Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old July 15th, 2008, 07:27 AM

Cat found, Ajax ON. near lake. - owner located, can delete.

Last night my sisters found a friendly cat walking along the lake in Ajax following two people it didn't belong to. The cat has a small build and light frame, and has semi-long hair (but with the bottle brush tail of a long hair).
I'm leaving out the cat's sex and coat colouring as he/she doesn't have any distinctive markings to use in identification.
We are taking the cat to the humane society later today, so please get in touch with them or reply to this post if you think this is your cat.

M

Last edited by Mruss; July 18th, 2008 at 09:30 PM.
Old July 15th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Senior Contributor

If it is a kill shelter, would you be prepared to ask them to contact you if they decide to euthanize her? Just in case?
Thanks for picking her up. that the owners surface.
Old July 15th, 2008, 12:41 PM

Oh yes, we were going to keep an eye on what happened to the cat. As it turns out, the local shelter can't take any more animals right now so we brought him/her home. Thanks to them we have some additional info. The cat is a Maincoon (sp?), somewhere around 7-10 months old, and unfortunately not microchipped.

If not claimed by someone I really wouldn't be surprised if we kept him/her. Other then complaining that this isn't the right house and we aren't the right people, he/she's been quite affectionate and seems to like it here. lol
Old July 15th, 2008, 12:52 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Are you sure he's/she's complaining? Maybe he's/she's saying thank you very much for being such nice people and taking him/her in.
Thank you for caring enough. A lot of people wouldn't.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old July 15th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Senior Contributor

Did you fill out a found report with the SPCA? Someone may have called and filled out a lost report with them. If you didn't I would. Just don't take someone's word that no one has called.

Good luck in finding the owner and thanks for taking him/her in.

ACO22
Old July 15th, 2008, 04:49 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

my sister in etobicoke lost a black medium haired cat with a long haired tail. it's a neutered male, all black with a little white mark on his tummy. if you do a search for a thread called " lost cat in etobicoke" there is a picture. We thought the neighbour who let him outside may have taken him somewhere.
Old July 18th, 2008, 09:43 PM

The story has happy ending. We posted fliers in the area we found him in and along the nearest main street and were called by the his (yay, can use a gender identifying pronoun now) owners. Apparently he got loose a couple weeks ago and though he seems to have eaten the food left out for him, they couldn't catch him.

It boggles my mind, but they hadn't reported him missing to the local animal services. I guess because he was eating the food they had out.
We've strongly advised them on the usefulness of microchipping (particularly because this guy has no fear of strangers and sucks up to anyone who so much as glances at him), and told them that we'd happily take him if he ever needed to be re-homed (we fell in love, he's such a sweetheart...).

They were thrilled to have him back, and he seemed happy to be home, so all's well that ends well.
Old July 19th, 2008, 01:09 AM
Senior Contributor

Wonderful news!
Maybe animal services should do some advertising in your area? Sometimes I think they are so loaded down, they'd just as soon remain a secret. Thanks for doing a little education on the fly.