Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Closed Thread

Old November 6th, 2006, 04:04 PM

Am I doing the right thing?

I haven't been on in a while but this is the only place that has ever given me comfort when it comes to my cats. I have 4 cats and have always managed quite well. They have all been very healthty for the most part so vet bills are never a problem. Now I have a problem and I am not sure if I am doing the right thing. I recently got out of a 4 year relationship and had to move home with my parents. At first the cats had to stay in the garage because my dad was not having them in the house. After the first few cold days and many tears from me he agreed that I could put them in a spare bedroom where they would be warm. My parents have a dog which is why them being in the house is an issue but in the room they seem to be fine.... My parents and family and friends have all been telling me that its time to find them homes because I am not in a position to have them right now. My mom had called the local spca's to see if she could take them there, but I refuse. I rescued two of them and two of them are a product of my stray female. If I take them to the SPCA I am just adding to the problem I was trying to find a solution too. I have had them all since they were kittens and I do believe that if you get a pet you should have it for life. I guess my question is......am I a horrible person for making them live in that one room until I get my feet back on the gorund. I plan on getting my own place on the 1st of Jan which means they have 2 months to go being in that one room. They are fed and warm and healthy the only thing they seem to be missing is constant human contact. I do spend time with them every day and when my parents leave with the dog I let them out to venture. I don't want to give them away, I'm just in a rough spot right now, but am I being selfish by forcing them to live in that one room or will they survive the two months until Jan when life will be back to normal? I need advice from people that truly understand the relationships that we share with our pets!!!
Old November 6th, 2006, 04:17 PM

Duplicate post, closed to avoid confusion
Closed Thread