Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old March 12th, 2009, 03:38 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

The fun never ends

Any one want a couple of slightly feral kitties? Should only take a year or so to tame them.
I had the trap set because I knew something was eating the food in the garage. I figured maybe that orange cat I saw in the catuary found his way out somehow (I haven't seen him over there) and to the garage. So....... checked the trap this morning and, not one but two! The gray one is huge! He must have been trying pretty hard to get out of the trap. His face is pretty banged up. I will keep an eye on it. The little one looks a lot like Li'l Momma :sad:and very small. I don't think he is much more than a year at the most. Yes, both males. I saw the "marbles" when they were freaking out in the crate I put them in.
So......... I will wait till they calm a bit and see about getting them fixed. I don't think I will be able to tame the big guy but there may be hope for the little one. Will have to wait and see I guess.
They sure made a mess of the clean crate in a hurry. Spilled litter all over. That's what is on the side of the crate. No manners!! Sheesh!!
Attached Images

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!

Last edited by 14+kitties; March 12th, 2009 at 03:50 PM.
Old March 12th, 2009, 03:43 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

That little one sure looks sweet. The big guy looks like he's going to be a challenge, though

I hope he didn't mess up his face too badly

Did you crate them together?

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old March 12th, 2009, 03:49 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Yep. Only have the one available crate at the moment and I had to take it out of the kitties house. I figured they were in the trap together. They probably were travelling together. They would be more stressed if I separated them.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old March 12th, 2009, 03:59 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

That's what I was wondering--if they'd be more comfy together than apart. At least they have one familiar thing to cling to while they're adjusting.

Well...besides...how would you separate them? You'd likely need chainmail gloves.

You're an angel to take care of them, 14+!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old March 12th, 2009, 04:14 PM
150% PRO S/N

Chainmail for sure! I have no idea how I am going to get them into separate carriers to get them fixed. Will deal with it when I have to.

Old March 12th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Senior Contributor

OMG 14+,see what I mean,you certainly have enough to deal with.
The bigger kitty has jowels(sp?) and a big head,just like the one I found today,except he's black/white.
How do these kitties survive,still manage to put weight on
These two look like the others,someone must have been very busy over the years making kittens:sad:
Old March 12th, 2009, 04:32 PM
150% PRO S/N

Yeah but chico, what's one or two more.
The big one is older but I don't think it is that old. Maybe 4 or 5. There obviously is a larger feral population back in the bush then I thought. I have gone for walks back there but never see anything. Of course they would all run and hide if they see anyone coming.
I don't know how they manage to survive with the coyotes there too. I know there are quite a few coyotes. They must have taken down a deer last week. The howling was outrageous one night.
The little guy looks so much like Li'l Momma my heart aches looking at him. :sad:
Oh, and how they survive....... they come to my place and eat the food I leave out.

Old March 12th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Senior Contributor

Yes,the little one looks very sweet,I think the big boy is beautiful,probably can take care of himself pretty good.
Be careful ok
Old March 12th, 2009, 05:10 PM
~Cat Servent~

Aw two more lucky enough to happen upon 14+'s sanctuary!!! (smart guys!) His face doesn't look too bad in the pic, papa cat's was pretty messed up when I took him in, but cleared up and looked 80% better in just a week, I'm amazed at how efficiently those outdoor kitties heal (their bodies must speed it up for survival maybe)... I'm sure a few days of good food and warmth will bring them around a bit.

If you want my other cage or a spare pair of hands just let me know, although I know you and hubby already have it down to a science! Maybe those guys could join KMC? You never know...

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old March 12th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Senior Contributor

wow 14 that big fella looks like he is ready to pounce, hopefully you can get him to come around, the little one is adorable, thank goodness for ppl like you
Old March 12th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Senior Contributor

14+, you're an angel. The big guy is probably scared out of his wits I gather. And the little guy is adorable. Good luck with these two. I wish there was something I could do to help you.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old March 12th, 2009, 08:15 PM
Senior Contributor
Typing Test Champion, Curveball Champion, Mahjong Champion, Zookeeper Champion

The big guy doesn't look too happy with you at the moment. He'll take a long time to come around I would think. Mind you it could just because he's scared at the moment. He may turn out to be a real sweetheart yet.

Cindy
Old March 12th, 2009, 09:31 PM
Jag and Gingers dad

The little guy looks like a real sweety.the big boy does not look impressed at all.If he wasn't in a crate then you would have to sleep with one open with the look he's giving you.
Old March 12th, 2009, 09:37 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by krdahmer View Post
If you want my other cage or a spare pair of hands just let me know, although I know you and hubby already have it down to a science! Maybe those guys could join KMC? You never know...
Aww thanks kr! I am ok for now. As long as no one else shows up. We will see how the kitties go. They are both very handsome. I can hope they will be tameable but not holding my breath. As for going in with Kitty, not a good idea. He is still a cranky boy some days. He likes to attack my arm. I can't see him being happy with two wild kitties close by. We'll think of something.

Old March 12th, 2009, 09:37 PM
-

ohhh the grey one doesn't look too happy !! if only they could understand that they have been saved ! by an
Old March 12th, 2009, 09:38 PM
150% PRO S/N

angeldogs! You may be right!!
I will take my time. You never know what may happen. I just hope they don't escape when I try to feed them or clean the crate. That's gonna be fun!

