Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > In the News - Pet related articles and stories in the press > Newspaper Articles of Interest (animal/pet related) from Around the World

Old August 18th, 2005, 04:14 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

Paris Hilton

I just read that Paris hilton, is giving up her dog "Tinkerbelle", for a new dog "Bambi". the report said that Tinkerbell is to big, and she likes small dogs and Bambi is smaller!!!! (Tinkerbell is a Chihuahau for god sake, how much smaller can you get!? )

What an idiot!!! she is in the public eye, doesn't she know that if she disposes of her dog like trash, other people (who look up to her) will think this is Okay!!!! Makes me sick. poor Tinkerbell :sad:

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

~~Chief Seattle (Duwamish tribe)~~
Old August 18th, 2005, 04:21 PM
Senior Contributor

Well,she's a walking,talking spoiled Barbiedoll..I doubt she has any feeling for these poor little dogs,they are more of a Trademark for her.
I hope she gave Tinkerbell to someone who deserves her.
Old August 18th, 2005, 04:25 PM
Flyball Mom

Poor baby! :sad:

www.dogster.com/dogs/563959

If you learn one new thing from each person you meet, you will be a fountain of knowledge and your life complete. --Me
Old August 18th, 2005, 04:27 PM
-

I heard that she has all kinds of animals that she doesn't spend any time with, they are cared for by a nanny.
Old August 18th, 2005, 08:21 PM
Senior Contributor

Gawd, that is so senseless but then Paris does not strike me as too intellectually gifted - tho she prob does have more $$$ than me, lol Could she not at least keep Tinkernbelle so she does not send the wrong message. Anyone know if she has a web site where one can mail her that advice (like she'd even listen but hey, even bimbo wannabe actresses have to read the public pulse).
Old August 18th, 2005, 08:29 PM
Personal servant to Joey

I thought maybe that Paris had a soft spot in her heart and actually loved her little doggie. I guess I was mistaken.
Old August 18th, 2005, 10:06 PM

Get a rat!! It's smaller and has a shorter lifespan (more chance of it fitting into her attention span..)
Old August 18th, 2005, 10:14 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey.E.CockersMommy
I thought maybe that Paris had a soft spot in her heart and actually loved her little doggie. I guess I was mistaken.
We're talking about someone who lets her dog c**p in buses and houses and laughs about it.. not exactly responsible.
Siiiiiigh some people (Paris that is)
Old August 18th, 2005, 10:32 PM
Personal servant to Joey

Yes you are right. Did anyone see the simple life, where they were staying with family that recently lost there dog (passed away). A chi or something small like that. Paris and Nicole went to the breeder and said they were looking for a small dog to replace the one that was gone.The lady told them they had great danes. Then ended up taking two of them...turns out they never paid for them and the breeder came and took them back. Don't know why she gave them to Paris and Nicole in the first place.
Old August 19th, 2005, 07:51 AM

[QUOTE=chico2]Well,she's a walking,talking spoiled Barbiedoll..QUOTE]

Barbie should be offended by this statement!! Paris Hilton is no barbie, she's a complete space case with little more than her daddy's bucks to carry her through life. She wishes she was more like barbie, who at least has a real job (many in fact heheheh!).

Seriously though, Paris is so out if you ask me. I can't for the life of me understand why people like her, though I've come to realize that far too many pre-teen and teenaged girls idolize her.
Old August 19th, 2005, 07:52 AM

What bother's me the most is she (and her sister) have a huge following in Japan, and all her followers have chi's because of her. Now i hope they at least have half a brain and dont get a new chi puppy.
She claims to have given tinkerbelle to her mom.
Does anyone remember when tinkerbelle was lost? I am not really saying she should have offered a bigger reward, but for someone who is so filthy rich, i think tinkerbelle should have had more than a $5,000 reward (considering i will never have even 1% of her net worth in my life, and i would offer at least $1,000 reward if either one of my dogs went missing).

Edited to say i agree with Lizzie re barbie. Barbie does show compassion towards animals, she is also a vet!
Old August 19th, 2005, 09:37 AM
Senior Contributor

It really is so sad. It reminds me a lot of when 101 dalmations first came out and EVERYONE wanted a dalmation, and then 6 months later, every shelter was full of them, because people started to realize that dal's are hard work.. not just cute puppies that can save the day
:sad:
Old August 19th, 2005, 09:41 AM
Senior Contributor

The only reason that girl had that dog,was for an accessory on her,i do not believe it was for any other reason...
Old August 19th, 2005, 09:50 AM
And Zoodle's Mom!

There was a story on our local news station a few months back about some people who breed chi's(don't know if they were reputable or not). So anyway, they were in high demand ONLY because everyone wanted a dog like Paris Hilton!! So down the road, all the shelters will be full of chihauha's because fads don't last forever!
Same goes for the Pit Bull epidemic. Everyone wants one because it is the "cool" thing to have!
Old August 19th, 2005, 10:01 AM
-

I see this with many that are seen in the media, promoting pocket dogs. What upsets me is the behaviour problems that I see with a dog that is carried everywhere. Certain breeds explode in popularity because they are on T.V or are in the movies. People really believe their dogs are going to behave just like them and then find out they are not. Do you know how many people think that dogs train themselves to be well behaved.
Old August 23rd, 2005, 03:00 PM
Hazel's Personal Servant

I read an article that said she paid $10,000 for Tinkerbell - and another $10,000 for Bambi. The article did say that Tinkerbell lives with Paris' mom now. I think you're all right - they are nothing more than living jewelry to this airhead.
Old August 23rd, 2005, 03:11 PM
-

This breeder must think, what an idiot I sure scammed her. Everyone else pays 1000.00. lol
Old August 23rd, 2005, 07:04 PM

That breeder has no respect for chis. No respect for dogs. To give her one, fine, but a second? That just encourages BYB's and Millers to put out more chis so people can follow the example of a dog dumper.