Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Closed Thread

Old February 7th, 2007, 08:27 AM

Cat not moving properly

Hi, I've noticed over the last couple of days that my cat who is about 7 years old is having trouble walking/sitting etc..it seems to be his hip area thats troubling him..he can only walk a few steps before he has to sit down again, and it takes him a few tries before he can actually settle down and sit..also, when he gets up he wobbles at his hind end a little..and seems to walk slightly stretching his back legs..he won't climb anything anymore..not even stairs or up onto the couch. I have seen him pee..but not poo.
I would be greatfull if someone could shed some light on this for me as we are getting really worried.
thanks.
Old February 7th, 2007, 08:55 AM

Your cat needs to see a vet ASAP.
Old February 7th, 2007, 09:58 AM

YES, please get your cat to the vet! It sounds like you are worried for a reason.
Old February 7th, 2007, 06:04 PM
Queen

Emergency vet asap. Sounds like he's blocked and in pain.
Old February 7th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Senior Contributor

Please please please get your cat to a vet ASAP
Old February 7th, 2007, 07:32 PM
-

I hope you've taken your cat to the vet by now....please post with an update.
Old February 7th, 2007, 10:26 PM

well..the cat has yet to be taken to a vet, mainly for monetary reasons..I AM keeping a very close eye on him, and he did poo this evening in the litterbox..chocolatey brown and a decent amount..tho it was in a dozen or so pieces..nothing longer than a half inch. there didn't seem to be anything wrong with it or in it..and he is still peeing normally. He also isn't making any vocal complaint about pain or anything..so It doesn't seem to be anything in his bowels or his urinary tract..hopefully. He does squeak a little and even hiss of you put pressure on either side of his upper hind legs tho..making me think its either muscle or joint related..we are trying to get my father-in-law to pay for the vet bill and take him in asap..I really hate seeing him shuffle around like this :/ we have a staircase with a wide railing on it at the top..I'm wondering if maybe he was up there and fell the 15 or so feet to the bottom of the stairs and didn't land right. but..hopefully vet will be in the next day or two..and we'll find out then I guess :/
Old February 7th, 2007, 11:10 PM

Please do not wait to take your cat to the vet. The issues you are describing are urgent and your cat needs medical care right away.

Thread closed.

Please post again with an update after your cat has been seen by a veterinary professional.
Closed Thread