Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 3rd, 2008, 06:13 PM
Blue eyed funny farm

B's results

After Bailey giving up his appointment for sweet ol Belle, and then my internet line going down I havent been able to share the news!
As many of you know Bailey is our foster failure Cocker, who was apparently 4 years old... turns out after a few hundred dollars and countless vet visits as to why this 4 year old dog was fainting we discovered that B was in fact closer to 10-12 years old.
So that was a year and a bit ago. Safe to say he is roughly 13.5 ish now.

He obviously had his blood work done on Monday as due to circumstances we feel that its time for him to get on some heart medication to help him out ( his heart is the reason he was fainting)

They took his little blood sample and sat us in the waiting room ( my man actually came for one of his "kids" appointments) an emergency came in so we had to wait a bit longer than we normally would, no problem.

After we saw the owners of the little animal ( most likely a cat) come barreling into the clinic bawling and leave with a box (RIP little creature, your people tried the best they could... we heard it all) the mood was set for me... I figured B would have some bad results ( just the way it goes for me at the vets, if bad things are happening, I get bad results too)
NOT THIS TIME
The vet came out with the results and handed them to me ( I couldnt translate the dots if my life depended on it... but the fact that they all lined up right down the center with very little variance I figured this was good)
She was amazed! She congratulated us and said that what ever we were doing for B to not stop. She said she hoped her blood work came back that good when she is his age ( with the conversion obviously)
B's body is functioning great, she put him on a VERY low dose for his heart for now, but if in a month he has another episode all I have to do is call it in, she will send me the prescription

YAY Bailey