Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old July 25th, 2004, 09:11 AM

Something wrong with Pug

Last night I came up to the kitchen an noticed my pug wasn't on his pillow he was sleeping in our pantry so I picked him up and he started crying like when he gets shots and his butt painful. He was also very ridged and seemed very tired. I brought him over to his pillow and rubbed his back looking for bumps but I couldn't find any. He did seem to like the affection. This morning he was on his pillow and usually he jumps up and gets excited when we come downstairs, today he barely moved. He got up and sat under the table and shook. Everytime he went to stand he would shake some more and he walked around with his tail down. I went to grab him a dog treat and usually he gets excited when I open the jar but he didn't move just slightly perked up. He ate the treat but he didn't go near the food in his tray. He's just laying on the ground with his head in his paws. We took him for a walk and he loves going outside and usually he's pulling us, this morning he was about 10 steps behind me. He looks sad and he's defietly not himself. My dad usually cares for him and he's away for the weekend and I was wondering if it could be separation anxiety from my dad or if it's something else like he's sick.
Old July 25th, 2004, 01:51 PM
Senior Contributor

You need to get this little guy to a vet and not wait. Is there someone else that can help you? Your mom?