Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old December 23rd, 2010, 06:36 PM
Senior Contributor

Snowy Pics

My grand daughter had a sleep over the other night and took the pups outside to play. She tried to stomp down the snow so little Mindy wouldn't drown, but the snow was still too deep for Mindy so they ended up playing on the patio. Mindy is starting to like this white fluffy stuff. Next year we'll get her hooked up to a sled and be the lead dog!
Attached Images

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)
Old December 23rd, 2010, 06:41 PM
Senior Contributor

a few more *S*
Attached Images

~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
Old December 23rd, 2010, 06:45 PM
Senior Contributor

more snowy pics *S*
Attached Images

~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
Old December 23rd, 2010, 06:49 PM
Senior Contributor

I love the pic with snow on Teg's nose. LOL
Attached Images

~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
Old December 23rd, 2010, 11:00 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Wonderful pics, TQ!!! I love Tegan's snowy nose, too! And it looks like everyone was having a ball!! Glad to hear that Mindy is starting to like the snow--just in time for that White Christmas she's heard so much about.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old December 24th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Your granddaughter looks like such a sweetheart .

Poor Mindy , maybe stilts are the way to go??. Are you going to have a motor on the back of the sled to help her out . One year when the snow was really deep here, I used snowshoes to pack down the snow to make trails for the kitties. It worked quite well.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old December 24th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Senior Contributor

thanks hazel and L4H...mindy is learning how to jump over snowbanks much better and I think she thinks it's fun! LOL I took her for another walk in the park this afternoon and she was elarning when she sinks to just jump to another spot.

L4H...if u knew me in person,,,u would know what a klutz I am. So me and snowshoes would end up with me face down in the snow and trying to get the snow shoes off so I could get back up! LMBO I am thinking I will need a sled with a motor so when I get tired I can just sit and go too! LOL

~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
Old December 29th, 2010, 03:28 PM
-

Aw, there is nothing sweeter than seeing kids and dogs playing together ......those are such cute pics.

And, your granddaughter is adorable.

But, holy crap .....I'm glad all that snow is where you live.
Old December 29th, 2010, 09:44 PM
Senior Contributor

I agree with Rainbow, nothing better than seeing photo's of children and dogs together. You have a pretty granddaughter and it's lovely to see how solicitous the Lab is of her. That is a LOT of snow, TQ, and it's warm enough here for me to want to throw myself down in one of those drifts, though I wonder how bad my arthritis would be in your icy conditions. Does it ever snow enough that it covers your front fence?
Old December 29th, 2010, 10:34 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Awww Tegan is showing her good training with her patient self. How sweet! I bet she loves your grand daughter too. How old is Teg now? Has she retired from her "working days" or does hubby still use her? She is such a good girl.
Mindy looks like she is having fun and trying to figure out what that bundled up dog that walks on two legs is.
I love the one of Darby? on the scooter looking out. Or is that Mirabelle?

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old December 29th, 2010, 11:08 PM
You can call me DOG!

Great snaps TQ! I especially love the ones of your grand daughter squishing her nose on the glass!

I also like your little pink ornaments on the sliding door and of course, the furry fun subjects!

Rest in Peace Bailey: 12/10/95-1/9/09 (Golden Retriever)
Rest in Peace Kitty: 7/1/2000 - 10/7/2013
Rest in Peace Gryphon (sounds like Griffin): 10/15/2004 - 11/18/2017 (English Springer Spaniel)
Bella: 3/09/2005 LHD Cat adopted by/from Child
Mollie: 6/2/2009 (English Setter)
Old December 30th, 2010, 01:45 AM
Senior Contributor

Thanks everyone....grand daughter does love the animals and Teg follows her around like crazy!

LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
Aw, there is nothing sweeter than seeing kids and dogs playing together ......those are such cute pics.

And, your granddaughter is adorable.

But, holy crap .....I'm glad all that snow is where you live.
rainbow that's not much snow...it hasn't even hit 5 ft yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfields View Post
I agree with Rainbow, nothing better than seeing photo's of children and dogs together. You have a pretty granddaughter and it's lovely to see how solicitous the Lab is of her. That is a LOT of snow, TQ, and it's warm enough here for me to want to throw myself down in one of those drifts, though I wonder how bad my arthritis would be in your icy conditions. Does it ever snow enough that it covers your front fence?
yes it has gone as high as the fence in the front yard which is a bit over 5 ft,,,we almostget 5ft or more every year.

And a lot of people have arthritis up here. My son got it when he was 16 and I have it throughout my body too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
Awww Tegan is showing her good training with her patient self. How sweet! I bet she loves your grand daughter too. How old is Teg now? Has she retired from her "working days" or does hubby still use her? She is such a good girl.
Mindy looks like she is having fun and trying to figure out what that bundled up dog that walks on two legs is.
I love the one of Darby? on the scooter looking out. Or is that Mirabelle?
Teg is 8 now and hubs still works her every day. Our two black labs worked until 13/14, the german shepherd only worked until 10 as she had spondilitis, hub's first dog only worked until 10 as she had pancreatic cancer and died on the operating table. So as long as Teg can keep working she will. Her hips were rated very high so they should be ok for years yet. *touch wood* Hubs doesn't travel to tune pianos anymore so Teg isn't worked hard like the other dogs were.

~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
Old December 30th, 2010, 01:51 AM
Senior Contributor

14+, I had to go look at the pics again, I think it is Darby, but it's kind of hard to tell cause I can't see her head. LOL

thanks klm. Those pink ornaments are those static cling things, I have them on the microwave and fridge, metal doors too. I just put a bit of water on the back of them and stick them wherever I feel like it.

