Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old July 7th, 2010, 04:14 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Wink cpietra - Your "picture story"

Just wait till tomorrow and me trying to convince hubby that she really needs to come into the house for a couple of days till the heat wave leaves. I'll let you know how that works out!

With those (in?)famous words........
stretched on the bed in the "spare" room....
Name:  IMG_1532.JPG
Views: 283
Size:  94.2 KB
I like dressers better
Name:  IMG_1533.JPG
Views: 281
Size:  52.6 KB
Waking up ... is someone here?
Name:  IMG_1534.JPG
Views: 301
Size:  92.7 KB

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old July 7th, 2010, 04:16 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Snapping some sleepy pics
Attached Images

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old July 7th, 2010, 04:18 PM
150% PRO S/N

Name:  IMG_1549.JPG
Views: 222
Size:  74.6 KB
Naddy is going to the vets tomorrow. She is having a hard time shaking this cold. I think antibiotics are in order. She is much happier to be out of that nasty heat but I know once she feels better she will be a different kitty. You can tell by her eyes she isn't feeling well.
Name:  IMG_1552.JPG
Views: 217
Size:  57.4 KB

Old July 7th, 2010, 04:22 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Oh, what lucky kitties!!! Was the family difficult to round up and move?

I hope the vet can get Naddy on the right track soon! The beautiful girl really does look like she's feeling a bit punky...

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old July 7th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Senior Contributor

I see you got what you wanted,they all look so comfy,lucky,lucky kitties
I would think,if Naddy has a cold,the muggy heat will just make her feel worse,she is such a girly girl,very,very sweet
Hopefully nothing serious is wrong with her.
Old July 7th, 2010, 04:33 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
Oh, what lucky kitties!!! Was the family difficult to round up and move?

I hope the vet can get Naddy on the right track soon! The beautiful girl really does look like she's feeling a bit punky...
Nope. I opened the door to the carrier and they all trooped in.
And me too. She deserves to be happy and healthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
I see you got what you wanted,they all look so comfy,lucky,lucky kitties
I would think,if Naddy has a cold,the muggy heat will just make her feel worse,she is such a girly girl,very,very sweet
Hopefully nothing serious is wrong with her.
I try hard.
I had brought Naddy in this morning to watch her. Phoned the vets shorty afterwards. The babies came in a couple of hours later. They need to be healthy before going back out. Mom may stay in with me for a while longer to get dried up. Kitties are almost three months now. They are fine without her milk and she needs to be healthy again. She can't do that with them taking her nutrients. I'll get it worked out.

Last edited by 14+kitties; July 7th, 2010 at 04:45 PM. Reason: spelling
Old July 7th, 2010, 04:44 PM

I just love seeing this family.

Mama to Izzy, rescued March 2009.
Old July 7th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

14+ they look so happy! I cant imagine how the cats feel in this weather! it is horrible out there! I cant even stand it outside!

They are all looking good and no doubt Naddy will feel better soon!

Cindy
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old July 7th, 2010, 05:18 PM
Senior Contributor

I love picture books. Always have been my fav....thank you 14+...you made my day.

ps....don;t want to upset your hubby, but it doesn't look like they are going anywhere...anytime soon....
Old July 7th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Kitty pimp

oh no!! yr turning off the tap!!!! lol will mama cats produce until they dont get suckled?
Old July 7th, 2010, 06:10 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Yay , . I really think that Naddy is a home kitty, but I also do think they would be happy with the outside stimulation .

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old July 7th, 2010, 06:12 PM

Hi 14+!

