Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Old February 11th, 2008, 08:51 AM

hi everyone

Hi out there! My name is waterbabies. I have two legged kids a step daughter with two legs and three four legged kids. I have a long hair chihuahua mix named skippy he is about seven we got him when his owners passed away, I have a full blooded chi that I got from my sister in law, she is two, and we have a new addition just adopted Saturday from the animal shelter that my daughter volunteeres at. She is about four weeks old and was found under a tractor the morning after some horrible storms come through our area. We think she is part shar pei because of her ears and her adorable little face. I found my way here through a google search for puppies with dry skin. Obviously I am a big advocate for adopting pets that need a good loving home.
Old February 11th, 2008, 08:55 AM

I didn,t tell you all my other two's names! The chi is white and she named snow. The new addition is black and she is named stormy.
Old February 11th, 2008, 08:59 AM
Senior Contributor

welcome!!

we LOVE pics! so once you have enough posts to do so, post some pics of the furkids!

congrats on the new adoption!! you're certainly among likeminded folks here - we all support adopting from shelters and rescues.

can't wait to see Skippy, Snow & Stormy!
Old February 11th, 2008, 09:53 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Welcome to the board, waterbabies! And congratulations on your new addition! If she's part sharpei she'll be lots bigger than Skippy and Snow, but I'll bet the chi's will rule the roost!

Only four weeks old! Poor baby. Separated from mom during a scary storm... But it sounds like she's found a safe and loving place now.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old February 11th, 2008, 10:04 AM

Oh trust me she is becoming more spoiled by the minute. When I dropped my daughter off Saturday morning and heard the story I knew she would be ours! It just broke my heart to know she shouldn't even be weened yet but got separated from her family in that horrible storm. She needed a mom. She will just tug at my heart when we are playing and she decides to get as close as she can, snuggle up, and go to sleep.
The chi will definitely rule. Snow for sure that is just her personality. She is also the most playful. Her and skippy were both a little stand off when we first brought her home but they are both coming around.
Old February 11th, 2008, 03:15 PM

I would love to show eveyone pictures of my babies! Now can someone tell me how lol. I am actually on a blackberry phone and I don't know how to upload pictures from it. I can email and everything else but I can't figure out how to upload. If some one knows how I would love to know
Old February 12th, 2008, 12:28 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Is the newbie taking to solid food pretty well or are you still having to supplement her with formula?

As for pictures, there is a bit of a delay and/or a minimum post requirement (I'm not sure which) for posting pictures, so you may not be able to post them right away unless you Private Message marko and ask him to enable your account for posting pictures. Once you can post attachments, you'll see a box just below the Reply to Thread box called Additional Options, and a Manage Attachments button in that box. Click on that and a dialogue box comes up that allows you to browse for attachments on your computer. Picture files must be 100K or smaller in size.

Now, as to how to handle it from a Blackberry, I'm afraid I don't know. Unless is works the same way hazel lives in the 20th century and out in the boonies...she's never even seen a Blackberry phone

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."