Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old January 10th, 2011, 07:44 PM

Question Hi Can you guys help me?

Im new to the forum and looking for some help.

I currently have three cats plus one that is my mothers. My mom has given me the go ahead that I can have one more cat BUT it has to be my dream cat the Sphynx.

Now I have never contacted a breeder before as my current cats are your common street variety

So I found a breeder I liked the looks of in Ontario Canada and contacted them a week ago. Problem is I have heard back from them and I introduced myself and my cats and now I feel really embarressed

Is there anyone on this board that could possible point me towards a breeder they know of?

Id really appreciate it

Thanks.
Old January 11th, 2011, 01:14 AM
Doggie Wench

I'm not sure I understand. Are you in Ontario? Did the breeder respond to you?

I don't know of any breeders but there are 12 Sphynx cats with rescues located in the US on Petfinder. http://www.petfinder.com/pet-search?...rless%20Cat%29

If you would consider adopting a homeless Sphynx, there are rescues that you may want to look at. Just Google "Sphynx cat rescue" and look around at what's available. Good luck .
Old January 11th, 2011, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckypenny View Post
I'm not sure I understand. Are you in Ontario? Did the breeder respond to you?

I don't know of any breeders but there are 12 Sphynx cats with rescues located in the US on Petfinder. http://www.petfinder.com/pet-search?...rless%20Cat%29

If you would consider adopting a homeless Sphynx, there are rescues that you may want to look at. Just Google "Sphynx cat rescue" and look around at what's available. Good luck .
Sorry left out some bits!

Yup Im in Ontario and no the breeder hasnt responded so I feel kinda silly for emailing them

I have looked at rescues the downside is neither are me and my mom comfortable with someone coming into our home and looking around. So that rules rescues out. I have been checking kijiji for possible rehoming Sphynx but have not come across any.

Thats why I was wondering if any one had ideas of breeders.

Thanks
Old January 11th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Many animals are adopted out across the country so it may not be that a rescue will come into your home. The advantage is that you would probably know of any health issues that may not be realized when the cat is a kitten.

I wouldn't be embarrassed about e-mailing the breeder and give the breeder time to get back to you. Who knows, they may be on the road attending cat shows

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old January 11th, 2011, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
Many animals are adopted out across the country so it may not be that a rescue will come into your home. The advantage is that you would probably know of any health issues that may not be realized when the cat is a kitten.

I wouldn't be embarrassed about e-mailing the breeder and give the breeder time to get back to you. Who knows, they may be on the road attending cat shows
If I dont hear back from this breeder there is one more I will give a shot, whos website Ive seen. If not Ill look into a rescue but again if they want to come and do a home visit thatll be a no go as my mom especially is a private person and isnt fond of people coming into the house.

Yeh I say its been about week since I emailed them and Im a really shy person so feel embarrassed that Ive put myself out there.

Im aiming next year for a kitten or cat (preferable a kitten as my group responded better to a kitten last time then they did to an adult) as I have some things this that I would like to do and have done before bringing it home.
Old January 11th, 2011, 11:28 AM

oooo I have another question does anyone know of catshows here in Ontario. I have never really looked into the catworld of shows and breeds so this all new to me.
Old January 11th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Here is a link:

http://www.cca-afc.com/en/show_info/index.html

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey