Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum

Old February 28th, 2006, 05:01 PM
Senior Contributor

my 'i wont be able to see you much anymore' thread

hi guys, well im counting down the days till this babe comes, less than 10 now, and i thought it time i start a thread to sorta say good by. i wont log out but i truly doubt i will be able to come here much anymore if ever, so i wanted to say 'if i dont see you much or again have a top life'. although i will lurk around for the next week or so, but i thought it time to start the thread.

with the baby, running a business, working in general, and just life i just wont have the time, which i have found lately hard to secure anyways.

so in the past 2 and a half years charlie and i have made some great mates, had some great chats, and managed to heat things up on the odd occassion (dont laugh, it was only occassionally). i have learned about your country and the domestic animal issues in your lands, and overall i have found it fascinating and informative. i hope you ahve seen a bit of australia through my eyes and have enjoyed that too, i love my land and i hope i have shared some of it with you.

i have seen so many come and go, such as the ever lovely woody who i do occassionally miss (remember him, what a great sense of humor). and i have seen many really long term stayers such as mona and LR which is testament to this community and the site, its a nice place....

i have travelled far with you guys, you accompanied me through my masters degree, offering lighthearted support and kindness, all of which was appreciated. you have seen me get married, finish another degree, get a job, get pregnant and now having a baby (not to mention the miriad of dramas in between). i feel like we have shared so much together, your all my old mates. and i will miss you alot. hopefully one day i wll get the time to pop in, i will try but it wont be very often if at all. and you may just appreciate my absence, my crap typing and lack of care for spelling will probably not be missed much..

i cant wait to have this baby, im so excited and cant wait to see it, i live a charmed life for sure.

so this is the begining of the end for me, it makes me think of Jim Morrisons lines
this is the end, beautiful friend the end, i'll never look into your eyes again...

ok a bit dramatic but you get the drift.....

so it begins, charlie and my new chapter, as mentioned before i will pop in in the next week or so, so i hope to see some of you then.....

charlie sends big lick and cuddles and thanks to you all for all the advice you ahve shared that has benifited her health or mental state, she too is excited for the baby and we are sure to be a beautiful happy family together....
Old February 28th, 2006, 05:17 PM
owned by Tucker

Oh Mel the girl from down under, please don't leave us. I will really miss your postings that sometimes I have to reread to understand exactly what you said. LOL You have been here so long I'm sure you can drop in between baby naps. Please, please don't leave us..............
Old February 28th, 2006, 05:21 PM

Aw, Mel! Best of luck with this new chapter in your life. You just might find, though, that you need a break from the daily grind now and then (from a mom of two who is running her own business, I can almost guarantee this ). Whenever this need arises, you know where to find us.

I won't bother asking you to post pics of the baby. We all know how you feel about posting pics on the internet - and I'm with you 100% on this one. Just do us one favour and pop in afterwards to let us know gender, weight, name ... you know, all the gory details. I hope you have a happy, natural & safe delivery, and I'll send a prayer up on your behalf for a beautiful, healthy baby.

Not "goodbye" - just "so long for now".
Old February 28th, 2006, 05:25 PM
Senior Contributor

Enjoy the birth....it's alot of fun Please let us know how things are going
Old February 28th, 2006, 05:46 PM
Personal servant to Joey

WE will miss you Mel -do hope you let us know what you had and drop in from time to time if you still can, and oh yes giving birth is a lot of fun, thats why I did it twice.

Spay or neuter your girl or guy
Please dont let us multiply!
Old February 28th, 2006, 09:14 PM

Aww... I can't believe you're leaving. I hope you're bluffing. This is just a thread testing us to see how much we care, right? No, you're not leaving. No way. Pets.ca needs its aussie chick.

Good luck with the baby. I hope she's a sleeper so we don't lose you for real.
Old March 1st, 2006, 05:20 AM
Senior Contributor

Awww Mel, please don't leave us. I know yuou eill be busier but all of us here - myself included -- have really busy lives! And I don't check in when I am in places sans internet access but I do try to find time, You could say a short hello when the baby is sleeping.....

