Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants

Closed Thread

Old February 6th, 2005, 07:33 AM
banned user

Red face How did a pet website turn UGLY???

I have just joined the pet website and am surprised at how many people are more interested in arguing than the real reason we are all members...for our pets!!!

WOW!!!

The world is already too full of rudeness, let's allow one outlet to keep us all friendly!!!
Old February 6th, 2005, 09:56 AM
Senior Contributor

You keep complaining about negativity...I honestly think you are the one with the negative attitude :sad: so cheer up,this IS a wonderful site with some great people
Old February 6th, 2005, 11:45 AM
Senior Contributor

Well said Chico,
Cirdie20.......If you mis-understand or mis-read a post you may find rudness if you are searching for it but generally you won't find it here......this is the second negative post I found this wonderful sunny sunday.......guess who posted them

Find another comment to your rudness here

My first post was welcomming you to the board this morning thinking that having a Aussie girl here would be great.......please don't make me regret posting that .......Hope you settle down before your rudness takes over things are generally friendly here lets keep it that way.
Cheers
Old February 6th, 2005, 02:08 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

I am going to have to disagree with you cridie20
I have found this website to be very infomatve and very friendly, most of the people here are great. And if our concern for animals and thier well being offend you, maybe you came to the wrong site .

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

~~Chief Seattle (Duwamish tribe)~~
Old February 6th, 2005, 02:39 PM
Senior Contributor

You took the words right out of my mouth Happycats!

I may not have been on this board for a very long time, but the only thing I have found here is nice people with helpfull information.

If everyone read and understood the 'READ BEFORE YOU POST' warnings, no one would get a so-called 'rude' response. In case you missed it, here it is:

Welcome to the Pets.ca free bulletin board. We hope you enjoy your visit. We hope you will share and learn from this site.

The pulse of this forum - Please read and get a feel for this Bulletin Board

First and foremost this forum is dedicated to providing useful information to pet owners on all matters pet related. Everyone is welcome and everyone is invited to read posts and to post questions and answers. That said, this board has been up for several years and it has developed a certain pulse. Most people on this forum are against declawing cats, and are against banning specific dog breeds. Most people on this forum are VERY pro spay/neuter. Most people on this board will beg, borrow and max out their credit cards to see a veterinarian when their pets are ill.

Posting rules - This bulletin board is a valuable free resource. As such please respect the rules

We at Pets.ca subscribe to the philosophy that all pets MUST be treated ethically and responsibly.
Anyone posting that their pet suffers from any condition that requires immediate veterinary care is in our opinion an irresponsible pet owner and is ON THE WRONG BULLETIN BOARD.

Do not post questions that require immediate veterinary care. Instead, pretend that your dog or cat that is suffering is your mother, father or child. What would you do then? You would take them to a doctor immediately. If you are reading this and you are saying to yourself but it's just a dog, a cat a......., then you are on the wrong board. We are proud that the VAST majority of registered members SHARE our philosophy. If you are writing about someone else's pet, still don't post on this site. Tell them to take their pet to a veterinarian.

THE INTERNET IS NOT THE PLACE TO SEEK EMERGENCY VETERINARY MEDICAL ADVICE.

If your pet is seriously ill, bleeding, can't move, hasn't pooped or peed in a couple of days, is vomiting, has green mucus coming out of the nose or eyes, hasn't eaten or drank in a few days, is pooping blood, is coughing blood, has a bloated tummy, cries when touched or picked up.....Then please take the poor animal to the VETERINARIAN ASAP.......Do not waste precious time posting on this or other bulletin boards or chartrooms. Your pet needs to be seen by a real live veterinarian immediately. Many pets have died waiting for advice when they should have been at the doctor's office.

Veterinarians on this board only answer a small number of all questions asked and WILL NOT answer any life threatening questions whatsoever.

If you cannot afford vet care - Check to see if your vet or another vet can take payments, or check to see if any veterinary school or college facility can help. Call your local humane shelter or a local rescue organization to see if they can help. The SPCA has written this article that may help you with additional ideas. To avoid getting yourself in a financial bind, pet insurance is a great idea.

TROLLING - SPAMMING - SWEARING - RUDENESS - SELLING etc.

