Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old March 27th, 2010, 01:22 AM

TRAGIC story, last hope for lost cats

PLEASE HELP. My two young cats have been missing since September 2009 from London Ontario. They were brother and sister, a male tuxedo and a female calico. They were outdoor cats with collars and their names and numbers on ID tags. They went missing within a week of eachother. We put up posters, went to all local shelters and have been checking the internet ever since. Prior to the cats gone missing our ***hole of a neighbour at the time threatened our family dog. We let the police know in case something happened. When the two cats went missing we let the police know again and of course they didn't believe he could have done anything. We HOPE that he didn't hurt our two cats and they got lost or someone took them into a good home. PLEASE let me know if you know anything about this.
THANK YOU SO MUCH
(will put pictures soon)
Old March 27th, 2010, 07:47 AM
Senior Contributor

I wish I could help you,there are so many threats to"outdoor"cats,between a nasty neighbor,traffic,wildlife etc..
It certainly is strange they are both gone,but without any kind of proof,nothing much the police can do.
There is always hope,hope that one day you'll see them again,but it's been a long time.
Old March 27th, 2010, 07:48 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

It's been such a long time we wouldn't be able to give you the advice we normally would. That would have been put up posters; which you did, go to the HS; which you did, ask to see the feral rooms as some cats "act feral" when they are caught; (I would think that would be doubly so in the case of outdoor cats) go around early in the morning and late at night with a bag of their favourite treats and a flashlight hoping to catch their eyes shining in the light; set a humane live trap up with tuna or some other smelly food that they liked in the hope they would be drawn out of their hiding spot; put out their litter box and their beds with an item of clothing that smelled like their favourite person in the house;(but if they were outdoor they probably didn't have a litter box?) go to whoever picks up dead animals off the side of the road and ask if they retrieved your cats, and basically never give up hope.

In your case with a neighbour you don't get along with I would be concerned as well. I sincerely hope he did not harm your cats but it doesn't sound like you have proof of anything amiss. It is I suppose a small possibility that a rescue in your area may consider two roaming cats as being stray and may have picked them up. We can only hope.

What area do you live in? If you are out in the country or even the outskirts of a town or city it is a possibility that a coyote may have caught them. Or even roaming dogs. I am so sorry. Unfortunately those are some of the possibilities when cats are outside.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old March 27th, 2010, 11:30 AM

I hate to say it but London by-laws prohibit letting cats run loose. Even with a collar they may have been taken in as strays, and not necessaraily by the city.
Sunshine~ Golden retriever X white german sheperd (Dad's dog)~October 24, 2008-