Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old January 20th, 2009, 11:49 PM
I'm a softy

My New Princess!

Ok first I'll tell you her story, not sure this is where to post it but here goes.. I got a call about a pregnant cat, (love it when that happens ) anyway seems her family had brought her in because she was not seeming right, was weak and foaming at the mouth. While there they found out she was pregnant, she was dehydrated and was a bit.. out of whack.. she needed care and they did not want to give it to her. The poor cat was stressed and when she was doing better they felt she should be in a home.. so that's where I came in! She delivered 4 babies, one was born dead it was so hard and tragic, I have never had that happen before, I believe he had been dead awhile as he was very cold and very tiny. 2 boys were delivered fine and were healthy, then there was a little girl, she was also small and the placenta did not look right, she had very little fur, i was worried about her, but they are now 7 weeks and she is strong and healthy! The mother is a little skidish but trusts me completly she is still very very skinny, I am absolutly in love, she will never go to another home , this is her home now. They are all doing great and the vet says super healthy so that is great news!

I am also adding a couple pics of my parents siamese cats, They were fosters of mine almost 8 years ago. Their mother died when they were 5 days old and we had to hand raise them, 2 weeks after they arrived I had my daughter, so I had to get up at night to feed lotsa babies! There was a litter of 6 and they all made it and went to great families where I still get updates to hear how spoiled they are! Anyway that's the story THANKS!

And now for the pics, I've learned how nuts you guys are for pics!! thanks love4himies for the suggestion!!
Attached Images

Old January 21st, 2009, 12:17 AM
I'm a softy

OK now the siamese...

sorry it took so long I had to get DH to help me make them smaller so that I did not make anyone blind again....
Attached Images

Old January 21st, 2009, 12:21 AM
I'm a softy

oh and....

Munchkin is the tortie point.. she was really a munchkin so tiny, even the vet thought she would not make it... we fed them half whole milk and half carnation evaporated milk, or condensed.. whichever it is.. anyway.. that's it and look at her now!!!!!!!! she was a fighter though, first one to open her eyes, still can't really believe she made it! after all the foster babies we have had, this one that was born dead, was the first one we have ever lost... poor little thing.. OH anyway I am blabbing, didn't mean to write another book sorry! The seal point is the boy and his name is max!!! ( maxaBillion) heehee, can you tell I still think of them as my kids! Glad my parents took them!
Old January 21st, 2009, 02:35 AM

awwww gorgeous kitties all of them

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old January 21st, 2009, 06:53 AM
Senior Contributor

what wonderful and amazing stories!! I just love the orange kitty, she looks quite content!! and the siamese mixes are just too precious, great job!!
Old January 21st, 2009, 08:15 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Can never get enough of kitty/doggie pics.

Foster failure Love it.

I love the tortie point so beautiful.

Do you still have the new momma's kittens, do we get to see pics of them? Please

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old January 22nd, 2009, 03:33 PM
-

They are all beautiful and what a wonderful mom you are.

Looking forward to the baby kitties pics too.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 03:43 PM
I'm a softy

yes I need to get baby ones.. i actually did take a bunch but they were moving so much they didn't work and the flash on my camera and I were not really getting along at the time... there is a baby u can see drinkin in the first one.. that is "snookums" he is the dark male, there is also a lighter male and a black and a female.. the female is always under the couch! haha
Old January 22nd, 2009, 03:51 PM
I'm a softy

i had the greatest vet, when those siamese were here, I had so much help! I had no idea you could hand raise them on whole milk and carnation, but he said it would work and much cheaper then the cat milk formula, and it did work! that tortie point was next to death.. their mother was very very ill and so had not given them much, the mother was put into the vet when they were 3 days they came to me at 4 days and the mother died at 5 days, her family.. siamese 'breeders' did not think they could raise the babies and my vet was already hand raising 3 at home.. there was 6 in the litter and all are still doing great they are almost 8 years old! my parents were in love with them too, so adopted one, then the next day adopted another, even though they already had 2 othre cats... the othr cats they already had were the ones I grew up with... they lived to 22 and 24, and were actually people in cats clothes, taught me everything, I owe A LOT to pickles (died at 19) tye was 22 and casey was 24.. I do, does that sound silly? i gonna cry now..
Old January 22nd, 2009, 04:06 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Kitties! I love kitties!! All kinds of kitties!! Beautiful!!

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old January 22nd, 2009, 04:46 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh,me tooo,love them all,no matter what color or breed
Lml,Hope you can get some kitten-pics too
Old January 22nd, 2009, 04:58 PM
Jag and Gingers dad

Beautiful cats they are.