Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old September 29th, 2005, 10:34 AM
Helicopter Champion

Official Destruction Thread

Looked through the forum but could not find anything similiar so hope I'm not repeating a prior posting. Thought we could use an official doggy/kitty destruction thread to show off some of the damage that the kids have done. Thankfully I have no pictures to show of Monty (he's only ever pulled kleenex out of the garbage) or Jack (yet, )

A while back we thought that Lucy was ready for some daytime 'freedom'. Amoungst other things, she got into the habit of pulling all rugs and carpets into one room and stacking them up while we were out. While my wife was off looking for the camera to preserve what she did, Lucy thought that the top of the pile was a good place to hang out.

The next couple of pics all occurred within a two hour span between my wife leaving for work after lunch to when I go home after work. Not shown is similiar door casing damage on the other side of the door. Following this, I sentenced Lucy to indefinite crate arrest. That was 9 months ago ... the sentence is still in effect.

Old September 29th, 2005, 10:42 AM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

oh dear, looks like my house on a good day!
Old September 29th, 2005, 10:55 AM
Senior Contributor

OMG, that ball! The ball in the first pic, the white one w/ feet, we have one - now without feet. It's Tucker's favorite toy - even without feet, and it no longer squeeks.

Nice damage pics though!
Old September 29th, 2005, 11:06 AM
Helicopter Champion

None of the pups really took to the Good Cuz. It is still in reasonable shape. Several months after getting it, we bought a Franken Cuz (the green one). It was retired to the landfill last night (neck bolts were the first to go, both feet went in the last two weeks. Big hole in the head last night)
Old September 29th, 2005, 12:46 PM
Senior Contributor

Santa falls to the thrashing jaws of Abby at Christmas . . . .

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca
Old September 29th, 2005, 01:09 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh the pictures I would have... I refused to take photos of Layla's destruction, because I don't want to be reminded of it. But seeing others' destructions make me feel a little better.
Old September 30th, 2005, 01:57 AM
Not-so-senior member

We actually keep this hideous chair--on purpose--just so the cats can use it as a scratching post. It's tucked into a corner of the den where I hate it every time I look at it, but it saves the rest of our furniture. Every time a kitty starts to scratch on the "good" furniture, they get picked up and brought to "The Throne," as we call it. I'd love to at least put a slip cover on it, but what's the point? It's whole existence, at this point, is to be clawed.

Thank god, our doggies are out of the destructive stage. Our GSD however freaks out over critters in the yard--deer, occasional bears, rabbits, raccoons, stray dogs/cats--and jumps up on the window sills barking, leaving nice big gouges in the wood. And our other pup broke a window pane once, when she had the kong on a rope retrieval toy--which she whipped back and forth and let fly...right into large window. That's now an outdoor toy only.

As someone else put it in another thread--the hidden expenses of pet ownership!
Attached Images

My Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/allezany/
Rommel at www.dogster.com/?229253
MooShu at www.dogster.com/?229250
LucyLoo at www.catster.com/?229801
Ruby at www.catster.com/?229807
Old September 30th, 2005, 11:17 AM

Ok. I watch too much tv... I recognized the ING direct guy on the tv...
Old September 30th, 2005, 12:49 PM
Helicopter Champion

ha ha, yeah. He was keeping the dogs company while we were at work ... too bad he didn't do a better job making Lucy behave.
Old September 30th, 2005, 11:41 PM

She's rebelling against his line "save your money". "Noooo," she says, "WASTE money!!"
Old September 30th, 2005, 11:43 PM
Flyball Mom

This is just some Willow damage.... she liked drywall. This, of course, does not include several pairs of shoes and slippers, blankets, my school pictures, remote controls, first time discovering toilet paper, etc.

www.dogster.com/dogs/563959

If you learn one new thing from each person you meet, you will be a fountain of knowledge and your life complete. --Me
Old October 1st, 2005, 12:34 AM

I love doggies. :love: What Boo does is he gets tired, lies on his side and then when he wakes up he stays on his side and chews on the table legs...

We don't really care, but then he did it to my ***'s $7000 dining room table. (I censored it because he doesn't know yet, even though it happened at least 3 years ago... and he'll probably know it's him because he's the only one in the world with a $7000 dining room table... )

Oh I forgot, one time, I threw the ball in my dad's prestine apartment and hit a huge violet plant and broke about a 1/3 off of it. I carefully put it back and then later, my dad was stretching and knocked it off. You should have seen his face... His wife is VERY attached to her plants... His first instinct was to put it back too... Oops, I guess that's not a dog story.. But it almost is...

Last edited by Prin; October 1st, 2005 at 12:38 AM.
Old October 1st, 2005, 12:09 PM
cat slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prin
His wife is VERY attached to her plants... His first instinct was to put it back too... Oops, I guess that's not a dog story.. But it almost is...

hey!! plants have feelings too!!
Old October 1st, 2005, 01:33 PM

You don't have to tell me.. I had to sit through 26 lectures with a prof who kept telling us that if you rip off a branch of a tree, the physiological response is similar to ripping of an arm... I respect trees, but I think maybe the response is in proportion to the size of the plant...
Old October 1st, 2005, 04:51 PM
cat slave

wow what classes do you take?!?! no wonder you hate school lol

environmentalists can be so hard core. But well I wouldn't hurt a tree either.

I'm still trying to get used to my friend's new vegetarianism fad and her growing environmentalist views.
sigh...i hope she's not part of this forum lol but really in her case vegetarianism is just a good excuse for her extreme picky eating.
Old October 1st, 2005, 07:14 PM

Oh, my brother is a VEGAN! No dairy, no HONEY! Coming from a long line of folk who would leave the bread and just eat the meat out of a sandwich, it's really extreme. My dad was a partial veggie (only fish) but that was for health reasons and now that he's on Atkins, it's very shocking to see him eat chicken.

That class was an intro to organisms type class where 3 profs each taught their specialties- microorganisms, plants and lastly vertebrates. Could have been fun but all the memorizing of bacteria and protozoan latin names killed it for me.