Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog training - dog behavior > Cat behavior forum - cat training

Old February 12th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Char

Thanks for the help

Hi all,
I found this site while looking for information on dealing with problems with my 2 cats. My first cat Zippi was found on a truck motor in a mine in North Carolina almost 2 years ago. She was about 3 months old and very battle weary. I brought her home with me as nobody wanted her and though I wasn't in the market for a cat I am so glad I took her (I hadn't had a cat in several years and was broken hearted when I lost my other cat) Zippi has been such a delight to my life and has taught me so many things. The second cat was rescued from a dumpster by my husband during brutal cold weather. Gigi is about a year old and has been with us a little over 3 weeks (though my husband kept her at the garage for while) There she was top cat with the customers and great PR by greeting everybody that came in but we didn't feel as if a garage was the best nor safest place for her we took her to the vet then brought her home. Now we're going through the process of getting the two cats to live together in peaceful co-exisitence. So far there has been the usual spitting and hissing and a couple out and out battles but then a few minutes later they act like nothing happened.
Our dog Scottie is very quiet and laid-back not aggressive at all and ignores the cats as if they don't exist. He's afraid of many things but weather tops the list. Of course he's afraid of bad storms, also wind, rain drops and the weather channel, if you can believe that. As soon as I put the weather channel on the television he goes into his fear and trembling mode trying to hide someplace. Therefore I avoid the weather channel all together unless I watch it muted.
My thanks to all the people that have helped me and didn't even know it this is a great site and so much fun to read.
Char
Old February 12th, 2009, 11:20 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Welcome to the board, Char!

I love your album pictures! You have beautiful furbabies!

Poor Scottie! Must be a pretty sensitive soul to have picked up on the dangers of the weather channel.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old February 12th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Char

Hi Hazel,
Thank you so much! Yes, Scottie is super sensitive. I need a dogacologist for him. How do you explain to a dog that it's not domesday only sprinkling a little outside?
Char
Old February 12th, 2009, 01:19 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

We had a 90-pound lab once--at the first inkling of a rain drop, he'd begin to try to bury himself in the floor...rather hard on the carpeting Luckily, he was big enough so that when the weather got bad, hubby could just lie down on him to keep him still. We never did get him used to weather changes but as he got older and lost his hearing, he slept through storms more often.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old February 12th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Live well, laugh often

Welcome to pets.ca .
Old February 12th, 2009, 01:37 PM
Char

Hi Teri,
Thank you so much!
Char