Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old October 15th, 2007, 06:09 PM

Two Cats Missing - Alcona, Innisfil

Hi,

I have lost two cats, both are sisters, and I have been unable to find them.

1. The first one I lost around the 12th of August, she is spayed, almost two and a half years old. Here is a picture of her:

2. The second one I lost around the 3rd of October, she is also spayed and around the same age. Here is her picture:

Please, if you see them, let me know ASAP. Contact me at:

aoanisimov@hotmail.com
Old October 16th, 2007, 10:47 AM
-

They are a pretty pair, Have you listed them with the Alliston Humane Society, they have a lost and found page and may be able to help you. Hope you find your girls soon.
Old October 16th, 2007, 12:43 PM
Senior Contributor

It's very suspicious, that both are lost. Do you have a neighbour who hates cats, or do you have wild life that may prey on your cats? I hope I am completelywrong, and they make their way home
Old October 16th, 2007, 11:12 PM

About neighbors, I've got a funny one that I don't like, we let our cat go outside sometimes, both would often hang out on his front porch or play in his backyard. He is also a really quiet person, but I don't know what goes on.
I have a dog, she got along well with the two.
I still have 1 cat with me, I remember all 3 of them getting along.
Maybe it's the wildlife but I'm not all so sure. There might be coyotes somewhere around, but I really don't know.
Old October 17th, 2007, 08:31 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

I find it coincidental that two are missing. Are you able to see into your neighbours backyard at night to look for a trap?

If one of my cats went missing, that would be the end of letting any of my cats out unsupervised.
Old October 17th, 2007, 08:43 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumpy View Post
About neighbors, I've got a funny one that I don't like, we let our cat go outside sometimes, both would often hang out on his front porch or play in his backyard. He is also a really quiet person, but I don't know what goes on.

I would put posters p and hand him one to see his reaction...I just don't like that both are missing. Again, there may be a coyote preying in the area and got both...which does not make it any better, but at least with the coyote it was a natural part of life. Can you ask some neighbours if they lost their cats in the area?
Old October 17th, 2007, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
I find it coincidental that two are missing. Are you able to see into your neighbours backyard at night to look for a trap?

If one of my cats went missing, that would be the end of letting any of my cats out unsupervised.
Yeah, I have a good view of their backyard, I haven't seen any trap, but I'll watch out for those.
As for letting my cats outside... I've learned that the hard way.

And everyone, thank you so much for the help and tips, it's great to see people who actually care.
Old August 25th, 2008, 11:28 PM

Great News

Great news, we have found one of them completely by luck. (Found the one on the second picture).
It seems that when she was wandering outside, someone picked her up and gave her to a close relative as a gift. The lady is very happy and we do not plan on taking the cat back since she has already become part of the new family.

We're going camping, so we decided to give our pets to our grandma for three days. We came with a pet fish and met the neighbour next door, she wanted to introduce us to her cat, we said that would be nice, and there she was, it was a reunion. We didn't tell the lady that the cat previously belonged to us, we're just happy she's alive and well!

As for the first one, she is still missing sadly, so if you have any information regarding her location, please let me know.

And I can only thank God for bringing me to my cat, God is there when you really need him.
Old August 26th, 2008, 09:13 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

I am glad you found one of them , hopefully her sister is also living the good life in somebody elses home.

I don't think I could have kept quiet about her. Did she recognize you?

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old August 30th, 2008, 03:27 PM

Well, she didn't start going crazy when she saw us, I'm sure she's adapted to her new home.
I'm just extremely happy she's alive and certainly well... Still remember those days when she would come knocking on the door, still have her scratch marks on the walls of the house, don't plan on removing them anytime soon.