~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
Old December 30th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Senior Contributor

That is terrible that your son got arthritis so young, TQ. Is it juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, or osteo arthritis ?
I can't begin to imagine the problems 5 foot of snow would create. Well, for starters your fences are gone so I assume dogs go out on leads if they aren't obedient? For me to live there for a week in Winter would be such a culture shock. You'd cope with our Winter, no worries at all, but the reverse - no, don't think so.
Old December 30th, 2010, 06:22 PM
-

Cute pics TQ !
Old December 30th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
That is terrible that your son got arthritis so young, TQ. Is it juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, or osteo arthritis ?
I can't begin to imagine the problems 5 foot of snow would create. Well, for starters your fences are gone so I assume dogs go out on leads if they aren't obedient? For me to live there for a week in Winter would be such a culture shock. You'd cope with our Winter, no worries at all, but the reverse - no, don't think so.
GF...It is called ankylosis spondilitis...don't know if i spelt it right. It is a serious diseas. Where the joints fuse together and it can affect the eyes and organs. I'm just praying his doesn't get any worse, he has had it for 11 years now and has affected his back and knees the worse. His back probably because he is so tall...6'6".

Winters are not so bad....it's a dry cold. It actually went up to 2 or 3C today and rain so we have loss a foot or so of snow. We don't get rain in December very often.

Our dogs go out on leashes yes. We live on a fairly busy street and have a small yard so for their protection we take them out on leashes.

We don't get 5ft of snow all at once,,it slowly builds up over the winter and we have pretty good maintance on clearing the snow away and another machine,,,I call it the elephant (has a huge hose) that sucks up the snow piled up along the roads and blows it into dump trucks that follow behind it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
Cute pics TQ !
thanks frenchy *S*

~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
Old December 30th, 2010, 07:52 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra_Queen View Post
rainbow that's not much snow...it hasn't even hit 5 ft yet!

yes it has gone as high as the fence in the front yard which is a bit over 5 ft,,,we almostget 5ft or more every year.

And a lot of people have arthritis up here. My son got it when he was 16 and I have it throughout my body too.
We lived in Kitimat (northwest BC) for nine years and we got that much every year as well .....sure don't miss it.

We had two siberian huskies up there and we had to dig a trench around the perimeter of the fence in the back yard so they couldn't just walk over to the neighbours yard.

And, I hear ya about the arthritis ......hubby and I thought it would go away when we moved down here but it hasn't ....guess you can't fix old bones.
Old December 31st, 2010, 07:37 PM
Senior Contributor

TQ, my niece's husband has one of those really nasty juvenile arthritis problems. They're both Doctors, which is a joke in that their knowledge doesn't help the poor guy. I was pleased when they had an instant family in the form of identical twin boys, followed later by a daughter. He can enjoy them now but who knows what the future holds.
I know what you mean about dry cold. My own arthritis gives me Hell if it's going to rain. Laughing at that trench idea, Rainbow , but I can see how it would be needed. Dear me, the work we do for our dogs.
Gee, I'd love that ' elephant' here, TQ, to pick up all the fairy grass, although it's suction would have to be that good it'd probably take all my plants with it. LOL.
Old January 1st, 2011, 02:48 AM
Live well, laugh often

Cute pics TQ, looks like everyone had a fun time in the snow .
Old January 1st, 2011, 02:54 AM

Wink

wonderful pics!!!
You have such a cute dog!
Old January 1st, 2011, 08:27 AM
Senior Contributor

T-Q,I missed these pics,they are great and what a beautiful grand-daughter you have.
Looking out my window right now,it's pouring rainI'd rather have snow any day.
Tegan is such a wonderful girl and little Mindy,seems to like the snow too.

When we have snow,hubby makes a path for the cats and the squirrels
Old January 3rd, 2011, 05:53 AM
Senior Contributor

Thanks everyone for your nice comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
We lived in Kitimat (northwest BC) for nine years and we got that much every year as well .....sure don't miss it.

We had two siberian huskies up there and we had to dig a trench around the perimeter of the fence in the back yard so they couldn't just walk over to the neighbours yard.

And, I hear ya about the arthritis ......hubby and I thought it would go away when we moved down here but it hasn't ....guess you can't fix old bones.
Kittimatt gets a ton more snow than we do in a big hurry too! I have a chat friend that lives there and she sends me pics of their snow. LOL

That is funny about the dogs needing a tranch. This is the first year that tegan has been out in the backyard in the winter and that was only because the grand daughter was outside with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
T-Q,I missed these pics,they are great and what a beautiful grand-daughter you have.
Looking out my window right now,it's pouring rainI'd rather have snow any day.
Tegan is such a wonderful girl and little Mindy,seems to like the snow too.

When we have snow,hubby makes a path for the cats and the squirrels
LOL for the squirrels too? LOL

We had rain the other day and lost a lot of our snow,,,but now it is very cold outside about -20C and I freeze every time Mindy has to go outside. I'm going to start pumping her tail soon to get her to pee faster!

Quote:
TQ, my niece's husband has one of those really nasty juvenile arthritis problems. They're both Doctors, which is a joke in that their knowledge doesn't help the poor guy. I was pleased when they had an instant family in the form of identical twin boys, followed later by a daughter. He can enjoy them now but who knows what the future holds.
I know what you mean about dry cold. My own arthritis gives me Hell if it's going to rain. Laughing at that trench idea, Rainbow , but I can see how it would be needed. Dear me, the work we do for our dogs.
Gee, I'd love that ' elephant' here, TQ, to pick up all the fairy grass, although it's suction would have to be that good it'd probably take all my plants with it. LOL.
GF that is sad when kids get arthritis at such an early age. There are a few of them up here that get it early too.

I would imagine that elephant machine would pull up your plants alright LOL

~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
Old January 3rd, 2011, 04:03 PM
Half Way To Crazy

snow and playing in the snow with puppies!!
looks like a great day!!