Old March 12th, 2009, 10:02 PM
Jag and Gingers dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
I will take my time. You never know what may happen. I just hope they don't escape when I try to feed them or clean the crate. That's gonna be fun!
That will be an interesting adventure.good luck with that.
Old March 12th, 2009, 10:10 PM
You can call me DOG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
They should be just fine After all what better hands to be in then the Cat Whisperer
Good luck 14+

Rest in Peace Bailey: 12/10/95-1/9/09 (Golden Retriever)
Rest in Peace Kitty: 7/1/2000 - 10/7/2013
Rest in Peace Gryphon (sounds like Griffin): 10/15/2004 - 11/18/2017 (English Springer Spaniel)
Bella: 3/09/2005 LHD Cat adopted by/from Child
Mollie: 6/2/2009 (English Setter)
Old March 12th, 2009, 10:11 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
ohhh the grey one doesn't look too happy !! if only they could understand that they have been saved ! by an
Not sure if they have been saved either. Time will tell. I hope I can eventually put them where they will be safe but it will depend on how they settle. Right now they are probably thinking I am going to hurt them. :sad:

Old March 12th, 2009, 11:39 PM
Senior Contributor
Typing Test Champion, Curveball Champion, Mahjong Champion, Zookeeper Champion

You be careful when you start putting your hands and arms in that crate. Long sleeves and gloves for sure, I get the feeling big boy there might want to express his displeasure.
Hopefully a few days of seeing you providing food will mellow him out some.

You watch, he'll be the tame one and the little guy will give you all the grief.

Cindy
Old March 13th, 2009, 12:04 AM

Nice job catching the 2 for 1 special

for these two guys

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old March 13th, 2009, 06:57 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by growler View Post
Nice job catching the 2 for 1 special
Good one, growler.

I don't get as many strays around as you do, 14+, but still enough that come around to make me so angry at people. :sad:

Good luck with these boys.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old March 13th, 2009, 07:03 AM
Senior Contributor

I think every cat-person knows how dangerous a terrified cat can be,take Rocky or Vinnie,I don't think my vet think's they are nice cats,no matter how much I tell him,they are normally very loving
that's the case with this big boy,that he's not bothering the little one is a good sign,right
Old March 13th, 2009, 10:12 AM
-

14k strikes again , I should get Ethel down there with you, they always got her to deal with the ferals when she worked in the shelter, Do you have a pair of the long armed gloves Gerri?

The kitty-condo has wheels on it
Old March 13th, 2009, 10:34 AM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21711 View Post
14k strikes again , I should get Ethel down there with you, they always got her to deal with the ferals when she worked in the shelter, Do you have a pair of the long armed gloves Gerri?

Ethel is fearless!! Hubby told me yesterday I had more balls then he did after I moved the cats from the trap to the crate on my own. I didn't really move them. I just opened the trap and dealt with the aftermath. They went into the crate and went a little nutso for a while. They eventually settled down. Nope, no long armed gloves. In fact only gloves I have are winter ones. Think they'll work?

The kitty-condo has wheels on it
WHOO HOOO!!!!! Fabulous!!

I just came back in from feeding everyone and am now having breaky before I go to work. I went into the garage first to feed the new ones. Big guy stayed at the back of the crate except for one time when I put my hand on the top of the crate. He ran at it then retreated. The little one did some spitting and growling but he pretty much stayed at the back too. I used a broom handle to push the food dishes close to the door so I could open it and get the dishes, filled them and the water bowl and put them all back in. They watched me closely but didn't budge. I talked to them the whole time of course. I checked before I came back in. They have eaten probably half the food I put in. That's good.
Big guy has a goopy eye. I don't know if that's from trying to escape the trap yesterday or if he is sick. When we take him to get fixed I will see if they will do a feline leukemia and a few other tests too. Hopefully he is ok or I won't be able to put them with the rest.

Old March 13th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Senior Contributor

wow 14+ two in one shot!

Big guy does look kinda rough but it seems to be me maybe he was hurt before he got in the cage?

You are such a

You should invest in those suits divers wear when they go swimming with sharks

"No, Bunduk, Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!"
Old March 13th, 2009, 10:37 AM
Senior Contributor

oooorrr there are those gloves that you can wear when working with a mandalin in the kitchen (instead of using the handguard)

and WOHOOO for them eating!!

Old March 13th, 2009, 10:42 AM
150% PRO S/N

No onster. I think he was hurt trying to escape the trap. His poor nose was. It was all scraped and bloody. Looks a lot better today. It's his eye I am worried about now. I think between the trap and the little guy being in there with him and panicking he got scratched pretty good.
You can tell these two have been together for quite a while. They are like glue. The little one was lying on top of the big one when I went back in today. It's kind of sweet. They probably look out for each other in the bush.

Old March 13th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Senior Contributor

awwww that is too cute.

maybe theres something you can put in their water/food to promote healing till you get them to the clinic. I have no idea what but maybe a supplement (like when i put Lysine in my kitties food for URI).

In any case, a banged up nose from trying to get out of a trap isnt nearly as bad as the fates he couldve had outside in the bush.

Old March 13th, 2009, 10:50 AM
-

Yep Ethel is kinda fearless when it comes to animals...funny though, yell at her and she is in tears...weird kid..oh well, Pepe is her Father

Don't you have any work gloves or something a little more solid than winter gloves 14k? A little more protection would be better.

It seems from what you say they are a bonded pair, so sweet Maybe the big guy will at least hang around like Stormy does and not go back to the wild. How is she doing? Are any other cats using the garage and those dandy little houses you made for them in there?.......I know, questions, questions