Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Breed characteristics and traits

Old April 24th, 2008, 08:39 AM

Papillon Training and Owning

Good Morning all,

Here I am going to ask if anyone has owned a Papillon and do you have so tips and tricks for them. Our little girl has yet to learn her name and she has major fits when I put her collar on to the point she shakes and looks depressed, but I was given a cd with pdf's on it with tips and training, they say to leave it on and don't remove it, yes they will through a fit, but she does it all the time and has not given up.

Plus she goes nuts at least 4 times a day where she bits everything and is very uncontrollable, it's like the zoomies with a bad attitude.

If anything comes to mind and you wish to get a hold of me just pm me or post, please help!!!!!

Thank you

Nova - Papillon - SuperStar

Deb
Old April 24th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Senior Contributor

I don't know about puppies, but for my kitties they hated collars at first too. I read somewhere it was good to start them off with just putting it on them for maybe an hour and giving them a treat or two with praise when I put it on. Then you take it off for a little bit, then start over and just gradually work your way up to where they have it on with no problem.

Zoomies I think are normal, at least for a puppy, but you'll have to wait for the puppy people to answer that.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old April 24th, 2008, 09:38 AM

I think most of them fight the collar a little bit at first but adjust to it. I put Abbys on for a little while for a few days,, than after 4 days,, I just didn't take it off, she adjusted fine. Same with a leash, first time you'd think we had tried to kill her just by attaching her leash to the coller, but she adjusted to that too. The zoomies,, We have that about 3 times a day. I am not sure but I figure she is just getting rid of the extra energy. I have noticed if I spend a lot of time going for walks and letting her play we have less voomies durring the evening though. Sounds like you have a pretty normal puppy on your hands.
Old April 24th, 2008, 01:17 PM

Thank goodness, i thought I had a dog on my hands!!!! LOL

Our Border Collie was so totally different, oh and our westies and German Shepherds. This has to be the smallest dog ever for me, so afraid of doing it wrong.

Plus jealma when Abby gets the zoomies does she try to bite everything in sight, including the fingers, toes and walls?

Nova - Papillon - SuperStar

Deb