Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old August 31st, 2010, 05:40 PM
Half Way To Crazy

Toothpaste

Is there a Doggie Toothpaste that I could make at home and that is simple?? that possible not upset Bree's tummy or makes Arch gag?? (I never used very much )

Right now I am only using water,and tooth brush of course

Most of the toothpastes I have tried (different brands and flavors including non flavored) makes Bree's tummy upset which results in well you know the world I can never spell and makes Archer gag.
Old August 31st, 2010, 09:49 PM
Doggie Wench

I would think water and a toothbrush would be just fine, Breeze. The brushing action is what removes any food/dirt stuck to their teeth.

Teeth brushing time would be great to take pics of to share with us, you know .
Old August 31st, 2010, 10:29 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Awfully hard to brush and snap pics at the same time, though, LP! I've tried it--it just doesn't work well! It's so hard to get the drool and toothpaste off the camera afterward.

I agree--water and brush should be fine, breeze, unless you're trying to remove tarter deposits that have been there for a while. Then the enzyme pastes work well.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old August 31st, 2010, 10:34 PM
Doggie Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
Awfully hard to brush and snap pics at the same time, though, LP! I've tried it--it just doesn't work well! It's so hard to get the drool and toothpaste off the camera afterward.
Then it should be suggested as September's photo challenge . You can start the thread, Breeze .
Old August 31st, 2010, 10:35 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Well it certainly would be a challenge!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old September 1st, 2010, 07:23 AM
Half Way To Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckypenny View Post
Then it should be suggested as September's photo challenge . You can start the thread, Breeze .

anything to get pictures hummmmm
Old September 1st, 2010, 07:27 AM
Half Way To Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
I agree--water and brush should be fine, breeze, unless you're trying to remove tarter deposits that have been there for a while. Then the enzyme pastes work well.
ya I was trying to remove some tarter. Arch is not to bad he has a little but Bree's teeth have never been great, I thought if I could find something or make something it might help..
but most of the toothpastes make Bree's tummy upset.
Old September 1st, 2010, 01:02 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

There are rinses that you can use. Talk to your vet--you may be able to apply some of the rinse to a toothbrush and get it on the tooth that way--minimizes the amount swallowed. Also, some of those enzyme toothpastes come in different flavors. Since Evan was allergic to poultry, we switched from the poultry-flavored CET to the malt-flavored CET. He tolerated the malt much better I think some make mint-flavored toothpastes now, too.

Old September 1st, 2010, 01:28 PM
Half Way To Crazy

I don't think I have ( should say the beasts) tried the malt one.. will have to look for that one