Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old January 20th, 2009, 11:26 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Talking Cole, the Sheriff of Hazel Run

Cole is the debonair Sheriff of Hazel Run. He's the biggest member of the Pack, but he's so gentle that even the littlest girls are comfortable playing with him. He was instrumental in teaching shy Macie that it was okay to play.

Always the defender of the underdog, if things get too rough he's right there to keep the peace.

As gentle as he is, Cole loves to play hard. "Being popular" is his favorite game--there is nothing more delightful to him than being chased across the yard by his adoring Pack. He rolls the girls and lets them roll him. Everyone has a grand time.

He makes the perfect Sheriff.

But law enforcement was not his first choice of career. As a young dog he dreamed of owning his own septic pumping business. It wasn't until he learned how many dog biscuits it would take to buy his own pumper truck that he considered taking a job as Sheriff. And, much as he loves law enforcement, he still can't help but drink in that funky scent and get dreamy-eyed when the Hazel Run septic system gets pumped.

But enough of that! Without further ado, here's the Sheriff's photo gallery!

Helping the Princess~Queen watch for intruders (or very sinister traffic ) from the deck:
Name:  Cole B 1-20-09.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  92.4 KB Name:  Cole C 1-20-09.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  69.1 KB

Patrolling for Mouse along the garden wall:
Name:  Cole by the garden 1-20-09.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  66.3 KB

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old January 20th, 2009, 11:32 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

On patrol on the deck...
Name:  Cole in the sun 1-20-09.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  65.7 KB

Name:  Cole on guard 1-20-09.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  66.7 KB

...and in the Big Yard at Hazel Run:
Name:  Handsome Sheriff 1-20-09.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  67.3 KB

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Last edited by hazelrunpack; January 20th, 2009 at 11:37 PM.
Old January 20th, 2009, 11:37 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Sniffing for intruders:
Name:  Sniffing the air 1-20-09.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  81.6 KB

Ready to swoop in on a loud game between Princess Lil Belle and Esquire Brier if things get out of paw
(and if the Esquire gets rolled in the process, so much the better ):
Name:  The Sheriff on duty 1-20-09.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  65.7 KB

Name:  You done yet, Mom 1-20-09.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  71.3 KB
"Okay, Mom--time for a nap...step away from the camera!"

Old January 20th, 2009, 11:43 PM
~Cat Servent~

Oo Oooooo.... MORE floppy ears!!!! I love the one of him standing up on the railing.... shows what great shape he's in... he's got dancer's legs!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old January 20th, 2009, 11:51 PM
Senior Contributor

Awwwwwwwwwww YAY!!!! Cole the Sheriff Such soulful eyes
Old January 21st, 2009, 12:29 AM
I'm a softy

WOW stunning! absolutly STUNNING!! Georgeous Dogs!!! I am so happy the sheriff loves his job, maybe he could be an apprentice septic pumper? you know, on the side? Pump the septic and maybe earn some cookies! LOL cute story I really enjoyed that!! ohhh but such a beautiful dog!! I wanna puppynap him!! must...stop.... myself.... heh..
Old January 21st, 2009, 12:37 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by krdahmer View Post
shows what great shape he's in... he's got dancer's legs!
The vets all love listening to the Pack's hearts--they're always such slow, strong beats because they get so much exercise. I have a great appreciation for a self-exercising Pack cuz if I had to walk them all, I'd need 36-hour days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondsmum View Post
Soulful eyes for my sensitive boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lUvMyLaB<3 View Post
I am so happy the sheriff loves his job, maybe he could be an apprentice septic pumper? you know, on the side? Pump the septic and maybe earn some cookies!
He does try to help whenever we get the tank pumped--if anything drips on the grass, he'll roll in it to clean it up! I think he believes it makes him smell sexy, when in actual fact, it just makes him smell.

