Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old June 12th, 2003, 10:33 PM

Unhappy No Money for 'just in case' for my sick dog

I have a three year old Pembroke Welsh Corgie that last night began to 'choke' and vomited a clear/whitish/thick liquid and this morning through evening (it has been about twenty four hours) has stoped the choking/coughing and has just been very lethargic and has not been eating or wanting to play, she didn't even want to go for a car ride earlier today!! I have searched through this site and the responces for things that sound similar to Rose's problems have been to go to the vet 'just in case', right now I really don't have the money for a 'just in case' visit. If anyone has any advise or their pet has been through something similar, PLEASE RESPOND!! I am very worried about her and can borrow money if it is serious, but if it boils down to a doggie virus, then we may just have some cuddle time and suffer through it. Thanks for any input!!
Old June 13th, 2003, 08:43 AM

Exclamation Sounds like an obstruction

This sounds EXACTLY like what happened to my cat.

The cat had a bowel obstruction...a bird head had actually got stuck in her intestine and blocked it up almost completely. She vomited and then became absolutely lethargic and would not eat drink or really move around at all.

It cost me 500 dollars to have it removed. x-rays, surgery fluids etc.

Even if it is not an obstruction, your dog`s symptoms sound extremely serious, even life threatening. A visit to the vet is IMPERATIVE.

I would also say that getting some pet insurance given your financial situation would be a good idea.

Good luck,

U.F.
Old June 13th, 2003, 04:16 PM

Go to the vet ASAP!!! If the dog had a little choke and was fine later on I would just say watch and see, but in this case seeing as the dog is past choking and now lethargic you should definitely seek out a vet’s opinion as this is serious. If a dog is acting way out of the norm and especially if it is going on 24 hours it is time to find out what is going on. For the future it may be a good idea to put away funds for just such thing. Good luck and please let us know what happens.