Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Cat health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old November 3rd, 2009, 05:17 PM
Senior Contributor

Diandpat,what you say sounds encouraging,even if TT will have to live like this for a while,he is not suffering,but I hope the meds will help
I remember seeing a cat(on TV) at Best Friends Sanctuary who was supposed to be killed,until they stepped in,she had Vestibular Disease.
She was walking a little funny,but was otherwise living a good life.

Cats adjust to life with any kind of disability so much better than people and under your care 14+I am sure TT will continue to have a wonderful life,even if his dizzyness possibly will remain
Old November 3rd, 2009, 05:36 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

My kitties hate taking meds!!! Meowzer is getting quite good at it though. He has been an angel with taking his pill every day. He only has another week and a half and his pills are done. Li'l Bit has until her eye gets better to put up with me putting my finger in her eye twice a day. Poor sweetie. But she is good about it too.
The worming is going fairly well. I usually do it in over the course of two days. That way only half the cats are ticked at me.
Guess who the fighter is? Yep, little TT! He fights like a cat three times his size against having those pills! I am sure he will get used to it. If he ate regularily it would not be a big deal to crush them and put them in his food. But he doesn't. I would be afraid of one of the other kitties getting his meds.
He has had a really good day. He spent most of the morning chasing his sister and flies or being chased by his auntie or cousin. Then he spent the afternoon napping on my bed. Actually, he is still there. I just gave him his evening meds and he's tuckered.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old November 4th, 2009, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
The vet checked both of his ears thoroughly. She couldn't see anything in either of them. She said they were both nice and clean, just the way they should be. The problem lies behind his ear where she can't see. The polyps are still a possibility. We just have to see where it all leads.
I would still try a liquid ear cleaner before steriods, just in case, if it doesn't help no harm is done, then you can try the next treatment

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old November 4th, 2009, 03:06 AM
-

I don't have any advice but just lots of for Timmy and big for you.
Old November 4th, 2009, 01:17 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by growler View Post
I would still try a liquid ear cleaner before steriods, just in case, if it doesn't help no harm is done, then you can try the next treatment
I asked about that. She said that his ears were spotless. There would be no point in cleaning them. She drew a picture of the ear and the very small section that she was not able to see. She said if there would have been something in that small section that would be bothering him to that extent it would be very strange.

The good news is that Timmy's head is straight! He just looked back at me when I came up behind him as he was walking to the kitchen. Last week when he tried doing that he was falling over every time. Now he did what most cats would. He looked back to see who was behind him and then kept on moving. I don't know if it is the meds helping so quickly. I am just very thankful that he seems to be on the mend. I guess now we have to wait to see what happens when the meds are done. Hopefully he is doing much better and the meds aren't masking anything.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old November 4th, 2009, 01:36 PM
Wayward Family Cats Mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
The good news is that Timmy's head is straight! He just looked back at me when I came up behind him as he was walking to the kitchen. Last week when he tried doing that he was falling over every time. Now he did what most cats would. He looked back to see who was behind him and then kept on moving. I don't know if it is the meds helping so quickly.
Oh wouldn't THAT just be the best news!!! Here's hoping that it's the meds helping or that he just got his little brain knocked off-kilter and it's straightened back out!
Old November 4th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Wahoo ..

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old November 4th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Senior Contributor

I hope he continues on the mend. I hate that we've had so many sick little ones.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old November 4th, 2009, 02:06 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Great news, 14+

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old November 4th, 2009, 02:57 PM
-

WOO HOO for Timmy .....hope he has turned the corner and on the road to recovery.
Old November 4th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Live well, laugh often

Sending out some good, strong healing vibes for Timmy . Hope the improvement continues .
Old November 4th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Slave to the Kitties

I'm thinking if he is getting better, that maybe he just stoved his neck and head, which in turn would throw off his equal librium and give him a kinked neck. I hope that was it.
Old November 4th, 2009, 10:55 PM
150% PRO S/N

Thanks everyone for your continues good wishes for TT. His head was a little tilted tonight. Not as much as before but a little. So I am thinking it is probably the meds that are helping by taking the swelling down a little. It isn't slowing him down much.
edwina - unfortunately it isn't his neck that is affected. It is clear it is his head/ear area. After you rub his right ear he starts shaking his head. A few days ago it would knock him on his butt. Now he seems to be improving. That's all I can hope for.
I think it's a waiting game to find out after the meds are finished if he continues to be his regular self or slides back.

Old November 5th, 2009, 09:57 AM
ZiggyZuzuZoeyRaggzy&Keena

for TT. Hopefully the meds and his little body are healing him together. He really will get used to being "tilted" and Ginger's head tilt goes from better some days and worse others. Either way, she still manages...and she is 15+.
that it is nothing serious.

Ginger and Hobo at the Bridge (Valentine's Day 2011) but NEVER forgotten <3...

"‎I have sent you on a journey to a land free from pain, not because
I did not love you, but because I loved you too much to force
you to stay" ♥ ♥

We do not have to wait for Heaven, to be surrounded by hope, love, and joyfulness.
It is here on earth and has four legs!
Old November 5th, 2009, 02:00 PM
-

Still keeping Timmy in my prayers.
Old November 5th, 2009, 02:38 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

s and 32 crossed s for Timmy's full recovery!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old November 5th, 2009, 04:00 PM
~Cat Servent~

Aw Timmy...keep taking your meds and gettin better!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M