Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures > Photo challenges on Pets.ca

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 26th, 2008, 03:32 AM
-

Anyone have ideas for March other than St. Patrick's Day theme?

Easter is in March this year.....so we could do a bunny hop type of challenge, jumping pets maybe?

Western Easter is always the Sunday after the full moon after the Spring Equinox. That's why the date changes every year. Orthodox Easter is another date, usually a few weeks after.

How about "All Things Green"

In some places snow will be gone and grass will start to appear in March. I can't wait! But we won't see green until end of April. I check the weather every day and noticed + 11 C somewhere out west in Canada. *grumble*

Green for St Patty's and green for spring. The first taste of young grass shoots. *gnaw gnaw gnaw* Sniffing the crocus that just bloomed, etc. Or do the 'ol beer can pose beside a sleeping pet.

Spring Fever is another idea. Mud zoomies? lol

My Sheeba has never set foot on soft green grass. All she knows is snow and ice.

Judging by the forecast, going to be quite a while before we see any mud or green here
Lots of the white stuff and ice though.

Yeah, I don't see where the green would come from, if I don't buy a can of paint!

Passover, Easter (both), St.Patrick ... sure ....

Or how about "white spring"

how about...

Beware the Ides of March!

we could photos of recent assassinations.... on stuffies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessi76 View Post
how about...

Beware the Ides of March!

we could photos of recent assassinations.... on stuffies.

That's a good idea but wouldn't work for those with cats only.

I forgot Easter was early this year. It's been done before but then so has St. Patrick's Day.

I liked the Mudfest idea but since you Easterners are still enjoying the winter snow then I guess that won't work.

Any more ideas? .....

well, it could be any impending doom photos ... not just on stuffies.

Ides of March is a cool idea. The cat people could do scratching posts, or they have toys too.

Easter (March 23).

Spring (the equinox is March 20).

St. Paddy's.

But, I loooove the Ides of March idea.

I'd have to go hunt the little mangled bodies down in the snow. My two seem to know they've commit murder and bury them. They don't seem to get the point the snow will melt and bodies everywhere. I like the idea tho, make little wanted posters, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessi76 View Post
well, it could be any impending doom photos ... not just on stuffies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
Ides of March is a cool idea. The cat people could do scratching posts, or they have toys too.

Never thought of the destroyed scratching posts.

I vote for the Ides of March too.

so the Ides of march
means

"doom", "destrution" ??

never understood it...

The Ides of March, March 15th, is when Julius Caeser was killed.

http://www.infoplease.com/spot/ides1.html

In modern times, the term Ides of March (Latin Idus Martiae) is best known as the date that Julius Caesar was assassinated, in 44 BCE

LOL i love google.

ok thanks

Ides was the term for the middle of the month the 15th or 13th depending on the month. A soothsayer said to Caeser "beware the Ides of March", and it turned out to be a true prediction because that's when Pompey and the council stabbed him to death.

LOL Who needs Google, just watch Xena.

LOl nono i cant handle xena, always seemed like there was more going on with her and gabrielle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
LOl nono i cant handle xena, always seemed like there was more going on with her and gabrielle.
HAHA That was one of the ongoing jokes, and only "certain" people would see the subtext. LOL They did both have male companions occasionally you know.

LOL and Rock Hudson was married. rotfl.

Our little s never destroy anything....no gloom and doom here, only perfectly ic doggies...

And if you believe that, I have some beautiful bayou real estate you'll want to look at

Ides of March sounds like a great idea! If I come up with any pics, though, someone else will have to post them for me cuz I'm sure the thread will be too full for my bandwidth by then.

Quincy is already working on his march slaughter picture. Bailley on the other hand is a sneaky murderer. He does it when no one is around then acts like quincy did it.

Smart Bailey!

shhh he already thinks he's perfect and he's sitting in my lap reading. We can't let him know we're on to him.

this should be an interesting thread with doom and gloom, ploting revenge pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
LOL Who needs Google, just watch Xena.
Or, if you're my age, you learned it in school.

Last edited by marko; March 1st, 2008 at 10:44 AM. Reason: pre-challenge posts merged by marko