Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old May 16th, 2012, 12:13 PM

Rio is missing ~ Pharmacy Ave./ St. Clair

We left Rio with a pet sitter at Pharmacy Ave./ St. Clair on Sunday May 6th 2012 while we went away on holiday. She ran away from the sitter almost immediately and was last seen running north on Pharmacy Ave. at 1 a.m. in the early hours of Monday May 7th. We returned on Sunday May 13th to be told our dog had been missing all week. Her collar was found on Tuesday May 8th at the entrance to Warden Woods park at Warden/ St. Clair, and returned to us BUT OUR DOG IS STILL MISSING. We are devastated. Her description is : Medium sized (45 lbs.) Shepherd/Sheltie cross. She is often mistaken for a small Husky. She is 9 yrs. old. She has a white chest, paws, and eyebrows/lower area of face. She is very shy and afraid of other dogs and small children. She is very attached to us and we are fearful she may be trying to make her way home to Peterborough where we live....150 km. from where she went missing. She could be anywhere. We also think someone may be keeping her against her will in the area (we have been told someone was walking a dog matching her description, and that person was told she did not belong to the walker). Please, please help us find Rio. Our friend and fellow searcher is located in the area and can be reached at 416-752-1613 (Ruth). My home number is 705-755-1092 (Deb) and another friend can be reached by cell at (416) 358-2807 (Carol). Thanks to all for reading. I am posting wherever I can including the Toronto Humane Society website, Toronto Animal Services in all four locations, Kijiji lost pets, and I have posters in Taylor Creek Park, Warden Woods Park and anywhere we feel she may be sighted in the area including the library and No Frills.
Attached Images

Old May 16th, 2012, 01:05 PM

So so sorry to hear about Rio. Don't give up! Take the posters you made down to the post office and for a fee they will deliver them with the regular mail, this way the word really gets out there and if someone is keeping her maybe they will have a heart and return Rio to you. Someone has had to see her somewhere. Call all the vets, shelters, etc in the area. Keep us posted please and let us know when Rio has come home, I am so hoping it is soon.
Old May 16th, 2012, 01:22 PM

Kassianni...Your idea of having the post office deliver flyers is one we hadn't considered. It is a wonderful idea and will be our next move. Thank's so much !
Old May 16th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Senior Contributor

Sending you that Rio returns home soon.
Old May 16th, 2012, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by puphappy View Post
Kassianni...Your idea of having the post office deliver flyers is one we hadn't considered. It is a wonderful idea and will be our next move. Thank's so much !
My pleasure! Its just another way to really get the word out there. Make sure you say on the posters that Rio is a member of your family and dearly missed, if someone has her might make them feel guilty! Also as bad as this may sound, maybe offer a reward. Sadly many people are motivated by money, and if someone has her, and one of their friends know, for money, they might just let you know. It sounds bad doesn't it but if you can offer a reward I would do that as well. Fingers are crossed here. Keep us posted please.
Old May 17th, 2012, 04:09 AM
Senior Contributor

Kasianni's idea is really good. A friend here in Australia, up in Sydney, gave a sheltie to an old friend and it escaped the following day. They had to deliver flyers themselves and walked the streets to deliver 2,000 of them, the result being a happy ending. A fellow who had a little farm in between a housing estate and where a 3 lane freeway was being built rang them to say he thought the dog was hiding in blackberry bushes on his farm, and sure enough he was. One of the girls had to do a flying leap to grab him, sheltie's being so ready to bolt, but he was safe after a week of dangerous living on busy streets. I wish you the very best of luck, puphappy, and that Rio is home soon.
Old May 17th, 2012, 07:27 AM

I am reposting this for you. That is such a horrible feeling when your dog is missing.