The first time we got it pumped I had to use two quarts of peroxide on him to clean him up! We now keep the garden hose handy so the septic guy can clean up his equipment before he drags his hose across the grass.

Old January 21st, 2009, 12:40 AM
I'm a softy

hahaha thats so funny!!! My dog loves to roll in poop of any kind.. rolls and rolls in cow poop the squishier the better, and loves to eat horse poo.... make him smell sexy haha u made me laugh out loud for real!!, beautiful boy though REALLY I am sure all the girls think he is sexy, even without the smell.... although... I am sure my girl dog would find that smell quite attractive!!
Old January 21st, 2009, 01:20 AM

Love the 2nd Patrol on Deck pic & the Ready to swoop in on a loud game & the Sniffing for Intruders pics can sorta see his mohawk there Such a handsome boy

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old January 21st, 2009, 09:06 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Ahhhhh Sherrif Cole. He can come guard my perimeters any day. I am sure with 19 acres he would be very content. Not to mention all of the ummm scents that are around. We even have our own septic!!
I see the horns run in the "family".

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old January 21st, 2009, 09:13 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondsmum View Post
I agree. He looks so wise and calm.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old January 21st, 2009, 10:26 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by growler View Post
can sorta see his mohawk there Such a handsome boy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
I see the horns run in the "family".
The Sheriff has much better control of his horns than the Princess~Queen, though. Only rarely do they get ish... And he's been smoothing down the mohawk when in public because he's found that no one takes him seriously when he looks like a punk rocker. The girls love running their paws through it, though.

And as L4H points out--he looks wise and calm. With the mohawk up he looks crazy and frenetic! So the change in hairdo just adds a little polish to his public image.

He still lets the mohawk go wild inside, though!

Quote:
Ahhhhh Sherrif Cole. He can come guard my perimeters any day. I am sure with 19 acres he would be very content. Not to mention all of the ummm scents that are around. We even have our own septic!!
Ooooo...the septic is good...lots of kitties to guard...and 19 acres of Varmints to Vanquish!

I'm not tellin' him about your offer, 14+, cuz we need our Sheriff here...

Old January 21st, 2009, 10:34 AM
Senior Contributor

Awww,the Sheriff,he is sooo handsome and such a responsible gentleman,keeping an eye on things
They really all are very beautiful dogs,I can understand the addiction
Old January 21st, 2009, 10:45 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

, chico.

There will be more to look at...I still have 5 dogs to make threads for!

Old January 21st, 2009, 12:03 PM
Senior Contributor

OK, I am waiting,hubby is at the hospital getting his other eye operated on,so I can wait,,,but not long
Old January 21st, 2009, 12:31 PM
Senior Contributor

He sure is a handsome pooch. Such responsibility for one dog! I'm sure he's pooped at the end of the day, hopefully he gets lots of cookies and luvin' for a job well done!

Meowy Meowers - Angus n' Finn - 5 yrs old
Barky Barker - Skylar - 4 yrs old??
Old January 21st, 2009, 01:06 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
Ooooo...the septic is good...lots of kitties to guard...and 19 acres of Varmints to Vanquish!

I'm not tellin' him about your offer, 14+, cuz we need our Sheriff here...
Not fair!!! It's ok. I am afraid he would not be happy here. He would miss his housemates too much. I will forgo the pleasure of his company....... for now.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old January 21st, 2009, 01:11 PM
Senior Contributor

His job there is done, now nappies.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old January 21st, 2009, 01:36 PM
-

Awwww.......there's my good looking Sheriff.

He is such a handsome boy and I really quite like his wild rocker look.
Old January 21st, 2009, 03:52 PM
Jag and Gingers dad

The sheriff is very handsome.i really like the last pic with the caption.
Old January 21st, 2009, 04:38 PM
I gotz 2 babies now!

What a dream boat!! he's too cute, no wonder he's popular!!

You need to get him a sheriff's hat and badge, that would be a great pic!!

