Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old December 4th, 2009, 10:55 PM
~Cat Servent~

Cool Hazel got neutered....

couldn't resist.....

Anyhow apologies for being MIA again, I've been taking lots of shifts at work and working longer shifts as we are getting busy for xmas....but wanted to let you know all the gang is doing good! Mickey got fixed and chipped etc today and all the gals at the vets loooove him, they all said it won't take long to get him adopted....which makes me kinda sad.... I'm ok if he has to stay here a little longer.... He's actually fitting in quite well with the others, and wouldn't settle down until I let him out with them when I brought him home, I tried to put him in the spare room to keep him quiet, but he just kept jumping from the bed to the door, knocking his head against the door. Now he's sleepin in the hallway in the kitty cabana, and the other kitties aren't bothering him at all, even Buddy only gave him one quick hiss, then after he gave him a sniff, he just walked away.

but he's nooooot staying....!!!!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old December 4th, 2009, 10:59 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

You goofball!! I wondered if you had an in and knew something we didn't about Madame Hazel. Like you stole her crystal ball or something. Was wondering how she'd appreciate you announcing her neutering publicly........

K, I just saw the other thread. Makes sense now.

Ok, back on topic. It's great Mickey got fixed and chipped. Did you get a break on price? And umm, sure Mickey's not staying. I thought hubby was claiming him for his own? I am glad he's fitting in with the rest so well. Mickey, not hubby. Guess he didn't turn on the charm when the folks came to visit?

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!

Last edited by 14+kitties; December 4th, 2009 at 11:05 PM.
Old December 4th, 2009, 11:00 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

for a quick recovery for the little tyke!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old December 5th, 2009, 12:31 AM
-

You know if you would keep him then you'd have 7 which is a lot luckier number than 6.

You could just put a red bow on his head and give him to hubby for xmas.

Glad to hear that Mickey is getting along well with the others now ....that's another good sign that he should stay with you.

Hope his recovery goes well.
Old December 5th, 2009, 11:28 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Um...yeah, but remember, kr...hazel had lucky 7 for just a short time before she moved on to bigger and better things

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old December 5th, 2009, 02:52 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
Um...yeah, but remember, kr...hazel had lucky 7 for just a short time before she moved on to bigger and better things
That's why we need to get you neutered.
Old December 5th, 2009, 02:59 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
kr and onster both have stated that I already am!

Where is that little "flipping the bird" smiley I used to have?

Old December 5th, 2009, 03:02 PM
~Cat Servent~

you guys are hilarious!

14, I actually went through the rescue for all of it, so if we do decide to keep him I'd have to pay the adoption fee. It's not that I don't want to keep him, I mean that's a no brainer of course I do....but we can't even afford the vet bills we have for our 6, so I just don't think we can swing it financially. And the stink was sort of overwhelming (7 cats+ small house= ), but I added two new rubbermaid type litter boxes and that dilemma is solved!

He was such a love bug last night....all over me trying to find the best warm snuggle spot....

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old December 5th, 2009, 03:04 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Yep, we had figured 7 was our vet-bill limit....and as it turns out, we were right... Some months, depending on what's happening, our cash flow is a bit limited--as in flowing into the vet... But we make do.

Old December 5th, 2009, 04:02 PM
-

Quote:
I thought , wow , Hazel is hiding something from us ....

krdahmer , sounds and smells like foster failure to me
Old December 5th, 2009, 08:20 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post

Where is that little "flipping the bird" smiley I used to have?
I got me a special one ....saving it for Chris.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post

krdahmer , sounds and smells like foster failure to me
Yep
Old December 5th, 2009, 10:43 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by krdahmer View Post
14, I actually went through the rescue for all of it, so if we do decide to keep him I'd have to pay the adoption fee. It's not that I don't want to keep him, I mean that's a no brainer of course I do....but we can't even afford the vet bills we have for our 6, so I just don't think we can swing it financially. And the stink was sort of overwhelming (7 cats+ small house= ), but I added two new rubbermaid type litter boxes and that dilemma is solved!
Mmm, that sounds familiar. If I let being able to afford vet bills stop me I wouldn't have nearly the number of kitties I have. C R E D I T !
I need to build another house for my kitties so I have a spot for more litter boxes.
If your house plans work out for next year then you will have a bigger house and 7 cats won't seem near as bad.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old December 5th, 2009, 10:54 PM
You can call me DOG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
You goofball!! I wondered if you had an in and knew something we didn't about Madame Hazel. Like you stole her crystal ball or something. Was wondering how she'd appreciate you announcing her neutering publicly........

K, I just saw the other thread. Makes sense now.
Trying to play catch up and couldn't find the other thread?

How's Mickey doing so far KRD?

Rest in Peace Bailey: 12/10/95-1/9/09 (Golden Retriever)
Rest in Peace Kitty: 7/1/2000 - 10/7/2013
Rest in Peace Gryphon (sounds like Griffin): 10/15/2004 - 11/18/2017 (English Springer Spaniel)
Bella: 3/09/2005 LHD Cat adopted by/from Child
Mollie: 6/2/2009 (English Setter)
Old December 5th, 2009, 11:01 PM
~Cat Servent~

He's doing great... slept most of the day and used the litter, doesn't seem to be overly licking or anything, still sticking to me like glue....but really that's just torture...

Old December 6th, 2009, 06:52 PM
-

Glad to hear that Mickey is doing well AND that he's working his charm on you.
Old December 6th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Senior Contributor

I'm glad he's okay. I wonder how long before you post he's home to stay.

I swear, if I had a bigger place, I would have come home with 3 more today.:sad:
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old December 6th, 2009, 08:03 PM
-

krd, you didn't include Mickey in TeriM's snuggle poll. :sad:
Old December 6th, 2009, 09:23 PM
-

Quote:
krd, you didn't include Mickey in TeriM's snuggle poll. :sad:
It's because she's in denial ..... give her a few weeks
Old December 6th, 2009, 10:59 PM
~Cat Servent~

(not really in denial....just trying to work out the finances!!! )