Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Old February 7th, 2007, 03:47 AM

Thanks for your help

Hi My name is Pam and I to adore my pets.. My dogs are everything to me. I have a 4yr old female boxer named Jake.. and a Mix of all kinds female named Katy.. I pray some one can help me with my question.. As I was petting my Boxer today I found a lump a little bit smaller than a golf ball appox in the middle of her stomic.. It does not seem to bother her at all, but it is scaring me .. Does anyone one know what this could be. I am a single Mom and vet bills is something I would love to do with out.. but i would mortgage my house if need be.. Thanks again for your help and I look forward to your responses
Old February 7th, 2007, 06:04 AM
Senior Contributor

It could be a fatty tumour (harmless) , it could be an agressive mast cell cancer very very serious if not caught early enough), not even a vet cannot diagnose just by looking phyically or reading this, you need to get to the vet right away and have it tested. Being on the abdomen it is a good location even if mast cell, because the vet can remove larger margins of tissue than say for example lower legs so chance of removing all is far greater with the dog can live out its life normally, but the key is how early it is caught . I was a single mom( grown up now) with mortgage and car payments and dogs so I know how tough it is. Please go to the vet and update us
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." - Unknown
Old February 7th, 2007, 06:43 PM
-

Welcome to the forum and we'd love to see pics of Jake and Katy.

I agree....any lump needs to be checked out by a vet. Better to be safe than sorry.
Old February 8th, 2007, 02:21 AM
Live well, laugh often

Welcome, we'd love to see some pics. I agree with the others to have any lumps checked out by the vet. Good Luck .