When Naddy was at our factory, the only thing I had on me when the guys told me about her eyes was R1. It's a homeopathic product made by DR Reckweg. It's to treat inflammation, fever, infection. After a week on it she was better. I always have at home and at the barn, the R1, R55 (for injuries, fractures, bobos etc.), Bio 87 (anti-bacteria), Bio 88 (anti-viral) and Bio 93 (immune system booster. Whenever my cats or horses are sick, I start them on the stuff. I kind of want to keep the antibiotics as a last resort. If you are interested in getting these products, let me know. I will send you a kit. It will be part of my contribution to help you and and say thank you. I get it directly from the distributor. Last year when Kookie had to have surgery, I started her on some of the products before the surgery and continued after. She had the surgery on the Thursday a.m. and I was sent home on the Friday p.m. with anti-inflammatory and anti biotics. When I gave the anti-inflammatory on the Saturday, Kookie threw it up. She did no want to eat and the paw that she had the catheter, was more swollen than the one she had surgery on. Because the surgeon was not there on the weekend, I was on my own. I started given her doses of R1 and R55 and also put it on her paw. I also put a cold compress. Within 15 minutes, she felt much better. When I went back to see the surgeon on the Monday, it did not understand why her wound was healing faster than normal. It was the R55. I had to reduce the dose otherwise I was told that the stitches would not have come out!!!! I told the surgeon the story. He is European so he is open to alternative medicine. Keep me posted to see what the vet says.

p.s. One of these days, I will have to call you cause it's tooooooooo long to write all this!!!!!!
Old July 7th, 2010, 06:57 PM
150% PRO S/N

Yes Jim. I am turning off the taps. Moms will produce until the kittens stop nursing but it will be less and less as time goes on. In feral life, barn life where they aren't fixed it is not unknown to have the old litter nursing when the new one comes along. Sometimes while they are nursing their own! Poor mommas. As I said, kittens are almost 3 months old. It's time for mommy now.
L4 - Don't tell hubby but I am going to do my level best to make Naddy a house kitty. She is clearly much happier indoors. Can't say my other six are happy to have her though. They've been checking the door all day.
michmonster - thank you for your offer. However, when I said her eyes I mean her third eyelid is showing. In her case by quite a bit. Has she always had issues with this? Nadine has a cold in her chest. You can hear it when she is breathing. She chokes a bit when she is eating and I can tell she is having difficulty breathing. While I would love to try out the homeopathic/natural products I feel Nadine needs needs meds now. My vet is pretty good at homeopathic meds as well if I feel uncomfortable with what she is wanting to give. I need to get her better and she needs to have her kittens weaned so she can start concentrating on getting better.

Old July 7th, 2010, 08:25 PM
Senior Contributor

When Nadine was here, her third eye lid was not showing at all. The only ones that had the eye lid showing were Minimoo, and his twin. The vet thought it was because of parasites ,for which they got their advantage+ (i think that's what it was called).
I hope she feels better soon. Poor little one.
Old July 7th, 2010, 08:49 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpietra16 View Post
When Nadine was here, her third eye lid was not showing at all. The only ones that had the eye lid showing were Minimoo, and his twin. The vet thought it was because of parasites ,for which they got their advantage+ (i think that's what it was called).
I hope she feels better soon. Poor little one.
It may have been but seeing as Tipster was diagnosed with calicivirus I was thinking it was because of that. At one point or another in the week I have had them they have all had runny eyes and sneezes. There are still a couple who you can hear a bit of a rattle in their chest. I am sneaking them in with mom tomorrow. My vet won't mind at all. Nadine is so much better now that she is back in the house. She is relaxed and more at ease. Every time I go in the room (lots) she comes to see me purring. Of course I am sure she wants out to the rest of the house to see what is going on. But that in itself is a good sign. I just left them with her nursing four of them. The other two were playing with her tail and resting.
I think once this heat wave is done we will see a much improved kitty.

Old July 7th, 2010, 09:38 PM

All the guys told me was that she had runny eyes. I never saw her third eyelid. I think it's best to bring them in and find out what's going on. The kittens were a bit sneezing when Naddy brought them in the factory. It was very dusty so they did inhale and ate lots of it!!!!! It cleared up after a while when they were at cpietra's.

Keep us posted!

p.s. What did your hubby say?????
Old July 7th, 2010, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
Just wait till tomorrow and me trying to convince hubby that she really needs to come into the house for a couple of days till the heat wave leaves. I'll let you know how that works out!

With those (in?)famous words........
stretched on the bed in the "spare" room....
Attachment 67302
I like dressers better
Attachment 67303
Waking up ... is someone here?
Attachment 67304
Spoiled rotten kitties!
Old July 7th, 2010, 11:26 PM
Doggie Wench

Hope Naddy recovers quickly . Sweet, sweet pics, 14+ .
Old July 8th, 2010, 02:52 AM
Senior Contributor

14+ The kitties look so at home in the spare room. I hope that Naddy gets over her sniffles soon and so do the babies.

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)
Old July 8th, 2010, 06:46 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Naddy did have some congestion in her lungs when she was here, as did Rose when she first got here. I was thinking it was from the fumes from the factory . It took a few months for her to clear up.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old July 8th, 2010, 07:40 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
Naddy did have some congestion in her lungs when she was here, as did Rose when she first got here. I was thinking it was from the fumes from the factory . It took a few months for her to clear up.
Antonio, another factory rescue had the same problem...took months for his lungs to clear... Naddy kids and I are thinking of you..
Old July 8th, 2010, 10:11 AM
Senior Contributor

14+ those sure look like happy kitties! Good luck with clearing up all the little issues and having them all healthy and happy.
Old July 8th, 2010, 10:35 AM
Senior Contributor

I can't think of anything better than a bed full of kitties! I'm so glad you are able to give them some time away from the heat. Hopefully, Naddy will be able to get over her cold faster now that she's not having to keep feeding the little ones.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old July 8th, 2010, 12:41 PM

There's only one thing in this world that can make me smile wider than a kitten -- more kittens!

Really cute!
Old July 8th, 2010, 01:12 PM
-

You are a brick Gerri

Poor John, if only he had of known what he was getting himself into ....he too is a brick.
Old July 8th, 2010, 01:15 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21711 View Post
You are a brick Gerri

Poor John, if only he had of known what he was getting himself into ....he too is a brick.
So does that mean you are gonna take it easy on me when you come to visit? Huh? Does it? Thank you mgf. I feel the same about you.

As for John. Do you mean if only he had known when I started this or when he met me? He would have turned tail and run back then if he knew.

Old July 8th, 2010, 01:18 PM
-

Is that your bed 14+ ? Hope there's a comfy couch for hubby

they're all so cute I love the twins
Old July 8th, 2010, 01:40 PM
150% PRO S/N

Naddy's vet visit

Was going to start a new thread but this one will work.

I just spent the last hour or so medicating, worming and trimming claws on Naddy and six squirmy kittens. And I have the scratches from Little Miss 'Tude to show it!!

Naddy and babies are on Clavamox for 10 days to get rid of the infection in their chests and eyes. They also were wormed again with Strongid and I am taking a fecal in tomorrow so it can be checked for Coccidia. She feels they may still have worms in their system. She also gave (sold ) me a tube of Nutri-Cal Vetoquinol to get their systems built a little stronger. I am to keep on using the L-lysine in their food too.
She told me that in all the years of her working at shelters and different venues and then finally seeing some healthy kittens she was shocked to learn the ones in shelters really aren't healthy. She then said this litter and mom weren't healthy. Well Duh! That's why I took Naddy and two of her babes to her.
I am hoping all this clears up this precious family. It's time for them to start enjoying life.
As for the nail trimming - Naddy was a peach. Most of the babes were great! Miss 'Tude (Sleeves) is earning her nickname.
And just for the cute factor............
Attached Images

Old July 8th, 2010, 01:43 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
Is that your bed 14+ ? Hope there's a comfy couch for hubby
they're all so cute I love the twins
Well, technically the bed is mine. It's the one I had when I moved down here 8 years ago. But it is in what used to be my oldest stepsons' bedroom. He hasn't been here since school started last Sept so I figure it is now the "spare" room.
There are actually two sets of "twins" Frenchy. MiniMoo and his one sister look a lot alike. Then Sleeves ('Tude) and Sleeveless are the other set.

Old July 8th, 2010, 01:51 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
So does that mean you are gonna take it easy on me when you come to visit? Huh? Does it?

Ummmmmmmmmmm...I have to think on that one

As for John. Do you mean if only he had known when he met me? He would have turned tail and run back then if he knew.
Ummmmmmmmmmm.....something along those lines