Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Thank you - Heros big and small

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 6th, 2009, 11:04 AM
Senior Contributor

Maddox and I say thank you all

I wanted to take the time to thank members here that have followed my journey with Maddox. I wish to give a special thanks all those that have contributed in helping Maddox get the medical care that was and still is required. I do not know who you all are as I know most of you by your Pets.ca names. You know who you are...and I want to give you my gratitude.

To date, I have been in constant fundraising mode to offset his medical expenses which is ridiculously high. So far with donations and the fundraising I have been able to contribute $1624.29 towards his care. Many people have come together to make this happen.

Maddox is doing great. His heartworm treatment has been successful thus far but we still have a long road ahead of us. He wants so much to play but unfortunately I must keep him as quiet as possible - a difficult task!

He is not scheduled for his leg surgery until February or March, but with pain meds - we are able to wait.

During this time, and with Maddox getting stronger, I have to tell you that his true character has emerged. He still is a loving boy, respectful and trustworthy. He has definately got a bounce in his step now and he is picking up some habits from my brat Julia. Both are two pees in a pod - causing a little rackus in the neighbour with the other dogs, but luckily he understands what is acceptable and what is not. It will be work in progress but I am up for this challenge.

I also found out that Maddox had an imbedded collar that healed very badly (I actually found out a while ago but neglected to post this). Also, he has been beaten in the past...badly as just the sight of a stick or even a raw hide bone causes him to duck, hide and pee all over the place. My poor boy.:sad: On the up side - he is starting to understand that hands are for loving, petting and hugging - and I have to tell you that he is lavishing in this 'luxury'. All is going very well thus far.

Maddox also is a clown. Every morning at 6 am when my alarm goes off, and I refuse to get out of bed - he will take my sheets and bedding off of me and start barking...I guess it's time to get up! My personal bath time is not all that personal anymore. He will stay in the bathroom with me (along with 5 cats and Julia) and when he feels it's time for me to get out of my luxury - he will steal my PJs and slippers. What a character.

So thank you once again to those that continue this journey. I luv you all so very much....and so does Maddox!