Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) a dog - listings

Old February 16th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Senior Contributor

Wow,it would be great if they'd get a home together,I am surprised they are still available:sad:
Old February 16th, 2009, 08:23 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

that this works out and they get a home together!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old February 16th, 2009, 09:17 PM
-

Thank you Marko and Diamondsmum for all your help today
Old February 16th, 2009, 09:31 PM
ZiggyZuzuZoeyRaggzy&Keena

Sooooo, is it a promising lead???? They are both so gorgeous....I wish, I wish
that is will work out

Ginger and Hobo at the Bridge (Valentine's Day 2011) but NEVER forgotten <3...

"‎I have sent you on a journey to a land free from pain, not because
I did not love you, but because I loved you too much to force
you to stay" ♥ ♥

We do not have to wait for Heaven, to be surrounded by hope, love, and joyfulness.
It is here on earth and has four legs!
Old February 17th, 2009, 06:16 AM

I will be calling the Goldens' mom either today or tomorrow (depending on a migraine I'm trying to head off at the pass, argh), and will let you all know! I've read the whole thread, and can see there are so many kind souls here who have been with these dogs in spirit since last June. You're all wonderful.

Regardless of what happens, my great thanks to Frenchy, Marko, and Diamondsmum for helping to facilitate all the contacts that have been necessary. I pray for the absolute best outcome for these two beauties, and would be honoured if that meant they could spend the rest of their days here with me.

We'll see.........
Old February 17th, 2009, 06:58 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Lots of and s here!!!

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old February 17th, 2009, 07:49 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

:

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old February 18th, 2009, 12:36 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Adding our , , and crossed s to the mix.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old February 20th, 2009, 06:41 AM

Drumroll please............

I am thrilled to be able to tell you all that Casey and Maestro are officially moving to Ontario! Their mom and I had a lovely talk (while they sat on her), and once the weather is less uncertain (I'm guessing about eight weeks from now), she will bring them here herself. I can't tell you how happy I am, how excited, how honoured I will be to have them in my care. I'm already completely in love with both of them.

Big thanks to all of you for keeping this thread so active - I had never been to this site, and have no idea how I got here, but this was the first thread that caught my eye, and I was hooked. Biggest thanks to Frenchy, Marko, and Diamondsmum for facilitating contact!

I promise to keep you updated upon their arrival, and will do my best to post pictures. Until then... and God bless!
Old February 20th, 2009, 08:35 AM

CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a great way to become a member.

Old February 20th, 2009, 08:57 AM
Senior Contributor

OMG Purr,that is just wonderful and they are not going to be split up
Trying to hold back happiness tears,thank you,thank you
Old February 20th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Senior Contributor

Bless you Purr for opening your heart and home. Everyone has been keeping this thread going as we all wanted to see them placed together.

Frenchy - for being so darn persistant. Congrats Girl!!
Old February 20th, 2009, 09:12 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Wahoo . So glad they could be kept together.

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old February 20th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Senior Contributor

purr, That is absolutely fabulous news!!!

I am sooo happy to have helped

I cant wait to see updated pics \

Last edited by Diamondsmum; February 20th, 2009 at 09:28 AM.
Old February 20th, 2009, 09:25 AM
ZiggyZuzuZoeyRaggzy&Keena

YAHOOZIE!!!! What a great way to start the day

So happy for all of you but mostly that they get to stay together for their new adventure!!!!

Ginger and Hobo at the Bridge (Valentine's Day 2011) but NEVER forgotten <3...

"‎I have sent you on a journey to a land free from pain, not because
I did not love you, but because I loved you too much to force
you to stay" ♥ ♥

We do not have to wait for Heaven, to be surrounded by hope, love, and joyfulness.
It is here on earth and has four legs!
Old February 20th, 2009, 09:42 AM

You're all wonderful! I have happy tears here too, and am so glad I can help! I've rescued animals all my life, and have always had dogs (and cats, and a variety of other creatures). My last dog passed away a few weeks ago, and we always said that our next one would be one (or two... or three) in need - either an adult, or a senior, or a special needs dog, or a black one (why DO they get left so frequently?! You should know right now that people drive me CRAZY. Ack.), or just any one that needed us. I had been looking at another pair of Goldens in Goderich, was going to go see them, hopefully to adopt, when I read that the shelter (after only 2 weeks of trying) SEPARATED THEM and adopted out the female. I was devastated. And of course, it's the older, less "attractive" boy who has been abandoned. I feel physically ill when I think of it, even now. From what I can tell, he's still there - is anyone looking for a single Golden? 8 yrs old, beyond wonderful. I may even call about him myself...

Anyway, I'm just THRILLED, for Casey and Maestro, that they will be spared any more pain and confusion than they're already going to feel. I really honour this woman (their mom) for trying so hard to keep them together - she knows better than anyone what they're like, and she knows it would destroy them to be torn from each others' world. I know I'm the one getting them, but honestly, my main joy and relief comes from knowing they'll be TOGETHER.

