Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old January 13th, 2005, 10:10 PM
Senior Contributor

What's up with him????

Ok,quite a while ago I posted about my kitten Casper having a Q-Tip fetish.Well he is 16 months now and still has this fetish.My daughter had a few Q-Tips in her room(they were clean..lol)Casper took one then took off.We had to chase him to get it.Well hubby told me that when he had a few Q-Tops on the table cause he was cleaning something(no not his ears.Wouldn't matter,he still doesn't listen. )Casper got ahold of one and took off.He caught him and tried to get it out of his mouth.Brad said he actually growled at him as he clamped down on the Q-Tip...We have a metal garbage tin in the bathroom.The one you step on.He will actually open it a look for them.Needless to say,we make sure there are not any in there...LOL.....What's up with this.?????????????????

Here is a pic of my Q-Tip fetish cat.
Attached Images

Old January 13th, 2005, 10:16 PM
banned user

You know, that is very weird... we believe one of our cats has a Q-tip fetish too. He checks the bathroom garbage everyday for one He doesn't eat them, he plays with them. He finds one, carries it downstairs, then to where ever looks like a good play spot and goes to town. We try not to let him have the ones from the garbage, cause that's just gross, but he seems to have so much fun with them.... not sure why.
This is Stormy!
Old January 13th, 2005, 10:28 PM
Senior Contributor

WOW.Beautiful....

Well Casper seems to be getting aggressive/protective..Not sure which one though.

I make sure someone in the house gets it out of his mouth.I don't want him chewing on them.A friend of mine has a cat that ended up swallowing a Q-Tip.She didn't know Shdow had even gotten it.He became ill.Was throwing up his food.She took him to the vets.They did some tests.Which came up nothing wrong.Well they did an x-ray.The Q-Tip was lodged crossways down the throay or intestine.Can't remember.Surgery was needed.Shadow is ok.This has scared me and this is why I don't want him getting them.
Old January 13th, 2005, 10:36 PM
banned user

Stormy isn't like that with his, thank god. He runs when we get up to take it from him... like he knows it's wrong but he can't help tryin!

I hope your kitty doesn't eat one!
Old January 13th, 2005, 10:40 PM
Senior Contributor

Casper knows.But when he runs,he runs with it....LOL

And telling him to let go just won't cut it...He's our little deaf boy.
Old January 13th, 2005, 10:47 PM
banned user

Awwwww poor thing!
If he could hear you tell him to let go, he probably wouldn't care anyway... I was thinking, maybe it's the cotten he's attracted to? Do you have any cotten balls you could test him with? I don't know if that would get you anywhere but at least you'd know what it was about the Q-tips, that makes them so fun and tasty?
Old January 13th, 2005, 10:53 PM
Senior Contributor

No I don't think he would care..LOL

We adopted him from the SPCA when he was 8 weeks old.Then realized after about a week that something wasn't right.We dropped pots and pans,clapped loud.He didn't flinch.So I searched the net.And sure enough white cats with blue eyes are prone to being deaf.When we went back to the SPCA to let them know,they asked if we were bringing him back.We said H*LL no.He's our baby.We just wanted to know if the person who adopted his brother called them.But his brother had one blue eye and one green eye.

I will definately pick up some cotton balls and test him on that...Thanks for that suggestion.I don't think I would have thought of that....
Old January 13th, 2005, 11:47 PM
banned user

That's so sweet! I wouldn't have given him up either. To me, it makes them even more innocent... :love: :love:
Let me know how the cotten goes!
Old January 14th, 2005, 12:02 AM
Senior Contributor

BOTH cats are sooooo beautiful!!!! Puss-Puss likes Q-Tips too. She kind of bats them up into the air and scoots them around. Does the same thing if I leave a ball-point laying on the table. When I have the Q-Tips out and she's nearby, I'll accidently on-purpose drop one on the floor "Opps!" and she's instantly right on it! Never gets it in her mouth, just tosses and bats it around for a short time and then ignores it after it refuses to run.
Old January 14th, 2005, 07:41 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
We just wanted to know if the person who adopted his brother called them.But his brother had one blue eye and one green eye.
I have a white cat with one blue eye and one green eye, Mona, that I picked up on the TransCanada in Montreal (Yes, some loser threw him from a car!!) and we can't be sure for sure because he seems to have some hearing, but is probably deaf on one side.(blue eye side)

The vet said he could run some tests, but kind of pointless as we'll still treat and love him the same!!! gotta post a pic of our Sam!!

p.s. he loves Q-tips too!!must be a cat-thing
Old January 14th, 2005, 09:36 AM
Senior Contributor

Mona,my cats ALL love Q-tips...I don't use them but hubbie does,I make him put them in a bag before disposing of them,Vinnie actually tries to eat them,like everything else
You've all seen Vinnies eyes,but here's his pic again and he's not deaf
Attached Images

Old January 14th, 2005, 09:44 AM
Senior Contributor

LOL, Connor loves Q-tips too! He also likes to get his paws on those other cotton things that women use. CLEAN! He just bats them around and carries it from room to room...he tries to open the bathroom cupboard to get at them.... Such weird animals.
Old January 14th, 2005, 02:08 PM

deaf...

My cat, Chauncey is blue eyed & white w/ some very faint cream markings, not patches, and he isn't deaf... Maybe it's b/c he isn't all white...
Old January 14th, 2005, 02:16 PM
And Zoodle's Mom!

mona_b,

Maybe Casper thinks the Q-Tips are one of his own!!! Seeing as they are both fuzzy and white!!! LOL

My cats do the same thing.................and so does my dog!! He likes to lick them after I have cleaned his ears!