Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old September 28th, 2007, 07:23 AM

Smile Black Lab Found Vaughan!!!

After spending 12 days tracking his movements we were able to bring Jagger home safely. He is a little weak and sore but will make a full recovery! I cant tell you how insane the past 12 days have been, we have traveled 2500 km within Vaughan and Richmond hill, by foot, car and bike. Posted over 500 posters, placed newspaper ads, followed every lead! Losing a pet is a heartbreaking experience and my heart goes out to all those who are still missing their pets. Never stop Looking!!! Thanks for the support.
Old September 28th, 2007, 07:50 AM
Senior Contributor

Soulman,thats wonderful news,made my morning thank's!!!
Old September 28th, 2007, 08:05 AM
Senior Contributor

Fantastic. I admire your persistence and I am so glad it paid off. Welcome home Jagger!
Old September 28th, 2007, 08:30 AM
banned user

Great News...so happy for Jagger...gives me hope that someday Carly, Sil and I will find our lost ones.

Come on home Spencer, Billie and my Sable
Old September 28th, 2007, 09:46 AM
-

That is great to hear. Maybe since he is new to your family it would not be a bad idea to start him out on a vest harness. We use one on our HuskyX, they are easy to put on a dog and there are no straps, our guy does not seem to mind it at all. It can also be used when travelling in a car to attach a seat belt. Just a suggestion.
Old September 28th, 2007, 09:52 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Hurrah! I love happy endings! Welcome home, Jagger!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old September 28th, 2007, 04:02 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Excellent news. I love happy endings!
Old September 28th, 2007, 04:40 PM

Yayyy
I'm so happy for Jagger and his family.
Old October 16th, 2007, 11:31 PM

good news, very encouraging for me

SO glad to hear of your reunion after 12 days. You both must be so happy.

Our lab cross has been missing now for 11 days and have had no concrete sightings. Have had numerous reports of a black dog from many different regions where I live. I know he can't be in two places at once.

How were you able to track him? Like you I have traveled many many miles, posted over 400 flyers, taken out newspaper ads and enlisted the help of bus companies, police departments, taxi companies, fire department, courier companies, catering trucks, neighbors and friends, Canada Post carriers and anyone I talk to on the street. My best response to posters has been from those posted at drive-thru windows at donuts shops and fast food restaurants.

Any words of experience would be much appreciated.
Old October 17th, 2007, 01:49 AM
banned user

I know how you are feeling. Sable has been missing in that Barrie/Orillia area for over a year now. It seems you have done all the right things with all your ads and flyers. The one thing I found helpful was to print a business card with a coloured picture on one side and the information on the other side...it is easier for people to handle when you are talking with them and they are more likly to keep it with them and call if they have a sighting. You might also forward your information to the Greek Rescue folks who are looking for Leon who is also missing in that area. They are doing some mass postings of lost
dogs in the area. You can send me a private message thru this site if you want to talk further. Never give up hope.
Old October 17th, 2007, 01:53 AM
banned user

I posted on the wrong Black Lab...it should have been on the lost Black Lab but read the last post and well it is 2:52 a.m....need I say more....and I am blonde!
Old October 17th, 2007, 10:18 PM

Shirley, I started reading about your lost Sable last night and was so taken by the story I couldn't walk away and ended up not getting to bed till 1:30am. Your commitment and dedication to Sable is inspirational and encouraging. Bravo to you for not giving up on your friend and companion. I truly hope and believe you will be reunited one day, hopefully sooner than later. I have heard many stories of reunions after extended periods of time from different people over the last 12 days. Gives me hope when I'm feeling overwhelmed. People have been so supportive and encouraging.
Thanks for the business card suggestion, a fantastic idea. Not sure what you mean by Greek Rescue folks or Leon. I will utilize any resources I can to get Jake back home.
New to this site so not sure what the private message thing is.
Don't want to hijack this good news thread from soulman so I'll continue to post under my own thread.