Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog training - dog behavior

Old February 25th, 2006, 06:40 AM

Amazing Disco Dog!

I wish I could train my dog to do 5 seconds of this. The amazing thing about this golden dancing is that the routine gets more and more amazing at the big finish approaches!

http://video.msn.com/v/us/v.htm?g=8a...eo_viralvideos
Old February 25th, 2006, 08:00 AM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

Imagine the hours that lady spent training her dog.. Amazing what time and patience can accomplish!

I've seen similar style exhibitions at the Royal. Hats off to those who can do that and the great dogs!
Old February 25th, 2006, 02:19 PM
Agility Addict

When I first saw their freestyle program, I actually cried at the "magic" of their connection. Dodger was only a pup and as a hound, was struggling with the basics.

But after watching it again, I still admire the bond they have but I can also see it as a string of obedience moves. Today, the only thing that Dodger can't do is trot backwards (he can walk but nothing faster yet)... Everything else in their program is stuff that he has mastered...it truly is amazing what can be accomplished over time.

Old February 26th, 2006, 02:53 AM
Senior Contributor

Oh, that is truly amazing! Thank you for that link! What I enjoy the most while watching it is the dog's look of pure enjoyment as they are performing. I had to watch all the clips. The cat talking was good too. The juggling act left me in awe!
Old February 26th, 2006, 08:19 AM
Personal servant to Joey

That is pretty cool - I dont think Joey could ever do that. He will follow me around the house right at my side if I just keep calling him. I think if I did some fancy dance moves and twirls around Joey we could fake it a bit. I don't think anyone would notice that we don't really know what were doing.

But seriously that was one great performance. It took me a while to figure out the women was dressed like Olivia in Grease.

Spay or neuter your girl or guy
Please dont let us multiply!
Old February 26th, 2006, 07:36 PM
-

Holy hannah-bananas - that was gob-smacking! Thanks for that!! Wowzer ...what impressed me most was the smile on the Goldie, s/he was just beaming with joy. Sigh....I'm jealous.