Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Breed characteristics and traits

Old March 12th, 2007, 02:16 PM
Learning fast

Min Pin Breeder

One of my collegues at work has finally come to terms she needs another dog (she hasn't put her boys toys away ) She has been looking and she thinks soon she will be ready for another dog, she has her heart set on another dog and has decided on a Min Pin.
She looked on petfinder but decided to persue to route of finding a reputable breeder (way harder than finding a bad one), and she has asked for help.
So if anyone has any recomendations (they are in Brampton but are not afraid to travel far and wide) or could PM me if there are any known breeders to avoid, that would be great.
Old March 12th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Doggie Wench

If she changes her mind about getting one from a breeder, and can't find one at a shelter near her, I know of 2 that are currently up for fostering with a very good chance of being put up for adoption at the shelter I volunteer at. It's only about a seven hour drive...
Old March 13th, 2007, 02:50 AM

Hmm... To be on the safe side, stay out of Quebec. (Seriously, I have one bad one, so if they think of coming to Quebec, let me know.)

But you've read that checklist right? Because the major baddies really don't fit the list. Like if they have a ton of dogs, alarms should go off. Or if they meet you somewhere... Or if they have puppies available before you call... You know, the basics.

Good luck!
Old March 13th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Learning fast

I gave her a copy of the sticky and she will not be frightened of asking questions. This is an angel who for 6 months gave her dog daily Subcuteanous Fluid, cooked all his meals and did what ever was required to keep him comfortable and happy. She fought for her dog then and she will do the same again, starting with research. I have had a few PM's and I will forward her all the information on the weekend. She wants to make sure she's ready so once she has done the leg work she will be committed. Thanks for the replys.
Old March 27th, 2007, 05:11 PM

I know a few excellent breeders in BC so I will ask for an Ontario reference for you as that might get you started, also call the CKC as they will have a list of breeders in the area.

There are two large MinPin rescues as well that often have pups.

www.minpinrescue.org and http://www.miniaturepinscherrescue.org/

I have two rescues and they are wonderful.