Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Closed Thread

Old January 11th, 2005, 06:25 PM
Senior Contributor

Chico, What is the $1 ad? I am very sorry about your dog bt but why on earth would anyone make up a story? That makes no sense at all, I'm sorry! Now, I cannot claim to having read all the posts (I am still in osme shock seing her charge $250 for puppies from a dog she claims to have rescued). Whatever she says now would not convince me. Speaking for myself, we put our heart and soul into what we say and I can't believe Winnie-Boo-Laura whoever she is lied about this. Either she needs psychological help or she is spinning us a story and she really is a back yard breeder. (Undoutdely she IS a back yard breeder anyway and covering anything up always makes it worse).

Meanwhile, the poor vulnerable and probably injured dog who you say is yours is lost and valuable time has been missed that could have been used (time she was on here arguing about why it was funny to be called a back yard breeder) helping to find him has been missed.

In my opinion, no one who loves animals would do that to any being! (And I frankly do not care if anyone jumps on me for saying that - I find it extremely chilling, cold and calculating - that she could do this. I like to look for the best in people and was giving her the benefit of the doubt. Now I am just deeply saddened to have been used - used becuse I thought she genuinely helped the dog. Anytime someone lies to you, they break faith with you. I sit on our hospital ethics committee so I have evaluated some very complex situations. I know people can do strange things online but to take advantage of people on an animal web site who love and want to help animals and their humans is just beyond belief!

Good luck in finding your dog - of it your dog. I do not know what to believe any more. For all i know, you could be Winnie seeking more attention and sympathy. I DO believe something bad happened to the dog though and that's where I hope someone will find him.
Old January 11th, 2005, 06:26 PM

too far away....

to help, would be there if I could. My prayers are with Dez....
Old January 11th, 2005, 08:33 PM
And Zoodle's Mom!

bteves,

Maybe you could put posters up in every vet clinic surrounding the area with a picture of Dez as "Lost or Stolen". You must not rule out the possibility that he could have been taken in by someone(good or bad person) and HOPEFULLY that someone would get him medical attention.

I'm so sorry for your situation. I couldn't imagine being in your shoes at this time.
Old January 11th, 2005, 09:08 PM
Senior Contributor

I wish I were in ON, I would certainly help you try and find this poor dog.

IF you find him, I just have to beg you - PLEASE PLEASE do not offer him for 1$ Is 8 years of love and loyalty not worth more than that?

Do you know what happens to pit bulls being given away for free?

I am not trying to beat up on you, but my concern is for this dog and if he's still alive, I would hate to see him end his days being torn to pieces in a pit. :sad:
Old January 11th, 2005, 09:33 PM

im the owner

I pray that is not the case. I was trying to find him a good home to stay the rest of his life with and thats it. In a way I hope he has passed so that he is not subject to all these terrible and cruel possibilities. To me if he is not suffering anymore than that is the best thing. I just hope that.
Old January 13th, 2005, 10:15 AM
Senior Contributor

Any news on poor Dez??? I suppose we'll never know :sad:
Old January 13th, 2005, 10:17 AM

im the owner

nothing...still coordinating the searach party for saturday morning though. We're up to 14 people.
Old January 13th, 2005, 10:26 AM

I wish you all the best and wish I could help
Old January 13th, 2005, 10:32 AM
Senior Contributor

I am probably going to get jumped on here but from your ad offering your dog for a $1.00 because after 8 years of being your loyal pet you decide to just give him up to move in with your girlfriend. I heard all of this prior to Dez running out the front door at Whinnies. Do you not realize how hard this was going to be on your dog. Whinnie felt so bad for him because when he was at her house he literally sat at her front door for almost an entire evening scratching at the door and whining for you. She tried to calm him and give him loving and all he wanted was you. When her BF came in Dez bolted out the door before they could do anything and started running for home. She called you I know all this, she told you how hard this was on him and she would keep him rather than have you dump him at the pound which you had mentioned. So I do feel very bad for Dez and I hope he is found and okay. But you are trying to sound like the caring owner and I don't buy it. I hope if you are still planning on giving him up maybe this will make you think twice about it. Do you think he would abandon you just like that, I don't think so he would die for his owner as any of our pets would do they love us unconditionally if only humans were so selfless. I have heard other things that I will not post unless I find proof of them but they dont make you look like a very good owner.
Now owned by Clark the Crazy American Bulldog
Old January 13th, 2005, 11:14 AM

im the owner

Mastiff...maybe you are right. This was my first dog and I loved him very much and took great care of him and brought a breed which most people think is extremely dangerous and turned him into a loving animal that everyone likes. He was my best friend and I was his. I dont care what you say; you dont know me or Dez. I had no choice but to give him up. I tried a lot of options. I probably should have taken him to the pound or to the vet to have him put down. But I thought that maybe I would try to find him a loving home. I didnt know this was going to happen, nobody did. I thought it would be great to give him another 4 years in a loving home with friends and companions. I realize now that it was a mistake, but it was not my intention and I was trying my best and always thinking of him. This is the most terrible thing that has ever happened to me and I will probably never know what happened to him. :sad: Dezmond
Old January 13th, 2005, 11:23 AM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

I am sorry for your loss bteves, and I do hope and pray that Dez is found safe and sound, because you are right about one thing, Dez does deserve a warm loving home. I hope that since this has happened you have a new found appreciation for Dez, and if he is found you will give him a chance to live out the rest of his years with you, the only Daddy he knows, and loves more then anything in this world.
I sit with Misty eyes typing this, because Dez deserves better, poor poor helpless Dez.
Old January 13th, 2005, 11:30 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bteves
Mastiff...maybe you are right. This was my first dog and I loved him very much and took great care of him and brought a breed which most people think is extremely dangerous and turned him into a loving animal that everyone likes. He was my best friend and I was his. I dont care what you say; you dont know me or Dez. I had no choice but to give him up. I tried a lot of options. I probably should have taken him to the pound or to the vet to have him put down. But I thought that maybe I would try to find him a loving home. I didnt know this was going to happen, nobody did. I thought it would be great to give him another 4 years in a loving home with friends and companions. I realize now that it was a mistake, but it was not my intention and I was trying my best and always thinking of him. This is the most terrible thing that has ever happened to me and I will probably never know what happened to him. :sad: Dezmond
You love this dog so much you considered putting him down or taking him to the pound. I hope you dont love anybody esle this much.
Now owned by Clark the Crazy American Bulldog
Old January 13th, 2005, 11:32 AM

im the owner

mastiff...ur a dick...if u have nothing positive to say then shut the hell up!! Ur starting to piss me off. You tell me what I was supposed to do oh wise one!!
Closed Thread