Good luck with the birth and we wants pix!!! Take care!!!!
Old March 2nd, 2006, 05:17 PM
Senior Contributor

you kids are just so bloody cute well as i said i wont log out, just because legend has it if you do its a real bummer trying to get back on and you have to change your name, but that may be a very old petsca wives tale, i dunno but not gunna risk it. andi figure if i stay logged on forever then one day marko will have to send me something, like a small trophy for patriotism so i will expect that for my 10th anniversary.

and i wont log out permanantly as i will try and pop in again one day, i feel slack for not coming here often now i jsut dont manage my time well and get stuff all done now so dont know how im gunna cope in the future, im just too lazy to cope realyl

if my sad silly brain allows i will try and post a pic, its pics of dogs that i dont like posting (or older kids). around sydney there is a large number of dogs still being stolen for fighting, so charlie being big and a grump half the time, im scared so i have never posted her pic...

but i did want to write this thread, so if i disappear for some time you know i have not just abandoned you all, or it might make ya's sad, i know i got sad when ppl disapeared from our little group with nary a horrah.....

but if all settles down on the next few months you never know if i might pop in.... i promise to try at least....

have a nice day one and all
Old March 2nd, 2006, 09:36 PM

Oh, Melanie, once the baby comes you will want to log on just to have some relaxtion time!!! I know, been there, done that!
Good luck for a nice birth and beautiful baby!
Old March 4th, 2006, 04:36 PM
Senior Contributor

Ahh Mel!:sad: Say it isn't true! I've enjoyed your posts and your marvelous sense of humor. I've looked forward to your posts when your baby comes, how Charlie adjusts, etc. You can't just leave us all hangin! I know I can't post everyday either. Now that my ankle has healed, they won't let me recupe anymore at West Campus where I had lots of time to sit on the computer. I can only log on, mostly on weekends, and try to catch up. I hope you'll pop in whenever you can and keep us all up to date with your life. I was so proud of you when you got your degree. Tho we've never met, I have always felt that the members on this board are like family. Some are a pain occasionally, but appreciated never-the-less. You can't just bow out!:sad: :sad:
Old March 4th, 2006, 04:54 PM
Senior Contributor

Aww Mel,having a baby is a wonderful thing,but they do nap a lot so we still expect to hear from you and see pics of the baby..
Part of why I enjoy the internet is because we can communicate with people like you from faraway lands
Seeing English is my second language,I too had to read your post a couple of times to understand,but you always gave me a chuckle
So remember,nap-time is Pets.ca time
Old March 4th, 2006, 05:55 PM
Senior Contributor

WHAT?? See what happens when I stay away too long!! You're having a baby??? And I didn't know?? Congrats my Aussie friend!!!! I miss our chats too!! Good luck with all the new adventures you are about to embark on!!!!! Please drop in to say hello!!!! We will miss you!!!! Give Charlie a big kiss from Brick!!!!
1 very mean tiger barb (who killed all of our other fish)
3 leopard geckos - Dave, Jenn & Jane (gone back to their original owner)

GONE TO CRITTER HEAVEN:
1 house gecko - George (RIP)
2 giant african land snailS - Kaimah (RIP) & Kamau (RIP)
2 baby african land snails - Tiny & Pokey (RIP)
1 Veiled Chameleon - Chip (RIP)
Old March 5th, 2006, 05:26 AM
Senior Contributor

Mel, Congrats on the baby I never knew
Sounds like you will have a very full plate I envy you living in Austrailia it looks like an awesome place and I love the idea of little joeys hanging out every where
I too find it hard to just pop in ....I end up reading all kinds of posts that I have missed then have no time left to reply by the time my computer time is up
I wish you all the best and do hope you find the time in the future to pop in now and then
Take care
Old March 5th, 2006, 09:59 AM
Slave to the Wigglebum

Now you don't think we are going to let you off that easy do you? How can you walk away from an addiction like this? We won't let you. We will keep pushing it on to you until you give in. You can never walk away from us, NEVER!!!

