Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Free Stuff is Good Stuff - Pets.ca's freecycling forum

Old July 1st, 2009, 01:50 PM

Free Magazines

Hey everyone,

I did some (very late) spring cleaning and I have A LOT of magazines to get rid of. Like, at least 50 of them - possibly up to 70. Ranging from 2003 to last year. Many of them are fashion magazines, I have quite a lot of Cosmopolitans and celebrity gossip rags as well, haha.

I don't know if anyone will want them - they are great for collaging and certain school projects (that's why I have so many magazines - because of my uni program, believe it or not). I would also really appreciate any suggestions - I know that the library sometimes stocks magazines, but I have no idea if they will want them or how to go about doing that.

Any ideas??
Old July 1st, 2009, 01:55 PM
Senior Contributor

Rescues have fundraisers through garage sales and this is a #1 item. Try contacting a rescue group to see if this interests them....

Or - you can have a garage sale with these mags, donate the money to a rescue of your choice and they will provide you with a tax receipt. Everyone wins!
Old July 1st, 2009, 01:57 PM
Performance Spaniels

Not sure if this helps, but hospital waiting rooms seem to appreciate them. I was waiting for my Dad ay Oshawa General last week, and a lady came in with a huge shopping bag and started putting stacks on all the tables. Brightened all of our moods sitting there, and it was apparent they were all hers. The mailing labels had been cut off them.
Old July 1st, 2009, 02:00 PM
Senior Contributor

How about women shelters. Sometimes looking at glamour is an inspiration - one would say if she can look that good then so can I....

Another is a used book store or even a school will take for projects.
Old July 2nd, 2009, 05:28 AM

Thanks guys, those are all really good tips worth checking into!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
Rescues have fundraisers through garage sales and this is a #1 item. Try contacting a rescue group to see if this interests them....

Or - you can have a garage sale with these mags, donate the money to a rescue of your choice and they will provide you with a tax receipt. Everyone wins!
This is really a hot item?? But some of them are so old! I wouldn't have guessed, but if that's the case then I'll give this a shot first.
Old July 2nd, 2009, 05:36 AM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

hey EOF, you could always offer them to a walk in clinic or vet clinic. We all know how boring it is to just sit there and wait.

Oh on another note, did your mom tell you i got to meet your puppers on Saturday.
Old July 2nd, 2009, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
hey EOF, you could always offer them to a walk in clinic or vet clinic. We all know how boring it is to just sit there and wait.

Oh on another note, did your mom tell you i got to meet your puppers on Saturday.
Aslan, yes, she did! She couldn't remember your screen name so I didn't know for sure that it was you, but I guessed it must be you because you're the only one I know for sure lives in my area. I believe she was with my aunt, too - my bf and I left Milo with my family for the weekend while we went to Blue Mountain

I hope Autumn was well-behaved - she doesn't always like strangers! :sad:
Old July 2nd, 2009, 09:08 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfFashion View Post
I hope Autumn was well-behaved - she doesn't always like strangers! :sad:
Then she has something in common with Aslan. (just kidding Aslan........I wuv u)!
Old July 2nd, 2009, 06:40 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
Then she has something in common with Aslan. (just kidding Aslan........I wuv u)!
Now Benmax, nobody is stranger than you and i'm nice to you.

EOF yup Autumn was good, little timid. Figured your mom wasn't understanding me too well, so i just said my screen name. Saw a red sibe, and thought hmmm, then saw little pug and knew it was them. so i asked your mom. She kinda looked at me like she thought i was a stalker at first.
Old July 3rd, 2009, 07:06 AM

Haha, yes Aslan, English is not my mom's first language! My whole family is Polish. It's funny, because if they hadn't been taking care of Milo that weekend, and you hadn't seen Milo & Autumn together, you probably would have thought it was just another Sibe! You happened to be in the right place at the right time! So you were making a Timmy's run, eh? Whadja get, a double-double?? Mmmm, those are my fav!

Yeah, Autumn is getting a LEETLE more ornery in her old age. She's always been a little picky about who she likes, and when - not sure what her life was like before we got her, but we know for sure the male owner abused her, and she seemed very poorly socialized. We've done our best but probably didn't take on the best dog for our first rescue...either way, I love her to pieces and I will always remember her very fondly as my first dog. WOW sorry that got really and kind of emotional! What can I say...it's that time of the month (sorry, TMI!).