Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old August 25th, 2004, 01:04 AM

welp.. since no one has visited me for a while.. thought I would give a bit of an update to myself .. jk.. I think I found a great new owner for Frenchy (thats what Ive named her)... This women that I work with just lost her little girl of 15 years 3 weeks ago and has another one that shes had for 3 years. She tells me that her other little baby has been quite sad since the the 15 years passed. Her only concern is that frenchy should get her vacs before she comes into her home. She said she would pay for them and I will keep her in my home while the vacs do their job, so that if she does have any type of anything it wont affect her other kitty. I think this is a good sign that she is a loving pet owner is looking out for the wellfare of her pets/family members. Currently I am treating her for ear mites and we are scheduling her to get spayed. I trust this women completely (or I wouldnt even consider this). I believe she will be happy in this new home and will be loved very much. Do you guys think that I am doing the right thing? I dont want to jump into anything to soon. What do you suggest? Should I ask anymore questions? I asked plenty but maybe you can give me some that I didnt or that I forgot. Welllll.. people let me know!
Old August 25th, 2004, 06:52 AM
Senior Contributor

Dreams,Yes,I think you are doing the right thing,the ladies concerns for her other cat and the insisting to have Frenchy spayed and vax'ed,convinces me she probably would be a good owner to the kitten.
Hopefully the kitten will also be an in-door cat and not de-clawed.
You've done a wonderful thing taking care of this little lost kitten,you probably saved her life and I thank you for that.
It will probably be heartbreaking for you to give her up,but one day you'll be able to have your own.Also since the lady works with you,you'll be able to visit and watch Frenchy grow up to be a beautiful cat,thank's to you
Please keep us posted,let us know what happens...
OOps,I just read your post about your dog,for some reason I thought you were a poor student who could not afford a cat
But it does noot change anything,you're wonderful for rescuing this little kitty!
Old August 25th, 2004, 02:57 PM

O.. Chico2 I do have a dog, whom I can afford I just cant afford to have 2 pets. I dont want to over do myself. My dog is altered and vaxed and I would max out all my credit cards to take him to the vet if need be. I just dont think that a second animal is wise. Dont get me wrong, I am a poor student (arent we all?) lol... But I will always be there for Bear Bear, just like I have in the past (still paying off those credit cards). . Im glad you think this is a good decision. I do too. I am positive that the cat will be inside. That was one of the reason she wanted Frenchy to have her vaxes because according to her, her kitty has never set foot outside since the day she got her. So thats a good thing. But as for the declawing thing, thats a good question that I did not ask. I will now! I dont believe in declawing so if that is the case I wont be sending her there. But I will see what happens. Ill let you know.