Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Cat health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time! > Kitten health

Old September 25th, 2013, 12:54 AM

Relocating an Orphaned Kitty

PLEASE ANSWER IMMEDIATELY! I'M LEAVING IN A FEW HOURS!

While on a vacation in Greece, I met two orphaned kittens. who must have been no older than two months. One of them accidentally got run over by a car, and while I found this event tragic, thankfully, the one I had gotten connected to and named Odysseia in the first place survived. She is an innocent, friendly and playful, and seems to have good survival skills, but life in the hotel yard seems to be full of dangers: Cars pass by every now and then, and while a warm character, the owner doesn't seem to care much for her. My idea, was, therefore, to look for a safe spot on the nearby fields and feed her there, thereby turning her into a feral cat. That said, I am not fully aware of the consequences of such an action. What should I do to keep Odysseia as healthy and safe as possible?

With deep gratitude,
Tomer Ravid
Old September 25th, 2013, 11:08 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

sadly, relocating her would probably be a death sentence. she at least knows where to shelter and hunt where she is now. if you relocate her, she's at a definite disadvantage both in avoiding predators and finding food. best solution would be to find her an adoptive family, but that doesn't sound like it would be possible given the timing. but imo, leaving her where she is at her young age, although dangerous, is the best course of action. not sure what type of humane societies there are in greece or if the owner would allow her to be surrendered...

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."