Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old April 18th, 2002, 07:13 AM

Unhappy Please help me!!

Hi,

Im Robbie Battam,

My dog of 14 years of age... is yelping and whimpering... the vet couldn't find anything wrong with her... but i know there is... she can't sleep like normal, she doesn't want to run around like normal... if you touch her feet she screams in pain... rear and front... and any leg muscles...but the rest of her body is fine. I notcied for about 6 months before this, every time she came back from exercise she would breathe through her nose with a pumping noise... like pushing massive amounts of air though her nostrils... to breathe like a plunger... its weird... and then last night she was doing the same.. but in pain... If you have any knowledge or any slight guesses as to what it may be or what i can try to do... that might help.. even if its only 1 in a million chance its worth it... i didnt relaise how much i love my dog till now.....
Old April 20th, 2002, 09:49 AM

Hi,

So sorry to hear about your dog not feeling well.

Your dog is 14....that's close to 98 in human years...
...as sad as it is, all life must pass on at some point and you should mentally prepare for it.

that said...if you love your dog that much...get a second opinion from another vet.
Certainly you would want to do blood and toxin testing. Could the heavy breathing be an allergic reaction, or the result of aging heart and lungs?

Glucosamine is a drug that can help with arthritis...you may want to look into that...ask the vet, petstore etc.

But if your next veterinary opinion is the same at the first....and your dog keeps suffering daily...I'm sorry to suggest this, but the most humane thing may be to put the dog to sleep.

I wish you courage and strength.

Creesheh