Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old September 21st, 2007, 01:37 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Is it the infection or bad behaviour?

Well its been a couple of weeks with Tabitha and her bacterial infection...She took the Renoquin ( not very well I might add!) but she still continues to pee on Winston's bed...I have been so frustrated since they told me about the urinary infection / renal problem??? I ask a food related question...they hand me a brochure?? I read things about renal failure and it refers to Chronic or Acute...I ask and they tell me if her CRE count was in the 500's she would be hospitalized??? The cats seem to like the KD Hills food but it bugs me that I havent been able to figure out what to give them without hurting her further...seems to me there are so many opinions on what to feed ...

So I get up yesterday morning and after not having Winstons bed on the floor for 2 days I put it back and she pee'd on it again...this time ruining the inside as it had time to seep through! So, we have now put her on Amoxil 100mg day to see if maybe the other pills maybe didnt work?

But I am wondering if she is pissed off with something?

One good thing came from my vet visit...I was telling them how hard she is to pill and the girl brought me out some of these treat type things (dont knoe what their called) but it looks like a little piece of fudge with a hole in the centre...you put the pill in it hole..cover it over...they are quite soft...and give it to the cat....Well I handed it to her...she swallowed the whole treat pill and all without even chewing it! Yay!!!! The tech said they use them there alot because they have to pill so many cats and all cats really like them! I think she said you can buy them 40 in a pack for $6.00...well worth it though!!

Cindy
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old September 21st, 2007, 10:45 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Sorry to hear that Tabitha is still having troubles. I don't know much about cats, but I'll bump this up a bit in hopes that someone more cat savvy will see it.

Good luck, Winston! I hope the new pills clear up the problem.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old September 21st, 2007, 10:55 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston View Post
The tech said they use them there alot because they have to pill so many cats and all cats really like them! I think she said you can buy them 40 in a pack for $6.00...well worth it though!!
Cindy
That's good to know ! I hope it gets better for you and Tabitha
Old September 22nd, 2007, 12:39 AM
Live well, laugh often

Hmmm, I'd guess at this stage it is probably more bad behavoir. I'd probably get a totally new dog bed (unless you can wash the entire thing so there is NO urine smell left at all). I would then put the new bed down (maybe just try an old comforter in the same spot for now that can be easily washed) and put a litter box right next to the bed. You can then graduate to moving the litter box farther away until it is back to the original spot.

You could also try covering the dog bed with some aluminum foil, most cats hate that .