Old September 5th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Senior Contributor

dog hit!!!

i was on my way to work this am, there was a shepeard mix more shepeard, who had been hit, exit22 going east on the 40, poor little one was dead rest in peace puppy! did not look that old! so anyone in the st lazare or hudson area or any one you know that might be missing, a dog i have let both vets know and the dog catcher know too brenda and the pins.
Old September 5th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Senior Contributor

How horribly sad. RIP puppy.
Old September 5th, 2008, 01:57 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

little one. You didn't deserve your fate.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old September 5th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Senior Contributor

the dog catcher knows, but the minster of transport will pick the pup up, brenda and the pins.
Old September 5th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Senior Contributor

So good of you to have his little body removed and not exposed like this. Bless you!
Old September 7th, 2008, 01:38 PM

Hi, new to the forum, so hello! I saw this ad on craigslist and I really hope the dog hit isn't this one.

http://montreal.en.craigslist.ca/pet/831079288.html

What happens when a dog is picked up who has tags? Does anyone know?
I imagine they often don't bother to check the tags.
Old September 7th, 2008, 08:06 PM
Senior Contributor

i sure hope not went i went to work it was like 10.30 am, the little one was passed away! but im pretty sure it was a male and much bigger i had transport canada pick him or her up, brenda and the pins more beige colour!
Old September 7th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Senior Contributor

yes they do check the tags!!!
Old September 7th, 2008, 08:10 PM
Senior Contributor

COuld you be a little more specific with the Description? Was He/she a Sable? Or a saddle back or blanket back (If you got a chance to notice..lol.) did the ears seem to be fully erect (I know it must be hard to give out this much decription on a dead dog that was on the side of the road) Approx weight/size .. Maybe a few More Distinctive feautures that you may have noticed. Sorry, I dont mean to Throw all of these at you so quickly, just thought it may help to potential owners in identifying the pooor doggy
Jasper - White cat

R.I.P Casey #1.
Gone but never ever forgotten.
Old September 7th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Senior Contributor

im in rescue!!!! and did what i can!!!!! the little one is far away from you!!!!, i took the steps that was needed!! it was hard enough to see this and i did what i could please--- do not let me re live this, brenda and the pins puppy
Old September 15th, 2008, 03:16 PM

Hello

I am hoping that this is not my son's dog -- she went missing on the evening of September 4. They were just passing through Montreal on the way to Halifax. My son is only 18 years-old and she has been his constant companion for the past 7 months... he has had her since she was 5 weeks old.

Is there any way to finding out if the dog that was hit had tags -- or if it was checked for tattoos. Bumjug has an ear tattoo UG218.

I pray that this is not her -- but really need to know if it is. I don't know how I will break it to him if it is. He has stayed on in Montreal but doesn't know how long he can stay. He really doesn't know anyone there, and is relying on the kindness of near strangers for places to stay. Any and all help would be most welcome.

Last edited by bailey2; September 15th, 2008 at 04:28 PM. Reason: correction of date
Old September 15th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Senior Contributor

you could call the police in that area st lazare or hudson, or call the minaster of transport, when i sent some one out from our rescue the dog was not there any more, this dog was a very light brown, you can also call around to the vets, or the rescues in the area or spca to see if the dog was found and was picked up and put into rescue !i wish you the best of luck, put up posters too maby some kind person picked this dog up!!! brenda and the pins.
Old September 15th, 2008, 06:26 PM

Hi, the challenge for us is that I am in Winnipeg and my son is there but really doesn't know the city well or too many poeple. Posters have been put up, but it seems every day there is a new place to try and contact. We have been in contact with SPCA and Berger Blanc daily when we can and in person when he can get there. While we try and determine if the dog in the post is his, I will continue to reach out via the web. Bumjug's info is posted on the Berger Blanc site and also on animalrescuenetwork.com

Thank you all, will repost once I determine if this poor thing was our beautiful little gal.

Last edited by bailey2; September 15th, 2008 at 06:29 PM.
Old September 15th, 2008, 06:49 PM
ZiggyZuzuZoeyRaggzy&Keena

Below is the animal control for that end of town. You could try calling there or if your son is still in town he should go in person.

Controle Animal Vaudreuil/Soulanges
1269 Harwood
Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC
450-510-1508

Good luck and keep us posted.

Brenda, thanks for taking care of that poor pooch on the side of the road...such a busy highway
Old September 15th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Senior Contributor

bailey 2 please send me a recent pic of the pup that was missing , im sure the pic on face book was a darker shepeard the one that was hit was more fawn at first thought it was a deer brenda.
Old September 15th, 2008, 08:36 PM

Hi please let me know where I can email you recent pics. We have a few taken over the last couple of months.

Just got off the phone with the org noted by diandpat, no luck. Thank you so much everyone. It is so wonderful and reassuring to find so many helpful and caring people. Really appreciate all your assistance.

Last edited by bailey2; September 15th, 2008 at 08:52 PM.
Old September 15th, 2008, 10:44 PM
Senior Contributor

ill do what i can to help, brenda and the pins im hoping this is ok?? if not check my profile ok its b_bkelly@hotmail.com
Old September 15th, 2008, 11:11 PM

Hi bailey2

I'm sorry. I had seen the two ads on the same day and posted on a long shot, but now with more details I see that it's probably unlikely, and she would have had to travel a distance to end up there, so don't despair just yet. I felt very badly when I read your ad on craigslist. It must be so difficult to be looking in an unfamiliar area. I'm not that close to the area Bumjug was lost but am in central Montreal so, if there's anything I can do to help in my limited way…
If you haven't already, I recommend you post on the french classifieds too.
montreal.kijiji.ca is a very popular french classifieds and maybe lespac.com and quebec.domepac.com too. It wouldn't hurt.

I really hope you find her.
Old September 16th, 2008, 03:09 PM

Thank you scol for the kind and positive thoughts. I will try and get something on the sites you listed tonight as quickly as possible. Fortunately a friend translated our poster information so should be able to get info out that is understandable