Just kidding. In all honesty, good luck with the labor and your beautiful bouncing baby joey!
Old March 6th, 2006, 10:02 PM
Senior Contributor

dont fret my pets, i promise that as soon as i get a moment i will pop in occassionally, life is just crazy.... and yes we call the baby joey, the way the bugger jumps i wonder if it is a small kangaroo.....

still waiting for this baby, the doc says any time, well comon im waiting, i keep trying to talk the baby out or offer it toys to appear, but neither seems to work.... i think human pregnancy is justy a bit too long, im very uncomfy at the mo, as im sure you ladys konw, so the sooner the better. i will try aqnd post a pic when it comes, either way the babies name will be Indie, boy or a girl, beautiful hindi name and one that is lucky. well both parents are very excited, hubby keeps waking me up if i make a sound to check on me, poor bugger is very wired and desperate for it to come, im just buggered and wanna sleep..

and charlie, well she cant see what all the fuss is about, to her she is just getting her own human, one to keep and lick when she likes although the neighbors think she will end up a serial kiddie killer, stupid neighbors, lets just say ppl frown upon children living with pets here, well stuff em all i say, they dont know my dog or me and it will be fine. charlie has known many babies and loves em all..... (they taste good hey)...

and kids that live with pets have a lower incedence of asthma etc and its good for immune systems, so to me its a great benifit. and charlie sleeps in the babies room now by her own choice, so at least no one will steal the kid, they would get eaten other wise.... ..

and yes i do feel where a little family here, thats why i started this thread, i didnt want you to think i didnt care about you all....i really do and you ahve been great friends in many a trial and stupid story

and i am glad you learnt some aussie lingo, if you ever come down here you have a bit of a head start on our language...

well hopefully i will have this kid very very soon, i just cant wait to see it.... and i will pop in soon other wise, if not i will try and come in some time in the near future....

take care all
Old March 6th, 2006, 10:54 PM

Well, I'm glad you changed your mind about leaving. What a relief!

Should we start the birthday pool?

I say March 12th.
Old March 7th, 2006, 06:53 AM
Slave to the Wigglebum

I'll take March 9th.
Old March 7th, 2006, 08:00 AM
Senior Contributor

March 10th. Is there a prize?
Old March 7th, 2006, 10:53 AM

Hehe... Um... Pride? The feeling like you've won something? Do those count as prizes?
Old March 7th, 2006, 11:14 AM
Senior Contributor

Barely..........
Old March 7th, 2006, 11:16 AM

How about for the winner, I post the growly pic of Jemma again? Or maybe, if somebody guesses it, then Mel has to come back for good?
Old March 7th, 2006, 11:34 AM

March 8th. Yeah, since I've never won anything in my entire life, I'd be quite thrilled with the satisfaction of finally winning something ... anything!
Old March 7th, 2006, 11:44 AM
Slave to the Wigglebum

I'll send the winner a package of chocolate chip cookies and a box of cheez-its! How is that?
Old March 7th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Senior Contributor

march 8th thats today, and i cant do it today as i have so many things to do, its ok if it comes later today after my business, thats fine, but not this morning..... cant do it too much on

the baby can come say on the 10th, that will be good as its after my busy days and its leading to the weekend. over here you only stay in hospital for 3 days maximum so i would not mind spending the weekend in ... and it cant be hot as the hospital has no aircon in the maternity ward, yes i know what your thinking, its not that bad, just a little annoying as summer is still here, and if it gets hot you ahve to go and sit in otehr parts of the hospital. oh sooooo australian that to me, stupid really...

so i say the 10th, and if i go over i would prefer the 17th as its st pats day and that would be kinda good, sorta but i dont wnat to go over...

hey if im right do i get the prize or just the baby :love:
Old March 7th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Slave to the Wigglebum

I'll send you the prize too! But this means you have to come back on here and tell us who won!
Old March 7th, 2006, 04:03 PM

LOL! Mel, you raise a good point! When I said the 8th, I meant tomorrow, our time, not yours! So, are these guesses being placed in EST or Australian time?
Old March 7th, 2006, 06:45 PM
Slave to the Wigglebum

What is even worse is that I didn't even catch that until you said something! So, it it EST or Australia time? We need to decide before the joey starts bounching!
Old March 7th, 2006, 07:18 PM

Mine's in Aussie time.
Old March 7th, 2006, 07:35 PM
Slave to the Wigglebum

Then I guess we will all be in Aussie time. But I think I would like to change mine to the 11th because of it. Any objections????
Old March 7th, 2006, 09:23 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh Mel you will be missed. Yes we have certainly had our dramas here and also lots of laughs. I hope you have a healthy baby, But you will have to come back at least to post a picture of your bundle of joy and love. Good luck
Now owned by Clark the Crazy American Bulldog