Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old March 17th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Golden Retriever

Talking poop bags

If anyone's looking for poop bags for the upcoming summer walks, you should check out Doodeefulls Dog Poop Bags.

They're the cheapest I've seen online (claim to be the cheapest anywhere online), are biodegradable, & have handles for tying.

Happy scooping!
Old March 17th, 2010, 05:46 PM

you can also get good, cheap (48 for $1 + tax) biodegradable bags at any Dollarama...
Old March 17th, 2010, 06:05 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cell View Post
you can also get good, cheap (48 for $1 + tax) biodegradable bags at any Dollarama...
Yep, and they smell like chocolate or vanilla. I use them for cleaning my indoor litter boxes. They work great. Can handle a large amount without breaking.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old March 17th, 2010, 06:51 PM
-

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
Yep, and they smell like chocolate or vanilla. I use them for cleaning my indoor litter boxes. They work great. Can handle a large amount without breaking.
WHAT ??? They have chocolate smelly ones ??? Dollarstore here only has vanilla
Old March 17th, 2010, 06:53 PM

Hahaha! I *love* their name!
Old March 17th, 2010, 07:08 PM
Senior Contributor

we have "ocean fresh" at our dollarama
Old March 17th, 2010, 07:29 PM
Senior Contributor

Hee hee, we have "Poopy sac"s at the Bargain Shop

Something to keep in mind with the cheapy biodegradable ones is that they basically break down into itty bitty pieces of plastic bag or the chemicals they were originally made from (if you read up, these are really toxic ) so... if you can get the compostable bags, the ones made of cornstarch, they are way better in a "good for the earth" kinda way . OK, i'm the picky one now!
and love for my "lost ones" - Misery, Clover & the girls (chickens)
Old March 17th, 2010, 08:10 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

Quote:
Yup, those are the ones I use, they have handles to tie, and smell really nice.....until you use them

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

~~Chief Seattle (Duwamish tribe)~~
Old March 18th, 2010, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otter View Post
Hee hee, we have "Poopy sac"s at the Bargain Shop

Something to keep in mind with the cheapy biodegradable ones is that they basically break down into itty bitty pieces of plastic bag or the chemicals they were originally made from (if you read up, these are really toxic ) so... if you can get the compostable bags, the ones made of cornstarch, they are way better in a "good for the earth" kinda way . OK, i'm the picky one now!
Will I be able to find compostable bags at my petsmart or local pet store? grocery store?

Has anyone actually tried doodeefull bags? It sure is tempting as the biodegradable ones I'm using right now (bags on board) don't have handles to tie and consequently smells escape. ick. cat poop garbage... do. not. like.
Old March 18th, 2010, 08:02 AM
Senior Contributor

I've been buying biodegradable poop-bags at the Dollar-Store for a long time,like 14+I use them to clean out the litterboxes,but also for little Bailey's poop outside.
Old May 17th, 2010, 01:02 PM

Thumbs up PoopBags.ca

I get the PoopBags.ca bags.
Really strong and long... They have Biodegradable and Compostable too! And they have a lavender scent.

You can even request a free sample of both bags on their website before trying! www.poopbags.ca

I got 4 dogs and having a lot of poop bags around is what I need...
Old May 17th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Senior Contributor

I have been using the ones from Dollarama since they started stocking them. I find them great for scooping the litter boxes then I just deposit the bag of clumps into the recycle bin in the garage. I think they are great.
I have only found the chocolate scent here though.....took me a while to figure out exactly what the smell was supposed to be. Never found vanilla but the ocean fresh sounds interesting!

Yes, I believe in the Rainbow Bridge
Old May 17th, 2010, 03:13 PM

I have been using the ones from ikea. I like that they are black and not seethrough... so i dont have to walk on the street for all to see what my poo bag contains. A roll is 99c and i am not sure how many bags it has but its a decent size roll.... i am thinking it has 50 bags in it roughly, btu its a guess.

“Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God.”

"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person."
Old May 17th, 2010, 03:33 PM

Thank you for the post, I will check that out.
Old May 17th, 2010, 03:34 PM
Senior Contributor

the ones from the dollar store aren't see through, and less than 99 cents a roll
Old May 17th, 2010, 03:49 PM

From Dollarama it is $.99 for 48 bags. The manufacturer of the bags has a website http://www.epi-global.com/ discussing the technology of the biodegradability of the bags and plastic products. It is still unclear to me whether the bags are completely biodegradable or remain as plastic powder after decomposing. I lean more towards incomplete degradation, since it is still plastic being used.
To save bags I re-use them as long as the poop did not leave reside on the bag, luckily Leo's poop is pretty consistently firm, so I have gone almost a week on the same bag, I just stuff it in my back pocket lol.
Old May 17th, 2010, 04:52 PM
Senior Contributor

We don't have a dollarstore here. Only walmart and I don't like the bags I've gotten from there. Very difficult to tie and no vanilla scent, just plastic and they aren't really that long. I want the vanilla kind...

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)
Old May 19th, 2010, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincymycat View Post
I have been using the ones from Dollarama since they started stocking them. I find them great for scooping the litter boxes then I just deposit the bag of clumps into the recycle bin in the garage. I think they are great.
I have only found the chocolate scent here though.....took me a while to figure out exactly what the smell was supposed to be. Never found vanilla but the ocean fresh sounds interesting!
Quincymycat do you put your biodegradable bags in the recycle bin?
They should go in the trash... They biodegrade at the dump... If you put them in the recycle bin, people at the recycle company will have to sort them and trash them...
Old May 19th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Senior Contributor

I had to snicker a little,what does it really matter what kind of scent the poop-bags have,or no scent at all,the smelly stuff that goes in there takes over any vanilla-scent
When we walk Bailey she can poop as much as 5 times,a lot of poop for a little Cocker
Old May 19th, 2010, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
I had to snicker a little,what does it really matter what kind of scent the poop-bags have,or no scent at all,the smelly stuff that goes in there takes over any vanilla-scent
When we walk Bailey she can poop as much as 5 times,a lot of poop for a little Cocker
What kind of food do you feed Bailey?
5 poppies on one walk is a lot of poop! haha!
Old May 20th, 2010, 03:43 PM
Senior Contributor

Well,she's not my dog,we just walk her every day,but usually they feed her Natural Balance.
Today she only pooped 2 big piles
Old May 20th, 2010, 04:04 PM

Hehe... It's always a lot of fun!
When I changed my dogs food to a organic one they pooped a lot less...
And when you have 4 dogs like I do, 2 poops per day per dog is already enough...
Old May 20th, 2010, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batdelfuego View Post
I get the PoopBags.ca bags.
Really strong and long... They have Biodegradable and Compostable too! And they have a lavender scent.

You can even request a free sample of both bags on their website before trying! www.poopbags.ca

I got 4 dogs and having a lot of poop bags around is what I need...
We use these bags as well! They are awesome, affordable, ship for free plus they support animal rescue!
Come Visit Us! http://myminizoo.wordpress.com
Old May 20th, 2010, 10:16 PM
~Cat Servent~

I used to use those dollarama bags too, until they started collecting the cat litter in the green bin here now I get mine at giant tiger (awesome and cheap compostible bags) at first I didn't realize but you can't use 'biodegradable' in your 'compostable' bin....duh! I'm gonna check this site to see if they have anything that'll work for us....those little doggy poop bags don't cut it around here anymore anyhow....7 cats worth of pee and poop can fill one of the kitchen compostables every day here!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M

Tags
biodegradable, dog poop, doodeefulls, poo, poop bags