Thank you all for these warm wishes! I'm truly blessed to be able to do this, and I do feel like I was brought here, to find them. And thanks to all of you, they were still front and centre, all these months later. Well done!!
Old February 20th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Senior Contributor

Very cool. And not a bad timeline, things being what they are. Congratulations, Purr, big mitzvah, especially taking them together which will make the transition so much easier. When they have settled in, we expect many pictures.
Old February 20th, 2009, 10:03 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

That's wonderful news, purr!! Congratulations to both you and the Golden Duo!

And yes, lots of pictures, please

Old February 20th, 2009, 11:22 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

to you Purr for taking this pair! Maybe the boy in Goderich can be a third? No pressure!
Thank you so much for taking these sweeties! People like you make it worthwhile for rescures to keep up their work! Thank you!!!
And giant for the two new babies you will be getting!!

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old February 20th, 2009, 10:02 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by purr View Post
I had never been to this site, and have no idea how I got here,
Faith got you here !!! and I'm so glad ! Thank you sooo much for adopting them both ! This is just great I can't wait for you guys to meet ....

oh and everyone , I already told purr she would have to come here , for updates and pics

welcome to pets.ca purr !
Old February 21st, 2009, 09:08 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
Faith got you here !!! and I'm so glad ! Thank you sooo much for adopting them both ! This is just great I can't wait for you guys to meet ....

oh and everyone , I already told purr she would have to come here , for updates and pics

welcome to pets.ca purr !
Yup, updates and pics are a must!

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old February 23rd, 2009, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
to you Purr for taking this pair! Maybe the boy in Goderich can be a third? No pressure!

14+, I was thinking the very same thing myself! I went to the website today to check on him, and he'd JUST been adopted this morning! So he's lost his girlfriend, but hopefully his new family will shower him with love and he'll be comforted.

Thanks for all the good wishes, guys! What a welcoming place this is. I'm so looking forward to meeting them, buying plush new beds this week... it may even be as early as the end of March now - I'll keep you updated! (and will brush up on my picture-posting skills in the meantime)
Old February 23rd, 2009, 05:16 PM
Senior Contributor

purr,that's great news for the other old boy
You probably already told us,but why do you have to wait until the end of March,are they still with the owner??
Oh,and pics for sure,lots of them
Old February 23rd, 2009, 05:25 PM
150% PRO S/N

Such great news that the boy in Goderich was adopted so quickly! I emailed my nephew about him but never heard back. They live in Goderich and have a golden. Thought maybe they would like another. Nothing like auntie pressuring them!
I can't wait to see pics of the pups in their new house!!

Last edited by 14+kitties; February 24th, 2009 at 02:55 PM.
Old February 23rd, 2009, 07:13 PM

chico2, nice to meet you!

Yes, Casey and Maestro are still with their owner, and she wants to personally drive them here (to meet me, see where they'll be living), all the way from Montreal to Southern Ontario, so we need to be sure the weather is safe enough for such a long trip. We sometimes get storms into April too, so we're just sort of playing it by ear and keeping in touch. But they are DEFINITELY coming! She's a pretty amazing woman to be going so far out of her way to make sure her babies will be alright. I respect her so much for this.

14+, good job on pressuring family members! I was determined to find something for him or adopt him myself. My heart still breaks thinking of how much he's missing Sadie.... but must think of the glass half full and all that. He has a home!
Old February 24th, 2009, 07:52 AM

YAY for a Happy ending!! Congrats on your new babies Purr and welcome to Pets.ca

Noel- 4 year old black and white cat
Felix- 6 year old black cat
Maggie-3 year old Newfoundland Dog
Sparkie- Puppy Shih zu
Old February 24th, 2009, 09:08 AM
Senior Contributor

Purr,that poor lady,it will be heartbreaking for her,but at the same time a a relief her beautiful pups will be safe and together
Old February 24th, 2009, 02:53 PM

Thanks MommaKat! (and everyone else I haven't specifically named!)

Chico, yes - my heart is breaking for what the Goldens' mom is having to endure, finding homes not just for these two, but a whole farm of animals that she loves. (btw, HUGE kudos to Frenchy for helping her with all of this!) I am quite certain when she comes here that we'll both be in tears by the time she leaves. I'll do everything I can to make the transition as positive as possible for her, and for Casey and Maestro.
Old February 24th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Senior Contributor

Yes Purr,our Frenchy has a heart of gold,she has helped many,many animals.
I think we can all understand how difficult this must be for the poor lady to have to give up the animals she loves.
However,thank's to you,she needs not worry about her 2 Goldens.
Old February 24th, 2009, 06:58 PM
-

purr , I'm hoping this snow will melt real fast and spring can get here pronto , I can't wait for the goldies to be in their new home

BTW , a friend of mine adopted 4 of the cats was suppose to only take one but I sent pictures of all the cats to his girlfriend