Pubert Wizzer Howell-Boyd III of the feline kind R.I.P my little guy!!

If you can't afford a vet, you can't afford a pet!

221/194/170(for next year)
Old January 21st, 2009, 05:41 PM
Master of the Drool!

Cole is just Stunning!!!!! :clou9: I just love his colouring and markings!!! He lookd like such a gentle soul!!!!
AHHHH They are a year old already!!!!
Old January 21st, 2009, 09:25 PM
You can call me DOG!

Hazelrun---your pack is way too precious and so photogenic! Very stunning pictures of the whole clan! Keep em coming!

Rest in Peace Bailey: 12/10/95-1/9/09 (Golden Retriever)
Rest in Peace Kitty: 7/1/2000 - 10/7/2013
Rest in Peace Gryphon (sounds like Griffin): 10/15/2004 - 11/18/2017 (English Springer Spaniel)
Bella: 3/09/2005 LHD Cat adopted by/from Child
Mollie: 6/2/2009 (English Setter)
Old January 21st, 2009, 09:49 PM
Senior Contributor

Sheriff Cole is so charming. He does look like a kind soul, even on patrol. I also had a good laugh out loud at the "makes him smell sexy" comment. I do believe they feel that way! Must go look for more threads now...
Old January 21st, 2009, 10:37 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

for all the great comments! The Sheriff is feeling very appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
OK, I am waiting,hubby is at the hospital getting his other eye operated on,so I can wait,,,but not long
He had the other one done so quick? Oy!

Well, I hope you didn't hold your breath...I have to wait for a sunny day to get more shots...the pics just turn out better I have some play shots from today that I may get posted tonight, but they're just general mayhem shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacer View Post
He sure is a handsome pooch. Such responsibility for one dog! I'm sure he's pooped at the end of the day, hopefully he gets lots of cookies and luvin' for a job well done!
He definitely gets a good bit of luvin'...even the Hazel Run Humans are crazy about him

Quote:
Not fair!!! It's ok. I am afraid he would not be happy here. He would miss his housemates too much. I will forgo the pleasure of his company....... for now.
I see that Sammy is doing a good job guarding you, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Girl View Post
You need to get him a sheriff's hat and badge, that would be a great pic!!
I've actually been looking for a badge...I don't think they make Sheriff's hats for dogs, though! But you're right--that would be a great pic!

Old January 21st, 2009, 10:41 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat&Murph View Post
Cole is just Stunning!!!!! :clou9: I just love his colouring and markings!!! He lookd like such a gentle soul!!!!
He really is our hero--he is so good at protecting his Pack from harm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Dancer View Post
Sheriff Cole is so charming. He does look like a kind soul, even on patrol. I also had a good laugh out loud at the "makes him smell sexy" comment. I do believe they feel that way! Must go look for more threads now...
That's the only thing I can figure when they roll in stinky stuff--they parade around showing off their sexy new smell and everyone gathers around appreciatively

No new 'individual' threads today, but there's one done for Cass and one for Ember so far.

Old January 23rd, 2009, 02:21 AM
Live well, laugh often

Sheriff Cole . I love how he always has that "just stepped out of bed" kinda look to him . If he were human I picture him as one of those sexy, bad boy types with a heart of gold (think Brad Pitt in Legends of the Fall kinda thing ).
Old January 23rd, 2009, 10:48 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

Well, I know he's got a heart of gold! And an iron paw, although he rarely has to use it. He keeps order in the Pack, makes sure the boundaries are safe, and accepts the adulation of his fan club with a great deal of grace.

Old February 3rd, 2009, 01:36 AM

A couple of videos showing how clever Sheriff Cole is :

Sheriff Cole opens his mail

Cole invented his own trick

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old February 3rd, 2009, 10:34 AM
Senior Contributor

Hazel, he's my favorite of your pack, I just love his big beautiful face and those eyes!

I showed Jersey his pic I think she's quite smitten

Tags
hazel run pack