Anyone posting that their pet is suffering from a condition that requires emergency medical treatment is assumed to be trolling. Trolling is when people post messages deliberately to inflame other users. We will not tolerate this and can and will ban people without warning, and delete all their posts. Registering more than one identity is grounds for banning. Swearing and being deliberately rude to other members is not permitted on this site which is often used by children of school age who seek advice and information. Slandering any person or organization is not permitted. If you want to warn people about another person or organization then you may only do so by private messaging or by emailing those people directly, never in any open forum. Spamming, selling anything of any kind, or linking to any commercial site, even in your signature is prohibited. Again we can and will ban/delete you for not following the rules.

Over 95% of the people that come to this site respect the rules, and we thank all of you. You have made this site one of the best pet information sites on the Internet. You have our thanks and our gratitude. We even apologize for having to write all of these rules and redundant information. Unfortunately 5% of all our visitors still add up to a lot of wasted time and aggravation.

All that said, we hope that all of you who are left enjoy your visit and learn from this site.

Thank you,

The Pets.ca site and bulletin board administrators

I think your thread speaks volumes on who is trying to pick a fight around here.
Have a nice weekend!

Deep thought, by Jack Handey : "I think my new thing will be to try to be a real happy guy. I'll just walk around being real happy until some jerk says something stupid to me."
Old February 6th, 2005, 02:56 PM
banned user

Gee Cridie, you coming here and saying this makes me think you're not really new... had a different screen name before? Hmmm?
Old February 6th, 2005, 02:58 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

hmmm
Who is doing popcorn tonight??
I'll hurry and get the tequila!! and pull up a space on the couch

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

Old February 6th, 2005, 03:02 PM

mmmmmmmmmm nachos and cheese please!
Old February 6th, 2005, 03:03 PM
banned user

I would much rather have nachos than popcorn (this way I will not have to dig in my teeth afterwards)
Old February 6th, 2005, 03:41 PM
Senior Contributor

what the...

Quote:
How did a pet website turn UGLY???

Well, sugar, I am FAR from ugly!!!

This site is filled with VERY PASSIONATE animal lovers!! That's all, no cause for alarm. The only thing "ugly" are the situations that are sometimes presented to the forum, i.e. byb, puppy mills, breed banning, vet dodgers and petowners who come here for self justification.

that's the short version, just keep in mind that "good" discussions usually take different tones throughout.(At least that's my opinion)

Now, pass the popcorn...what say guys? Do I need my suit????
Old February 6th, 2005, 03:45 PM
banned user

Cridie20

Never a good idea.
Old February 6th, 2005, 03:57 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

LOL Bugsy,
How fitting !!!

Old February 6th, 2005, 03:58 PM
banned user

Yes! I hate to be poked! :sad: By a stick..........
Old February 6th, 2005, 03:59 PM
Senior Contributor

Hey!! There's those cool smileys again!! Where did you get them??
Old February 6th, 2005, 04:05 PM
banned user

Sorry, just testing
Old February 6th, 2005, 04:05 PM
Senior Contributor

You guys are just a bunch of nuts
Old February 6th, 2005, 04:06 PM
banned user

I found this cool smiley page TM! Check it out.

http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/.../pageindex.htm
Click on the name of the one you want and to the left of it you can copy and paste the link.
Old February 6th, 2005, 04:08 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

hey Bugsy and sneaky, howd you do that ??

Old February 6th, 2005, 04:11 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

Just testing

Old February 6th, 2005, 04:11 PM
banned user

There ya go!
Old February 6th, 2005, 04:12 PM
banned user

Old February 6th, 2005, 04:17 PM
banned user

Don't mind me, I'm just having fun...

Look at this huggy one!
Old February 6th, 2005, 04:20 PM
Senior Contributor

I am trying can't get it to work...
Old February 6th, 2005, 04:22 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

I'm having fun

Old February 6th, 2005, 04:24 PM
banned user

Chico, copy and paste this in the reply box, then take out the spaces before and after the word pages Well crap, that didn't work
Old February 6th, 2005, 04:26 PM
banned user

http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys...s/jacknbox.htm Go to this page and where it has a link starting with [IMG], copy and paste the whole sentence including the IMG in the front and back.
Old February 6th, 2005, 04:31 PM
Senior Contributor

Ok I'll try again [/img]
Old February 6th, 2005, 04:33 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

I think we got way off topic.

Oh well, anyone care to join me !!!

Old February 6th, 2005, 04:33 PM
banned user

http://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawk...wpage08/11.gif Before this there should be [img] and then after it should be [/img] So copy and paste what's highlighted here and then add [img] before it and [/img] after it with no spaces.
Old February 6th, 2005, 04:36 PM
banned user

That's right! You just forgot one bracket at the end ]
Closed Thread