so patiently waiting for us to stop being so silly and give him his breakfast too, please.
Old March 6th, 2011, 02:37 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Gizmo is sure a handsome kitty! I love cats in boxes!!! They always look so happy there...

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old March 6th, 2011, 02:46 PM
-

Awww, such cute pics of your handsome boy.

LOL @ the ball under the couch .....you know he does expect mom to get it out for him each time? He thinks that's half the fun of him batting it under there.